• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 11, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bob,there is no zerk,just a threaded hole. Not sure which way it goes,maybe the manual may show its orentation.

The manual doesn't say. When I got my 1000 back the T/O bearing was locked up. It was grinding away against the bushing. The original bushing is about 1/4" shorter than the dimensions you sent me. Unfortunately the chamfer is gone. Both sides were worn but I suspect the chamfer was towards the bearing because it would have seen more wear from the locked up T/O bearing. I'll put it back together that way. I plan on putting it back together today.

Bob E.
On page 2-23 of the Service manual it shows the chamfer edge this way.
302796.jpg

Attachments

• 302796.jpg
    302796.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 95
  • 302796.jpg
    302796.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 96
We all have our weaknesses.
(Signed: Cub Cadet Hydro)
happy.gif

302822.jpg

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 93
  • 302822.jpg
    302822.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 113
  • 302822.jpg
    302822.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 100
Ok Frank C, aka The Mainer Spud Picker - I'll fall for it. What's supposed to be in that picture frame you posted? Or are you saying the trunion on the 123 is the problem it won't move? My money's on it being a pin - either the front solid pin or a roll pin at the coupler.
(and by the way - did you get the 149 back yet?)

Hey H.B. sorry but no part # on the hydro pump belt.
It is what it is.
Frank,keep us posted on your dilemma

Charlie, I was looking for the orientation of the bushing. It is part #5 in the diagram. Lewis sent me a picture on Feb 15.

I got the clutch together today and it is smooooth! I hope I get another 38 years of service out of it.

Now if we could teach Harry (or his camera) how to take a non fuzzy picture!
biggrin.gif

302824.jpg

Attachments

• biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    419 bytes · Views: 93
  • 302824.jpg
    302824.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 100
  • 302824.jpg
    302824.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 95
Charlie,

This is the picture Lew posted:

board-post.pl

You can see a chamfer on the ID. The bushing was chamfered on one side. I was looking for which side goes towards the T/O bearing.

It is a mute point now. I put the clutch back together with the chamfer towards the T/O bearing. The original bushing was about 1/8" shorter than the dimension Lew gave me. The locked up nearing wore down the bushing. I can't imagine the noise the clutch must have made before I got the tractor back.

Latest posts

Back