• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 10, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaytay

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Home of the Plow Special
Ken-
Me thinks you've been talking to Charlie too much....
uhoh.gif

Ken,the wire i used were from a power inverter so they are real heavy,a bit smaller than a #1 wire but i will keep an eye on them.I also used some prety heavy copper terminals.Thanks.Spelling is one of my weak points!!Im one of thoes hydrolic hydrilic hydraulic kind of guys!
bouncy.gif

Jason

Jason - Earlier you spelled it hydralic ... but who's counting
biggrin.gif

I keep getting on Kraig about "then" "than" but he still gets them switched up ... kant teech hem a thang !

Art - I quit talking to Charlie , he doesn't like my CYCLOPS <font size="-2">Boy I left that open to interpretation!</font>

coffee.gif
Mornin' all - just enjoying my first cup of the day and then I have to read about Ken's cyclops. Dang near had to 'dose up' my coffee! Such talk should be
banned1.gif

S'posed to be 44* here today. Sounds mighty nice after the cold we've had this winter, but in a few weeks 44* will have me shivering. Does that mean I'm hard to please?

Looking forward to picking up a new-to-me 1250 at Plow Day, thanks to Charlie's delivery service.
worthy.gif

Good morning, it's the dead of winter here in north Texas. (48 deg.) Real tough.
Question, I'm reassembling the front PTO from my 14 hp CC after overhauling the engine. Does anyone have the dimensions for the adjusting gage shown in fig. 2-94, pg. 2-71 of the service manual? It says that the gage is supplied with the "rebuild kit".

Art,
And I'm glad he has too, My life is a lot easier now. Course my inbox is stuffed all the time with his dribble!
biggrin.gif

Lip,
Wait till ya get the motel bill.
biggrin.gif

James N: 1) Those gauges are indeed supplied with the kits. 2) Since there are two versions of the gauges/kits for different models of the PTO's, the hp of the engine doesn't help. We'll need the Model of your Cub Cadet to know which version to help you with.

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom (over in East TX)

It's a Model 147 Myron. The PTO didn't need a kit. I disassembled, cleaned, checked for wear, and repainted it. Hope this is of some help.

Morning all. I`am looking for a part for the carb that i loaned Jim for his 125.I found this in Jim`s parts box and don`t know what it is, it looks like a bump stop , but where does it go on his tractor. Thanks Don T
80829.jpg

80830.jpg

80831.jpg

Don,
That's a throttle shaft clamp. The screw on top allows you to bolt on another peice to attach a rod to the governer. Take a look at the nasty carb you brought home from Frank's place. You posted a picture of it a few days ago yourself.

Keith; Don needs another one. I swiped the one from that carb he brought back from the USA. Looks like the parts manual says its part of the carb assy. Guess we'll have to get more parts carbs??
ihrotate.gif

Ok folks, I asked the other day about mowing with a farmall cub, versus a cc. I'm driving 2 hours this saturday to look at a 1250. Gonna be mowing 1 1/2 acres with whatever I buy. Am I looking at the right tractor? Any opinions on the 1250. Keep in mind I've mowed with a 104 for the last 5 years.

Tom

Tom R.:
I've never mowed with a 1250 but I have gove from a manual trans (124) to my current tractor, a 147 with a hydro. I won't go back. Too many trees and obstacles of which the hydro makes short work.

James N: You need the gauge from the 759-3489 PTO Kit. You should be using the single bent end tri-spring. Give me an email response if you have anything else. I sent you a scan of that gauge...

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

Tom R: You will love that 1250 b-u-t you must re-do the Iso-Bar mounts to make a "basket". Check the FAQ's for that procedure...

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

James N: I musta drunk too much coffee this a.m.....The PTO clutch for the Cub Cadet 147 requires the 759-3490 kit and uses the gauge therein. Any one who read my earlier post, please degauss your memory bamks...
bash.gif

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

You know! Sometimes it pays to be nosey.
We went up north a little ways yesterday and I stopped by an old Cub Cadet dealer that's been out of business for years to visit a little.
I asked if I could snoop around the shelves, he said why sure!
So after a little while I ran across 2 bags of steering wheel/dash grommets for Originals.
80837.jpg

Hello All, my name is Chris and well I dont own one yet, but I do work on my grandfathers 100 cub all the time to get it working. I figure I would stop and say hi, oh and I am wanting to buy another cub, but i would like one to plow with and run a tiller, can you all suggest a model to look for?
Thanks,
Chris

Back