• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 21, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don I do not envy you, hows the roof doing?

where you able to get any cubs out of the shop yet?

David S. If I recall your local Theisens Farm and Home Store carries small engine studs and spacers. Look for them in the Specialty Bolt section. While you're looking you can also find spacers for the hydro trunion repair in the same section. Pretty danged reasonable too.

We had a little thunder and lightning this morning and a small amount of freezing rain. Thank goodness.

You guys in the east are still snowed in and we just did our first mow of the year.

Jeff B

I had to have my roof shoveled now three times and it is about 12" up there now again. I will be glad when this white stuff is all gone so I can get back to cubbing.I think Frank C is forwarding me a turbo and I want to get at it`s install. Just to much to do in summer to get it all done.

Another "some guys should not own tools" moment.
My Brother in law's 1450 He picked up last week.

I cut the "C" channel out and will replace it with one from a parts tractor. What a mess!
The pin was clear out of the rear bushing!

295290.jpg

295291.jpg

295292.jpg

David S - "another some guys should not own tools" moment? Ha!!! Some guys should not own tractors. Talk about abusive. There is absolutely no reason for what you're showing. It's terrible. I think about the only way to crack that C-channel like that is bouncing the front of the tractor up and down - just abuse.

Hey, I see Lew got home final from church. Are you all set with the studs you need?

Brian - appreciate your come back. I gave you alot of things to check on the 1250. No secrets except maybe the starter requiring maintenance which doesn't come up often. It could just be your weather too. Good luck with it and let us know if you discover something just not quite right.

Harry, I'm gonna go w/bolts under the tank.
Studs I got are too long and will hit the bottom of the tank.

The correct police will just have to cite me I guess!!

Good Morning, All!!!
happy.gif

David S. Harry and you are correct about some people should never own a tractor. Fancy's 1650 had both front axles bent from the PO. I don't what they hit but whatever it was it ruined one completely. The wheel would hardly turn even when greased and just wobbled. The other isn't quite as bad only it also is sprung.

Off to work. Everyone Be SAFE and have a wonderful day.
295298.gif

David, my 71 had the same problem, but it was from a guy that shouldn't have owned a tractor...

295305.jpg

That washer/retainer had been sheared off and both of the channel sides were bent backwards, I guess it was driven into a hole/curb at full speed. I was able to bend it back into shape and welded a grade-8 washer to replace that front, and used the bolt trick to close the channel back up.

David - I know the correct police and have a good relationship with them. Please don't use bolts for the gas tank mount. The whole idea of the studs is to get the correct torque you need on the head. If you use bolts here they won't respond the same as the studs during heating/cooling etc and you'll likely loose your head gasket prematurely, even if it runs good for awhile.

Back