• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 12, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BTW - anyone have the inside diameter of their sleeve hitch?

I'm still baffled on mine.

Rick,

1" for the Cub Cadet casting

5/8" for the actual "sleeve" (IIRC)

...Art and I can joke about it, no biggie.

Tom:
Check this site for the information you are looking for: http://www.tractortips.com/
Later
<font color="808080">{</font><font color="0000ff">:</font><font color="ff6000">-</font><font color="808080">{</font><font color="aa00aa">)</font>

In southeastern Virginia with a 104 & a 1200}}

Hmm, OK. I'm still a bit lost. I shot some pics earlier today. Will post tomorrow.

Can anyone describe in detail the proper method to adjust the skid shoes on a cub cadet snowthrower. I have a 2180 cub with snowthrower and I keep damaging the housing whenever I hit an uneven portion of a sidewalk. Is there anyway to "beef up" the wear bar so it won;t bend
thanks

Paul C,
Get everything on an even flat surface.
Raise the thrower/blower up, get 2 or 3 pieces of 1/4" (or however high you want the cutting edge off the ground)thick pieces of steel/wood/or someone else toes, place those on each end and the middle under the cutting edge,lower the thrower/blower down on them.
Loosen the skid shoes and slide them down on the ground. Tighten them up and your done.

Paul, when the original scraper wore out on my thrower, I used a piece of 1/4" flat steel. Probably overkill but very durable. If you have lots of cracks in your pavement you're just going to have to go slow. Catch the right one and you can find yourself with a built in steering wheel.

Brad,
Thanks for the pics. I haven't seen Bill for quite a while, so I didn't recognize his back in the first one, glad you got the second set posted for Charlie (and me). Who's place were you plowing? Are any or all of you going to Plow Day?
On whoever's tractor that got the powdercoating, does it seem to be holding up against chipping, or has it seen any use yet?

I'm no Ag Engr, but this is interesting.

http://www.ext.colostate.edu/pubs/farmmgt/05005.html

See "Fallacy #7" where a little slippage is a good thing when concerned with weights, chains, etc.
But, better yet is "Fallacy #10", it seems to justify an infinite # of IH Cub Cadets.
bubbly.gif

Dave

Steve "B",

I see you've been discussing your experiences with the 782 engine change. When my KT17 is ready to die on my 682, I'm thinking about putting a brand new Mag18 in as replacement because it's a bit cheaper. I'm good with mechanics but don't know much about electronics. What will I have to change on my 682 to make it work with the Mag18? Wondering if i'll be able to do it.

Dave P,
This is what i keep telling my wife!!!!!!
<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

In the event of a breakdown, a second tractor allows for a back-up.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

Prblem is, that after 25 Cubs, she says how many dang backups do you need!!!!!

(Message edited by cproctor on March 13, 2005)

Just put the 109 back in the shed after pulling a few carts full of tree trunk sections from where I cut them to the back of the firewood rack.
I've noticed people have posted particular methods of choke/throttle position and sequence for cold weather starting. I just wondered how much variance is used depending on the temperature. It was about 20 or 25 in the shed when I started it, and I did end up pulling the spark plug to dry it out, since I managed to flood it by not getting the choke in quick enough after it fired the first time.

I have a Cub Cadet 70 and have 2 questions for all of the gurus here.
1. What if any bigger engines can be put on these tractors?
2. What kind of fluid goes in the rearend trannyfor a 3speed?
thanks in advance for all of your answers .

George "E",
You can put a 12hp. in there without changing anything!

Use IH/Cub Cadet Hy-Tran in the transmission.

Latest posts

Back