• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 12, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got most of my <strike>sh</strike> stuff cleared off the patio today since it was sooooo nice and sunny.
26302.jpg

I got this inside to figure out how it works. Hopefully it'll be all ready for my computer room/hideout soon.
26306.jpg

Someone was asking about exhaust stacks. Here's my stainless steel one.

(Message edited by thoffman on March 13, 2005)

Here is a shameless plug for one of Mike "M's" Cat "O" three point hitches.
26312.jpg

Feein' the need for a PD soon!

Anyone have the legenth and size of the long tiller belt for a 100? Perhaps the ih number?
thumbsup.gif

It's a 1923 McCormick-Deering <font size="-2">(That's what it was BEFORE International Harvester)</font> cream separator.

BTW, Thanks to B&B for the new additions to the clipart.
worthy.gif

Lyle B,
I'm not 100% sure on this, since I've never had a tiller on a 100.
IH-549250R1 13/32 X 143 is all I can come up with. Maybe some one that has, will chime in.

David Phelps-
Interesting link...

I'm not an Ag Engineer, either, but his response to #6 is far from complete, so don't assume it's perfect. If you'd like a copy of a paper done by an ag-engineer friend of mine on the subject of agricultural traction, drop me an Email direct, and I'll send 'ya a PDF scan of it.

Tom - I thought it was the bottom half of an oil bath air cleaner ... but what do I know , I take my coffee BLACK !
coffee.gif

Brad L - that sure is some good looking soil you're playin' in ! ;)

Don't know if a set of these would help with heaving sidwalks but I'll post it anyway. It's a photo of modified QA snowthrower skids. The rusty one on the snowthrower housing I did back in 1991, the shiny set I did in 2000 (Actually I had my father-in-law weld them for me). I have a gravel driveway and with the wider skids the snowthrower doesn't sink in as far and I don't throw gravel. With the 1" wide bar stock on the bottom of the skid the lowest I can set the scraper is about 3/4" off the ground which also helps in the gravel. If I wanted it to be able to be set lower I'd have the bar stock welded on at an offset to one side rather then centered.
26318.jpg

Will someone tell me what's under the back shroud on a 14 hp Kohler from the block to the drive shaft? What I'm trying to find out is about bearings, etc. I posted a few days ago about a squealing sound and checked the s/g and pto as suggested but neither of them are the cause. I plan to pull the engine and this advise will help.
Bill

OK, took me a bit to get these measured.

Hitch ID: 3/4"

Cultivator ID: 9/16"

Is this about normal?

Bill-
From the block towards the driveshaft:
Bearing plate, stator (if you have a starter-generator you don't have this), flyhweel, drive coupling, isolator or clutch, then driveshaft.

If you've got a squealing you might check to see if the flywheel's grass screen is rubbing somewhere on the flywheel shroud. Because it's made of perforated steel, it tends to break around the mounting screws and come loose, or sometimes bends/warps and contacts the shroud.

Bill- on an S/G equipped Kohler 14hp, there's a bearing in the crankcase's cover plate (which really never fails), a seal, a fair amount of air, the flywheel, and the flywheel. Between the flywheel and shroud is a perforated metal screen, and the flywheel coupler. The squealing noise might mean YOURS might have a dead mouse, a wasp's nest, a piece of gravel, or a socket missing from Zak's tool-kit in it
drool.gif
. Another thing to check, are the bolts that hold the shroud on- there's a possibility someone may have stuck a long bolt in one, or left a washer out, and the bolt's stickin' through far enough to tag the side of the flywheel... typically it's the bolt just to the right of the carb.

BTW- you can download a PDF of the complete service manual for free at www.kohlerengines.com !

Lyle, if the tiller belt ends up being the same as on a Quiet Line, 1450 in my case, I have been using A-144 belts from Napa. The o.e. belt would probably be better, but it always seemed like the belt would bite the dust on Sunday. The Napa warehouse in Des Moines is open Sunday and actually stocks the A-144. Make sure you have the belt guide that goes in front of the trans under the tractor. I chewed up several belts before I found out that there is supposed to be a guide that stops the belt from flapping around and jumping off the pulleys.

Brian W,
We know it's not the same as a QL, they are 145-1/2" long.
"belt guide that goes in front of the trans under the tractor"
If your belt is tensioned right and you use the right belt, there is no need for the anti vibration bracket. I'm on the same belt I put on 3 years ago and average about 8k ft. a year tilling.

Latest posts

Back