• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 09, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeff, good luck with the new cub pilot!Even better luck with the Navy hospital. Have a kid from there.

Art, that's where I saw the schedule 80 PVC air line!!!! I couldn't recall where I'd seen it.

Charlie, darn memory... ;o)

Art, if I recall correctly your father has a BIG 7+hp compressor too.

We run plastic too. I'd rather deal with moisture than rust.

I though I bought the cab
lol.gif

Even the PVC manufacturers say NOT to use PVC for compressed air. When it cracks or is struck with something it explodes and throws shrapnel all over. There is a new specially formulated plastic air tubing that is colored green that is much less brittle... and Just like green Equip. It takes a LOT of green to buy & install, about 3 times the $$$$ of copper tubing, but now that the copper, and steel, and stainless steel prices have gone up about 50% in the last 2-3 months.... Wyatt's idea of his black iron pipe, 60 ft for $5 sounds REAL good. I-R had a compressed air system at Home Depot a couple years ago when I was Compressor shopping, Used ASME Certified Aluminum tubing and SWAGE-LOC fittings... Really Cool stuff but Unbelievably expensive! I'm still tripping over two 25 ft X 3/8" hoses coming out of My 7-1/2 HP/80 Gal. Porter Cable compressor.

To quote the Holy Keeper of Hy-Tran, STFW about standard PVC for air.
happy.gif

<font size="-2">just for you Bryan!</font>

Denny- It comes in Blue, Red, Yellow, Green & Grey now...about 15 cents a foot one place I found.

Poor Art, anyone else thought they bought it?
happy.gif

Just to throw my 2 cents on the air line thing, years ago when I installed lines all over the country, the higher up designers always said that copper was the way to go as it dissipated heat generated by the compressors and dryers quicker. I know all the bigger body shops used to use copper, dunno anymore, that was 10 years ago.

Kraig,

We use copper here at work, the stuff is great. Just like running water line. I plan on doing the same at home. We have 1" drops with 3/4" runs and 1/2" point of use. I think the 3/4" main would be fine for home use. What every one is saying about the plumbing aspect is right on. Go up as high as you can then make your drops from the top. Install drains where ever you can. One thing I would like to add is, put valves on every drop and on every termination.

Just to clear up things the mains here at work are 6 inch welded steel pipe.
happy.gif
The copper is used as drops.

(Message edited by till on March 11, 2004)

With my wimpy 10'x18' shed it wouldn't take much to plumb it. If/when I plumb it I think I'll go for the copper tubing. I like working with solder. :eek:)

Thanks for all the input.

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on March 11, 2004)

For what it's worth...

The fastest passenger-rail vehicles in operation in the USA use thick-wall copper, and run at 150psi. Same railroad used to require stainless, but found that copper survived just fine under vehicle flex and vibration, while being much less expensive to repair. Here's three pictures of said vehicle's machinery-room
16726.jpg

16727.jpg

16728.jpg

i guess i'll chime in on the pipe deal... if you want plastic, try this neat stuff called airbrake hose (synflex) that tractor/trailers use.. it has a 2500 psi SWP and is DOT approved. the connections are sleeved compression, and comes in decorator colors... the lab where i work uses it for air, water, diesel, gas, refrigerant, hot engine oil and i'll bet we've even run coffee through it.... we've used it on the products we've built for at least 2 decades..

http://www.parker.com/brassprod/abh_eb.htm
http://www.parker.com/PARFLEX/4660%20SINGLE%20PDF/AIRBRAKE%20TUBING.PDF

my shop is 3/4" black iron, w/ risers and drip legs.. i dry and filter at the point of use..

of course, YMMV, my $0.02, and FWIW...

Finally got around to painting my K321 today, the easy way

Simple, Avery decal paper, copied gaskets, cut them out, apply & paint!
16731.jpg

16732.jpg

16733.jpg

16734.jpg

OK, I have been asked about Foxtrot's drive line. As you will see in the attached poorly scaled drawing, Foxtrot will be a four wheel drive of sorts. The name Foxtrot is derived from six wheels. The sixth letter in the alphabet being F and "Foxtrot" being the phonetic for F.

Sorry that it is not something more earth shaking.

16736.jpg

<font size="-2">Wyatt, that is cheating!!</font>
wink.gif

I don't post much but read everyday and I must say Wyatt that's pretty darn slick!! I will have to do that on my next one.

Wyatt, that's what I thought you were talking about!!!! Gasket set sure looks familiar
lol.gif

i have to agree with scott tanner, air brake plastic tubing would work great! it's pretty
cheap too.if you want to add something along the line just cut and splice, easy.
you could also just use the -push to connect-
type fittings. they cost more but work great.

On the air hose bit, guess I was lazy. I put plastic pipe along side ceiling molding, then pushed the air hose thru it. Working end hangs down for any drainage. This is mainly to keep hose out of the way and available. Some great ideas here on the various methods.

lost the clutch tonight in my original , are the directions for narrow frame in FAQ correct for an Original? I assume I need to replace some kind of clutch disk . Both of my tractors are down now and I still need to move some dirt to level the yard . way to old for a shovel and the wife just looks at me funny when I tell her it your turn

Latest posts

Back