• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 22, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man! I think I'll go to bed early tonight!
26573.gif

John G.,
Those are 5 lbs a piece for 30 lbs. Not sure how much benefit they add. I have 5 ten pound weights on each tire. The tires are filled with salt water to about 6.5 gallons at about 12 lbs per gallon or roughly 80 lbs total per tire. This gives me 80x2 + 50x2 or 260 lbs of weights on the wheels. For the winter time I add 4 25 lb weights to the extended hitch. For an extra 100 lbs.

360 lbs total. That one heavy rear end!

On assembling the plow, the share is about 1/8" off of meeting the moldoard on the leading edge.

Is it OK to shim that with a washer placed between the share and the frog?

Rick M. -

See that plow at the bottom of Kraig's post? The one with the INTERNATIONAL on it? You can see it live and in person Saturday if you can hold out til then - might answer a few questions
lol.gif

First of all - many thanks to C Proctor and S Blunier for their assistance with my PTO issue. I assembled it last night and all seems to fit well.

New Issue:
My cub 122 w K301 does nothing but flood when I try to start it (soaked plug and visible gas in the cylinder).
Checked the float settings twice, and have a new needle and seat (could this be bad?).
I had to replace the fuel line and now have 1/4" line coming from the sediment bowl to the carb. Rigged a device to pinch the flow thinking the pressure from the larger than original line was overpowering the needle. No luck. Still floods.

Any ideas?
I am thinking now that maybe I just have a weak spark, but a plug wet with gas leads me to think that even a new plug and points won't fix the issue.

Thanks in advance for your ideas.

Peter S,
A good fast easy way to check your float fuctionality is to put a pan under the tractor, take the bowl off the carb and lift the float up while it's on the tractor to see if it shuts off the gas and to see if the float is level when it does, Don't push to hard as you will bend the tab that pushes up the needle into the seat to shut it off.
And yes it is possible to have a bad needle and seat right out of a new kit, BTDT.
You might also want to make sure that the float does not have a hole in it and partially full of gas, BTDT too!

Thank you for the advice.
I did check and the float is as empty as I sometimes think my head is.
I will re-check the float shut off again tonight.
If I come up empty, what else could this be?
I am very perplexed.

Thanks

Peter,
We could type stuff all day of what it could be.
bubbly.gif

So to get you thinkin real hard, check out FAQ question #6 and do a little light reading today at work.
biggrin.gif

Everyone,
I was re-reading my post to Brian McCool and realized I let my smartbutt sense of humor get the best of me. Charlie is a wealth of information on cubs and I did not intend to imply anything else. So.............

50 lashings for me.
bottom.gif
bottom.gif
bottom.gif
bottom.gif
bottom.gif

To give you another idea of my sense of humor.
On another forum someone said they had a problem getting there new 5th wheel rv into there pole shed. The rv air conditioner was 3" too tall. My response was to rub it in butter and see if it would slide in.

He failed to see my humor.
screwloose.gif

Got a question for Steve B. or anyone who has hyd lift on a cc70 - 123 {Mounting a hyd lift on my 70} when you mounted the hyd lift on your 100 did you have to drill any holes in the fram rails? if so dou you have a template as to where they go. My 127 w/hyd lift isn't at my place now so can't measure them . TIA

(Message edited by rdehli on March 24, 2005)

(Message edited by rdehli on March 24, 2005)

Rob-
<strike>A 127 should have the holes from the factory, I think they started doing this on the xx4/xx5 series.</strike>

Ooops, if you can find a copy of the instructions for mounting the lift, the measurents are given, they're all located from the read engine mounting hole and from the bottom of the frame rail.

Drilled them when I mounted the lift on a 147 frame, BTDT.

(Message edited by wcompton on March 24, 2005)

FINALLY got some weights on the 149! 110lbs/ wheel and was able to move around on my fairly steep drive with no chains and no troubles. Got about 5-6" of heavy wet stuff last night. I might be looking into the popular thrower pulley mod I have been seeing here lately.

26576.jpg

Brian

Rob D,
What did ya do with the instruction/Intstallation manual I sent you on the 9th?

(Message edited by cproctor on March 24, 2005)

Hello This is my first time to post on this site. My question is I have two 1200 cadets one has outside disk brakes and the other has the inside transmission brake. Also my 1450 has the inside transmision brake and have seen disk brakes on a 1450 cadet. I am sure they have the orignial transmissions. Does anyone know why International Harvester had two types of brakes? Which are better?

Brian Jordan -- Wheel wts.

Brian, what a great looking machine. Hope you had as much fun throwing as I did last week. As one who is intensely interested in wheel weights, looking to add some to my 782 this summer in preparation for fall throwing, I'm curious as to your method of adding them. Did you manufacture them yourself? Looks like a single central bolt to hold them on. Can you elaborate on the details?

In general, do you know if all Cubs use the same rims, or are each of the models different?
Thanks. Dale

Dale,
This is what I did on the one arm loader.
I cut a piece of 2" x 1/4" flat steel long enough to cover two of the four unused holes on the rim. I drilled 2 holes in the flat stock for bolts that will fit into the 2 holes. I drilled one 3/4" hole in the middle of the flat stock and welded on a nut. I picked up some 3/4 inch threaded rod. I bolted the flat stock to the rim, treaded the rod into the 3/4" nut and slid on the weights. I spun a nut onto the other end of the rod to lock down the weights. I cut off the excess rod. The last thing I did was I cut some 3/4" PVC pipe and slide it over the 3/4" rod. The hole in the weights is 1".

Is this clear or should I snap a picture?
26584.jpg

Dale - Yeah I had some fun. What I couldn't throw I just pushed with the thrower. As long as it leaves the driveway I'm not particular.

Wheel weights - Terry Busch seem to have a similar system on his 147 pictured further down the thread.

I cobbled these together when I found out that I could no longer buy them. I first saw them about 2 years ago and kept hesitating ordering them. When I finally decided to do it, the guy who sold them online had gone out of business. I don't know if they are identical to what he used to sell but they appear to work for me.

Brian

(under edit) Same as Terry did except I used a 1" threaded rod to hold the extra weight. Found it at Sears believe it or not.

(Message edited by bjordan on March 24, 2005)

Back