• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 24, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

jott

i just gotta call first
greenthumb.gif

Question:
Does the lift bar plate on a 70/100 bolt to the slot in the implement lift handle?
1a_scratchhead.gif

I thought there was a photo of this a short time back. Any info and/or photos would be appreciated.
Thanks,
happy.gif

Marty G.
I guess I'm a little slow tonight in understanding what your trying to say.
Do either of these pics show what your talking about?
187285.jpg

187286.jpg

Well i guess i will be waiting awhile for a creeper drive, 150 and 200 is way to high for me, even on fleabay.

hello all
im having a issue on my implement handle on a wide frame,it will just drop down while moving no mater how fast you go.It has a lot of play in it left to right,but I dont see any way to tighten it up.I got the shop manual but it only shows the break down on the handle.Is there a way to tighten it up? I did notice some small holes in the cast part but nothing is there
sad.gif

Rod - Does it still have the L-O-N-G "L" shaped rod down the inside length of the handle ?

Rod D.
Where #10 & #3 connect, there's a roll pin or a coiled spring pin as Cub calls it that holds it on and keeps things tight.
187291.jpg

BTW, that pic is from the Parts Look up above.

OOOPS, after reading the rules, I see I did post this in the wrong spot. Sorry, I will repost in a different one.

Hi Ken
Im not sure.I did not take it off the tractor yet,but the manual shows a L shaped rod conecting to another rod inside the handle.its A 129 built back in 73,and the tractor is all original but the hydro leaver that I can see. But Im new to the tractor hobby

Rod - Charlie's screen capture shows all but the top of handle with the release button. If you still have the button on top see if it springs up and down , if it's there but doesn't move then it's rusted stuck down the inside and holding it.
The "L" rod goes into the height stop notches in #6 in the drawing.

ya the only button missing is the one in the finger grip,the top button works great.I can use the lift but it just drops down when moving.Charlie you said about the spring/spring pin are they still avaliable?I think that is it,if that would keep it from moving left to right

Rod D.
The the hole is really wollered out, drill that sucker to the next larger size and put a bolt in it!
BTDT.
clappy.gif

Scott, that springy (sorry about the technical terminology) is the resistor for dim headlights. You never know what you may want to do in the future, mabey if it aint in the way, just don't use it. It isn't mine do what you want.
happy.gif

I think this is a diagram for 154
hope it works

Charlie,
Sorry, I was so tired I had to go to bed.
Yes,Item #3 is the issue. I know where item #3 attaches to item #4, this is obvious. But where does item #3 attach to the tractor on a model 70?

Kraig; That little brown truck came here also.
The 102 can plow in a higher gear with a new clutch spring.
Thanks for the good service Charlie.
Luther
187302.jpg

Michael Smith: According to Hank Will's CUB CADET THE FIRST 45 YEARS, IH production ended with ser # 694248 in April, 1981. I've noticed quite a few guys looking for a 782, lately. $300 seems very reasonable, to me.
coffee.gif

Marty, yes, that part, item #3 in the image Charlie posted, mounts into the slot on the lift handle.

187304.jpg

The same guy with the 782 also has an International grader box, faded yellow paint. It is all complete with minor surface rust. The International decal is still visible on the back. What would be a fair price for it. I have never seen one for sale. The 782 is $300 without the mower deck.

Back