Archive through March 23, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dschwandt

IHCC Supporter
displayname
David Schwandt
Got a couole pairs of ISO mount bars welded up this AM and noticed these differences. Anyone know when and why they made these changes?

The one on the right had the round snubbers and the other (flat one) had the cylindrical snubbers as well as extra holes, 2 of which got covered by the reiforcement.

255840.jpg

255841.jpg

I have a 582 special that is blowing oil out the tube on the right side of the engine (sitting on the tractor right side) what is causing this and how do i fix it? Its the 16 hp briggs

Tyler,

Possibly a bad crankcase breather assembly. there is a little plastic reed valve in them that sometimes goes bad.

Mike, thanks for the correction. I did not know they made one that had a 12v supply side. Useful information if I can only remember it.

David S - The iso bars that came with my 1650 were like you show on the right. Three things I didn't like about them were 1) the rear oil pan holes were oval/slotted. 2) The snubbers I bought were not rounded across the top like my original ones. 3) The oval/slots in the rear made it difficult to "jig" up the oil pan/isolators and also align the four isolator holes correctly with the tractor frame at the same time when welding the cross bar. I wound-up replacing those isolators with the type you show on the left. The rails don't seem quite as heavy/stiff, but they look to me like a better solution as they don't have slots in the rear for the oil pan, they are parallel with the frame where the snubbers with flat face/top are used.

Bill....

I'm gonna try 'em both and use whichever one fits the best. The left set was an extra that came out of a 1450. While I had the Lincoln fired up I figured what the heck, may as well weld up 2 of 'em and get them painted cuz I have more QL's waiting for the same mod. I bolted a pan to them and measured the distace between the rails front and rear to make sure they were equal before welding so I shouldn't have any problems, I hope!! Famous last words eh??

Looks like more shop time, snowing here this AM!
Dave S.

8 to 10 inches of snow today here in St Louis!!! WOO HOO!!! Gona Play ALL DAY!!!!
1AA_dance2.gif
buttrock.gif
icon_jam.gif
ihrotate.gif

Steve "Mr. Plow" hope you have your CUB snow equipment ready..

I hope I do not have to break out the 169 with blade again

At least you guys up North know what to expect when you get up. A week or two ago I picked up two Cubs on a mini-road-trip with the windows down on a beautiful almost Spring day. The very next day I have the snowblower out piddling around trying to throw a little snow and play around before it completely melted the next day.

Hey Guys, Can anyone tell me the part number for the top transmission inspection plate gasket? This is the rectangular gasket beneath the battery port on the 169. Thanks, Reggie

Reggie-
Scroll up to the top of this page. See where it says "Parts Look Up" in the colorful boxes? Click on that, look for "garden tractor", then look up your 169.

Every part number for the entire tractor will be there. It's really a handy feature to learn and know how to use.

Oh, and we'd love to have your 169's serial data in our data-base. Click on my name above and send me an email for more info.

Jeff, Denny,

982 Special and 54" Haban stand at the ready!!!

Super 782 and QA-42A are on the DL with a broken spirol in the auger chain drive sprocket. Pulled it out of the shed yesterday to get the loader out, hit the PTO switch and noticed the drive shaft side slip on the sprocket...then noticed no chain movement! Out of long spirols (order from McMaster Carr is one this afternoon's list) but do have a short one, or a 1/4" bolt if I have to press it into service today. Guessing that the blade will handle it, as there isn't anything sticking to the pavement as of yet, just the grass...but it is really coming down!

Reggie - when you use the Parts Look-up at the top of this page, the 1st screen that comes up has a block "Find Parts By Model". Make sure you select "Garden Tractor" from the list, then you can select your 169 from the next list. I think the gasket you're looking for is shown under the Trans/Diff section and would be Line 21, part no. IH-394091-R1, Gasket, Top Cover. I don't know why you may have removed that cover except to have a look. Now, the sad news is this gasket comes up NLA. I guess you'll have to make one. If you use any Permetex, or make it out of this, make sure you don't get any inside since I understand it will ruin the hydro pump.

Yesterday was the day I prepared my 125 for the upcoming grass season. I knew I would need some help, so I got my 82 year old friend to help. I am 72 with 2 artificial knees and a bad back. Got the old deck off, blades sharpened and reassembled the deck. Finally got the beast under the mower and mounted on the hangers and noticed the belt was pinched on the hanger. A tire iron and a hammer dislodged it and then noticed the belt was off one of the front pulleys. It was pinched with the spring, so back to the hammer and tire iron. Got it released and got the belt on with a big screwdriver. After about 2 hours and up and down way too many times, I started it up for the test. The deck immediately locked up. I had forgotten the 48" deck has 3 blades, with the middle one about an inch longer than the other two. I had the longer one on the right side. After several bourbons, I decided to wait for another day. I think my helper has quit too.

Dave, I've got 3 words for you - God Bless You and the White Horse you rode in on! That goes for your Buddy, too!
To get a bit more serious, here, I see a 169 in your profile. Still got it?
Not tough enough for bourbon, here --
beerchug.gif

I could add this:
Slant%20Tongue.gif

Latest posts

Back