• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 22, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gwsmith

displayname
glen smith
lonny....what pressure are you going to be running on this hydro system?1000psi?or more?

groupwave.gif
groupwave.gif
groupwave.gif
groupwave.gif

Glen, the pump I have is rated for 1000psi 6.3 gpm at 3600 rpm and the cylinders are rated at 2500 psi.
I dont even know for sure if the pump will run this system and wont know until I get all the lines ran and hooked up.

<font size="+2">ATTN:

Ebay item # 4367118806 Has FLAT foot pedals!!!!!</font>

Tyler,

Look close at the picture of the transmission.......see the little dimples on the foot rests.....just like ALL of the production Originals, 70's and 100's had.......

Nothing overly prototype or special about that one, just a run-of-the-mill Original.

Why? Aren't the flat foot pedals pretty rare? They are on P. Bell's 409.

Charlie I am a little tired though. I got hired at Menards about a month and a half ago... Dealing with people wears you out. I could pull a double shift on the farm and not be half as wore just from dealing with people for 8 hours. The ones that ask you the dumbest questions that you wouldn't even think of really are what get me going, Like on my first for example some lady approached me and ask- "Where are the pots and pans?"My response was very sincere "We carry pots and pans?????" And before I could say "just kidding, I am on the way to ask my boss" She goes and says "Then why do you have a sticker on your shirt that say "JUST ASK ME ANYTHING!!" Boy, was I upset!! If it wasn't my first day I would have said- "You dumb blonde if you had half a head on you you would see that it is an iron on that I did not put there and cannot remove!!" But luckily I kept my cool.

The reason I was on edge so bad that day was because I had to go to my 1st day of work with the flu. I ended up puking in the center isle before the night was over, boy what a terrible first day.

Tyler,
<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

Dealing with people wears you out<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>
OH I know the feeling!!!!!
bash.gif

Tyler the seat spring is on backwarde also like the one in the 40th aniversery flyer

Tyler "T",
I can hear it comming ove the PA now, "Clean up in isle 7".
eww.gif

Boy... get a day or two behind, and the thread goes from exhaust to hydraulics to vomit...
screwloose.gif

Well... I guess they're all related...

Except for the flat footpedal thing. That's for people with flat feet.

BTW- 'poor-man's stack' is pretty simple- take the stock Kohler muffler off, remove the elbow from the block. Install an 8" section of 1" steel pipe, slide the Kohler muffler over the end, and point the outlet straight up. Clamp it down good. DON'T try this with non-Kohler mufflers, because the muffler inlet weldment isn't up to the task of supporting the rest of the muffler... and of course, engines 12hp and up, and all soft-mounted (QL) engines will shake the muffler loose, so you'll need to make a support bracket. Without the bracket, don't expect the muffler to last a long time, and don't expect cast-iron pipe to last long against the vibration, either- it'll fatigue and crack from heat and vibe... breaking off right inside the block threads.

Heat... ain't good for paint or decals, but if you're plowing Blunier's field, there's enough airflow so that the muff chills to 35F goin' east, and never makes it above 80F goin' west... only gets hot when you're downwind of the little red barn.
clappy.gif

(Message edited by Dkamp on March 23, 2005)

DAVE - You should see the Pic's of Dad's old CC 70 from about 1965..... He used Volkswagen Beetle resonators and electrical conduit to make dual exhausts. I had to take the raincaps off because the little K-161 didn't have enough power to blow both of them open..... Personally, I can't use ANY kind of verticle exh. because I have WAY too many trees to mow under....

Denny -

Funny you say that - I HAVE noticed in increase in bugs and other jetsam that land on me whenever I drive the 169 under a tree...
lol.gif

Kraig,
I just want you to know that the wife is PO'd at me, I've spent the whole morning looking at the PD6 DVD's and ain't got one dang thing done!!!!!!!

Charlie... where are your prioraties anyway ...you know its way more important to watch pd video's and dvd's then ...work on the honey-do list { can't let that list get to small ya know, or she'll think your efficient}

Tom,
I've got it made, she gave up and went to take a nap, grin
Lets do a WHAT'S WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE! Other than the guy ran out of paper when he taped off the front wheels! LOL
26513.jpg

Grill, block, foot rests, lift arm/rockshaft, seat spring and clutch pedal painted white (not even correct IH white) instead of yellow. Looks to be a larger engine with paper element air filter rather than K161 with oil bath, fuel tank is mounted on right side near foot rest

Oh yeah, and the hood has been notched and it has verticle exhaust.

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on March 23, 2005)

Latest posts

Back