Archive through March 10, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, oh. I think I just heard Charlie stirring....

So, Ken, how are your on-topic Cub Cadets?

PS - Great example of the importance of spelling!

Ken,

By "death" people, do you mean "dead" or "deaf" people? Neither one can here.

Jerry

You guys really need to go to bed!
roflol.gif

And Grump,
When did you ever not cross the line!

Here it comes.
bash.gif

i know hy trans oil goes in hydrostatic trans, what is used in the manual trans?
186600.jpg

its got the wrong hood on it, the guy i got it from just put the hood on it, its really a 102, made from 1965 to 1967, the serial number plate is missing off rearend, 10 hp, smokes a little when first starts, clears up, the brakes drag but if i back them off they still drag,

peter szollosy jr
The 102 uses hytran or sae 30 weight oil in the trans. You should get a manual and read about your brake sticking . I think I read that the adjuster rod can stick and cause the brake to stay engaged. good luck
thumbsup_old.gif

PeterS: The Serial Number tag on your 102 isn't missing because it was never there!!...At the top of the page there is a link to the FAQ!!..then click on the Charlie's CubFAQ and read #17..

Myron B

Well, Charlie, you did sort of open up the off-topic discussion on spelling.
angel.gif

Back on topic now, well sort of - my buddy uses a parts distributing company called Maple Grove Distributing. He gets catalogs, but from what he tells me, you have to spend a certain amount of money to get one. He gave me his old one, and the discount for spending that amount is pretty amazing. 50% to over 50% on some items. Anyone ever heard of them? I can find their address and phone number, but they don't seem to have a web site.

Ahhhh. So nice to have the GRUMP back stirring the pot here.....

CHARLIE - Can We update the FAQ about the hydro relief valves to add DON T's info about which one is for forward & reverse?

JEFF - There's been many CC's put under loaders with 7, 8, & 10 HP engines, a 12 HP as long as it's running right should run a hydro tractor plus the OEM lift.

TIM D. & Gregory - MMO won't hurt anything but I really doubt it will magically FIX your problem. More information like is the engine only idling for 15 min, or pulling HARD, any unusual noises when it stops, etc. would help US help YOU. Of course the info given already like looking for broken wires, bad grounds, coils, plugs, condensor, switches, etc. is important too. Engines need THREE things to run, well, maybe four. Fuel, Air, Compression, and Spark, and all in the correct amounts and times. An engine that runs O-K then dies has something interferring with ONE of those things.

LUCAS - If there's just a little oil residue, you may be able to just re-torque the head and get it to stop leaking. I did that several times over the course of 1400 operating hours during the 20-21 yrs I ran the K241 in my 72. The engine would "WHISTLE" at me when doing a cold start, then as it warmed up would stop whistling.

Ken, sadly I don't think most Americans are taught to spell anymore, just go with how it sounds and don't care. See Charlie, ole Kentuck can even draw a lurker out of the shadows.

TERRY R. - What kind of "Stuff" does Maple Grove distribute? Sounds like parts & supplies for L&G equipment maybe? I can't imagine a company not having a website of some sort in today's business world but a phone number & address would be nice.

Jerry - See it matters doesn't it. Yep I misspelled it for it's intended meaning. <font size="-2">(But I spelled the word correctly !)</font>

Carl - I married a McBee.

Charlie - You always wanted me back ... deal with it.
destroy.gif

I did get about 3 hours sleep !
biggrin.gif

Dennis Frisk

A 129 makes a great tractor for a loader I think. Mine has lots of power and I have used it for all the small jobs around my yard.
186603.jpg

some day all get the hyd hose all take off and made neater!
old.gif

Nice to see Ken alive! The state must have ran out of fish.
Charlie,,, you made a couple of days without banging your head on the wall, might be a record!

Carl-
I'm going to have to disagree with you about "people being taught to spell anymore". They're being "taught" to spell, but if they don't care it isn't going to stick.

Myron-
I have a 71 at home that has a serial tag attached to the rear (top) of the transmission. It appears that it is the original transmission. Thoughts?....
1a_scratchhead.gif

Nice to see the REAL grumpy Ken back - note both of the Ken's feel the same about the lack of effort from the "texting generation". Most of the browsers provide spell checking, but even that won't supply caps and punctuation......and we have Matt G. to prove that they actually DO still provide those skills in today's educational environment.

Tab hitch on the Yamaha didn't work out, it started leaking oil out of the bottom bolt holes on the fender, must be through holes..thinking about having my neighbor Fedex the 129 to me..

Doesn't look like Hytran either....d..m previous owners!!!
swear.gif

<font size="-2">I've always wanted to use that "smiley"</font>

Jerry B.,

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

The state must have ran out of fish.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

186605.gif

Dennis,
I can't imagine a company in today's market not having a web site either, especially an interactive web site where you can order parts online. Here's the company info.

Maple Grove Distributing

10998 E State Road 18
Galveston, IN 46932
800-356-0331

Latest posts

Back