• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 09, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK,I must be DUMB---WFM? FWIW-for what it's worth?NOS---new off shelf??? Hell I don't know!!! I'm computer Ignorant!!! Can someone explane???? I'm just a simple man- Where's Kentucky Ken!!! Ken Weaver, Man HE had some great post's!!!!!What about Hydro Harry??You know Elder Harry aka Hydro Harry??Jim Steele?? Where are you Bob Necker!!!!

Steven:
WFM = Weekend Freedom Machines. JD GT website
NOS = New Old Stock.

Other news:
Spent last weekend as a bachelor and torn down some Cubs just so I can have some frames like Tedd and Travis.

I'm a bachelor this weekend, too, so other than traveling to Ryan's Friday to pick up a 1200, I'll be in the shop working on Cub frames.

Hey Steven- I think I've taken over for Hydro-Harry by default.... But just-so-ya-know;

FYI- Fool- You're Ignorant!
WFM- We Fry MTDs
NOS- Nitrous Oxide System
DIY- Durn Iowegian Yokel
FWIW- Fought with infallible Wife
PCMCIA- Programmers Can't Memorize Crazy Industry Acronyms

Hey Everybody! Did work on Loader-Mutt tonight... lots of quality bucket-time- think I'm gonna need a new bucket. No pictures to show- tonight's handywork was NOT of any sort of displayable quality, as it all revolved around mocking-up linkages for my treadle-operated ratio control, the hydraulic damper, centering spring, locking linkage, and turning-brakes. I THINK I've got it right, but need to do a little more, then bolt the 301 down, hang a gas-tank and muffler on, fill the transaxle, and fire it up for a treadle-test. I'll tweak it 'till it checks out to my liking, I'll shut it all down, disassemble all the pieces, and make nice ones. Of course, I'll take plenty of photos, and probably make drawings of all the 'customized' components, just in case anyone wants to DIY...

Geez, Keith- you keep strange hours!

Ann's studying this weekend- mebbie Nick and I'll swing by to inspect your progress...

Steven L.

Where's Kentucky Ken? --- He's layin low tryin to dodge Kathy's right hooks.

What about Hydro Harry? -- He comes and goes like the wind, but he's still here.

Jim Steele? Ain't even gonna go there!

Where are you Bob Necker!!!!-- Oh he's here, just post somethin that ain't supposed to be on this page!

Art- What are you doing with pics of MY cab that is in Dubuque, IA! (Keith, Dave, Wyatt)

Bill G.- What Kraig said, 1711, same as a 782, but was only yellow & white, made by Cub Cadet Corporation for the lawn & garden only dealers.

Charlie- Thanks for the update!

Wyatt- I have a bunch of pipe in my shop for just that purpose. I am going to work on it until Keith shows up tomorrow...got a sandblaster, so I figured I need to let the hoses go!

Ryan-
<font size="+2">YOUR</font> cab?
confused.gif

Uhhhh . . . . . Ryan, Buddy . . .
I'm headed to Dubuque in about an hour with the pickup. It'd be no problem for me to let you know it fits on a 169
happy.gif

Cars not getting attention and odd acronyms:
16721.jpg

<font size="+2">WTF?</font> live picture

I suppose we're due still for snow unitl the middle of next month still. I just about put the snowthrower and 54" blade away. Maybe I'll still need it.

note the 182 sitting out by the car, something ELSE I still havent got to yet.

(Message edited by wcompton on March 11, 2004)

Art, when you wrote: "Ya wanna tell that to this guy?" I thought that the cab you inquired about fitting onto a 149 would be for your father to use and that he was in the photo trying out your 1872. I didn't realize you refer to yourself in the second person. Or is that third person? Feel free to leave your 1872 at my place then when we get our next snowstorm you can come up and we can try the 125 and 1872 out side by side. BTW, I'd be willing to bet that if you hit the roof window on my house I'd have to hit you with a 2x4 or some other handy club like object. :eek:)

Kent S., sweet!

Dave K2, ditto!

Lonny, I'll be praying for you!

Jeff R., I'll be praying for you and your wife, best wishes on a quick trouble free delivery!

Wyatt, Ryan, anyone, what's the best pipe for plumbing for compressed air? Galvanized, black, copper, schedule 80 PVC other? What are some pros and cons of each?

Kraig-
I'm using plain black pipe. It's cheap, plus I got six 10' lengths at a farm auction over the weekend for $5, my father in law threw in a bucket of fittings. It can rust on the inside but quite a few places I've got a "T" and a petcock to drain off water. Small inline filters are cheap too. Every spot I've got an outlet in the garage I'm putting in a drop-down below the workbench and run out to the edge of the bench with a "T" and two 45 degree elbows. I'd have run the outlets over the bench but as much stuff as I get going I'd be dragging a coiled hose across the bench all the time.

Art- My cab...I just bought it for a project.
happy.gif

16723.jpg

Wyatt, Dave & Keith - I will email you.

Kraig- Black pipe all the way, the metal pipe cools the air from the compressor and helps to separate the water from it. (still need filters for tools & sandblaster)

Galvanzied coating can flake off and cause problems in the pipe.

PVC is subject to leaks at joints & breaks from impact, and it doesn't help to separate water from air.

Wyatt, thanks for the input. My neighbor used copper tubing to plumb his shop. He also put in drains at every drop point to drain any moisture. Last summer he bought a drier for his air system so his sand blaster, hopefully, would work better in humid weather. It ended up getting backordered so he didn't get a chance to install it before winter. He said I can use his sandblaster when I get around to working on the Cubs. :eek:)

To elaborate on the air supply, for my 32x40 shop, I have my compressor in center of the 32' wall at the back. I am running my pipe @10' in air on wall. This way, I will actually help some of the water separate right as it climbs to the main supply (drain at bottom). 2 runs of 1/2" around each side of shop.

Where the drops for supply points are, I actually go up 8" from main supply, then come back down 8' with 'T' for supply and drain straight down. This again helps reduce the amount of water sent to tools/etc. Add inline filters, oilers, regulators at whatever supply you choose.

Ryan, your shop air description sounds similar to the setup my neighbor went with, except for the copper tubing. His horizontal runs are up about 8' or 10'. He has a BIG 7.5hp (I think) Ingersoll-Rand compressor, I can hear it start up from my yard!

Steve B, I figured out the valve I asked about (I think). I removed the fitting on the side and it's in the same chamber as the return line. I doubt it's to feed PS since it is the return line (unless green tractors work that way).

Kraig-
You've seen my dads shop. He runs grey plastic and hasn't had an issue with it. Black pipe may "grab" more moisture, but moisture = rust. Nice thing about plastic is that it doesn't rust and start to run flakes into your equipment.

Main run goes up into the rafters to a 90deg corner that's about 1ft higher than the rafters. As it makes its run across the shop, it angles downward to allow moisture to "flow" to the outlets. The outlets are set up like Ryan describes with the actual air outlet about 8in higher than the end of the pipe. There's a shutoff valve down on the ends which allows moisture to be drained out.

Ryan-
<font size="+2">OOOh-KAAAYYY....</font> So I guess I didn't buy it like I originally thought?
uhoh.gif

Back