• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 09, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Soooo Art, why do you need a cab? It doesn't snow where you are.

Jerry B., the later Danco loaders had a hydraulic dump for the bucket. It shouldn't be too hard to convert your RD300 to a hydraulic dump, might be almost as easy as fixing the broken part.

16693.jpg

16694.jpg

Started plumbing the shop for air since I've got a little more spare time again (last design/engineering contract ended). My father in law, plumbing/heating/electrician, loaned me a setup he used to use for working pipe, he has a better setup now so I got use of this.

It works very well considering its simplicity. It sets right down in the latches on a full-sized pickup tailgate, has a Rigid chain vise attached.

Much nicer than manhandling around 10' lengths of pipe in a vise in the shop!
16698.jpg

16699.jpg

16700.jpg

Art, remember that comment I made a few weeks ago about a single stage snowthrower vs. a two stage snowblower? I stand by it! :eek:)
16702.jpg

16703.jpg

Kraig-
You need to come over to my place sometime when it snows and see this #450 snowblower in action. I don't mean to tell tall cub tales, but I know these pictures don't do it justice. Under the right conditions, this thing will blow snow over my house.

To put it into perspective, I'd be willing to bet that I could hit this skylight on your house.
16705.jpg

Now I know that your 125 is the pinacle of cub development and all, but I think we need to figure out a way to get these two things side-by-side in a winner-drinks-other-guy's-beer type of contest.

BTW...No, Einstein...it's not my dad. That cab is just really small!
angry.gif
lazerburn.gif
bash.gif

(Message edited by aaytay on March 10, 2004)

sounds like we all need a "Blow-N-Throw" day V1.0 at the wally world parking lot of your choice... we could have distance, height, accuracy, uh, biggest foreign object ingestion, who can clear the most on a pint of fuel (gas and diesel categories, of course), drift cutting, and a raqce on who can backup in there 'snow furrow' the fastest without knocking the snow off the sides...

(now i'm babbling...)
biggrin.gif

Kraig & Art.
Here's a better pic of the red & white '61. Another project that I'll never seem to finish.
16709.jpg

Have to agree with Art (am I really saying that out loud?)that 2 stages are better than one. I have owned both and the 2 stage will easily put snow over the roof.

I don't know what you could call the snow play day. "Blow off"? "Throw & Blow"? "Flake Out Festival"? I bet Dunham has some better adjectives for this than I do. He was an english study in school....at least on the days he wasn't suspended.....

I will be out of action for the next couple weeks or so, for I am undergoing a couple surgrical procedures where I have to be put under, first one is thid friday and next will ne next week tuesday. I know of the risk of being put under anisteasia( or how ever it is spelled )so just in case I dont make it I want to say it has been fun working on these old IH cub's and playing with the new MTD cubs.
Digger, if you dont here from me befor spring break, well I guess you will have to find a good home for the 122.
John Lang, well if I don't make it,I know you will find a good home for the planter.

I dont exspect anything to go wrong but one never knows.
I will let you all know how the surgerys turn out as soon as I am able to return to work, only place I have net access and e-mail.

Hey fella's! I've been out of the loop for a while but I'm wondering is there going to be a spring plowday this year? It has typically been in northern Indiana somewhere and I've been to a couple of them. I'm interested to know if that is happening or not? If so is there some place I just didn't think to check on the website?

Dan, got any ground to plow??? I sure hate to see this thing not happen. Does ANYBODY have some ground? Anywhere?

I could add my 78 Pace Car picture to the Vette line up. Would be ok since it is sunggled in between several cubs in a garage down the street. At least I think it is. Have not driven it in almost two years. Have not looked in on it for about 6 months. It is No. 1495.

What is the size of the rings in a K321 engine?
Are they 3/32"-5/64"-5/16"?

Haven't pulled the piston out of the mystery engine yet so I cannot measure the rings. The other K series are 3/32"-3/32"-5/16".

I know that this is off topic, but tomorrow is the BIG day. We are heading out early to go to the hospitol for the delivery of our 4th daughter. See you all later.

Lonny,my mother and father have had many a surgery's!! They came through fine!!! I don't know your extent of surgery, but I, and I'm sure I can speak for everyone here, wish you and your's the BEST!!!

Lonny, hey did I mention I'm 40 years old, so my Mom-n-Dad are so old,well Dad was borne in 1919, so we have come a long way!!!!Email me-we can chat.

(Message edited by sleggett on March 10, 2004)

Back