• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 22, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jack S,
Maybe I'm not seeing it but whats wrong with the unit? Are you missing parts or did something break? I cant tell.

26541.jpg

26542.jpg

26543.jpg

26544.jpg

The plow in the photo above has the coulter U-bolt in backwards.

26545.jpg

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on March 23, 2005)

Terry B., I assume that the photo Jack posted is one taken before it was shipped.........

Rick, do you have the Owner's Manual for your Brinly Plow? If not I can send it via email, it's 12 pages, 3.38MB.

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on March 23, 2005)

You rock man!
happy.gif
I think I just about got it right now.

It was used, no manual came with it.

But I would like a copy of that manual, so I have a paper one in the future.

(Message edited by rmunday on March 23, 2005)

Rick, glad to help, the manual files are on their way. :eek:)

Yes, the picture is what was included before it shipped. The cylinder ripped throught the box in shipping and that is what I am needing the specs on, so I can replace it.

First off, let me begin by saying I know absolutely nothing about these tractors.

I'm looking for a recommendation of a model that can support a wide range of attachments and has parts that are somewhat readily available on the web.

Thanks in Advance!

Jack,
You might want to consider buying a cylinder and doing a retrofit. I got one of these for my 147 lift.
You would need to weld the slotted end of the old cylinder to the end of the new one. I used the 6 inch cylinder. You might need to measure yours.
Note that my setup is different than yours so measurements maybe important to make sure it fits.

26550.jpg

Click on these links below.
6 inch cylinder

4 inch cylinder

This is what it looked like before I painted it.
26551.jpg

Hey Brian McCool,
You have allot in common with Charlie, You guys should link up.
clappy.gif

Yea, everybody pretty much knows that I'm a dumba$$ and know nothing when it comes to Cubs, But hey! At least I'll admit it!

Terry, Thanks, that is exactly what I was looking for! I am sure I can make it work. I'll post some pic's of the 123 when I finish.

Brian McCool,
I would recommend the popular 147 model.
You can mount external hydraulics to it.
26564.jpg

26565.jpg

You can build a loader for it.
26566.jpg

You can mow with it.
26567.jpg

You can blade with it.
26568.jpg

You can snow throw with it.
26569.jpg

You can even grapple with it.
26570.jpg

My next project is to see if I can peal an apple.

(OK I know this was a shameless plug for 147's
blush.gif
)

Terry, is that counter-weights just front and below the left foot rest on the top picture? If so, how much weight you got there?

Brian McC -

That would be all of them.

Ignore Mr. Busch, he apparently skipped a dose tonight
lol.gif
- you can just as easily weld all that stuff on ANY Cub Cadet.

Bottom line is, parts are still available thru MTD for all the <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> Cub Cadets. Parts that aren't still available are either available used thru our sponsors and others or are being reproduced and sold thru our sponsors.

Will EVERY part be available on the web? Probably not. You might actually have to pick up a telephone. Or at least e-mail...

Implements and attachments are available used from the aforementioned sources as well. Some, such as plows, cultivators, disks and carts made by Brinly or AgriFab are available new. And then, as Mr. Busch states, you can roll your own and weld on whatever ya want
wink.gif

You might want to peruse the top of this site, www.ihcubcadet.com for further info on these tractors, as well as read our FAQ - the link is towards the top of this page.

Lil' Abner (sorry for the pun),
I think there was a screw up on the bidding. It seems to me that the guy didn't know how to bid.

Jack "S",
Looks like it's all there to me.
dunno.gif

(Message edited by thoffman on March 23, 2005)

Tom H. -

I think it's a rite of passage on ePay to get screwed at least ONCE...
lol.gif

Gone are the days of mom 'n' pop selling a few beanies...

Latest posts

Back