• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 05, 2018

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hydro, here's your first post (phone number edited out):

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

Harry Bursell - 11:29pm May 8, 1998 EST (#234 of 800)

Bob just got through all the posted messages. Didn't realize you were close to CT. What did you pick up in NH? If you get this in time and want to go a few hours out of your way I'm just off I-84 between Waterbury and Danbury CT. I've got a 124, 169 and 86 under my deck, all basket cases. Hope to get to them sometime. I use a 1450 all the time. I've restored a 122, 124, 126 and 129. Sold them after I finished each as they almost broke me to complete. Generally cost $400-500 for a decent machine but the parts can kill. Muffler at $20, tires at $40 or better, engine rebuild $300, thro-out bearing $26. By the time you're done its $1500 but what beautiful machines especially in the right colors. Although original paint in this area is $20 qt and $9 for a rattle can. Someone earlier mentioned prices half of these. Wish I new where that was. Also came across some NOS parts from a dealer that closed. Don't know what some of them are but many have IH part no.s. Also just finished going over an 1872 Super I'm trying to sell now. Has 740 hours and 60in deck. Wondered if anyone was familiar with this deck (model 190-374-100) as it is quite square cut and welded rather than the usual stamped steel type on most decks. What I wondered was if this was an old style IH original deck that MTD reused?? Weighs a ton. Thought it may have been originally from a Cub Low Boy or something else. The reason I ask is that when I bought new belts, the deck belt still uses and is marked with an IH part no. while the power take-off is marked CCC. Anyone know? Anyway Bob, e-mail me at IHCUBCADET at aol.com, or call me at XXX-XXX-XXXX I'll be home Sat. and Sun. Anyone else can call if you like to chat about cubs, need a part.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

This is the earliest post I can find for Paul:

By Paul Bell (Pbell) on Monday, February 8, 1999 - 01:37 pm:

Terry
I have an Approved Allied Equipment catalog from CCC (form # 772-3379-R-2)that shows a Sims, Cab-Sims steel with nylon reinforced vinyl side & rear curtins, glass windshield & electric wiper for models 482 thru 982, 1210 to 1914. Also all steel Cab-Sims for model 982, 984, 986, 1912, & 1914. Shows Cozy Cab to fit 482 to 784, 1210 to 1712. List specs for metal ones. Hope this helps.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

Happy Anniversary Charlie, Kraig, and everyone!!!
groupwave.gif

Thanks Charlie, for being a super host of this site, and also being a tremendous help when we need you from time to time.
greenthumb.gif

Thank you Kraig, for giving us pics, information, and even old IH advertising every time we need/want it.
ihrotate.gif

Thanks everyone, for posting on this site so we can all learn a little more each year.
thumbsup_old.gif

I have thoroughly enjoyed my membership the past nine years, and appreciate all the info you guys have given.

Eighteen Cub Cadets and nine years ago, I had just been introduced to these fine garden tractors.
Glad I did!!!
wave.gif

Wayne, all, for a glimpse at what the forum was like back in the early days of the Voyager Forum (pre Discus software which is the current forum software) have a look at the Voyager Forum Archive When this archive was saved there were already some posts missing. Not sure if there was a second forum area where the post counts were also added in, I don't recall (Hydro, hows your memory on this??
1a_scratchhead.gif
) or perhaps Bob just deleted them.
dunno.gif
I think I'm the one that saved the Voyager Archive, or at least I'm someone that saved them, there could have been others. In any case, back then the forum members were asking a lot of questions trying to piece together all sorts of info on Cub Cadets and IH. Not just questions on how to fix stuff. We didn't have all the Manuals and Brochures available. Thanks to a group effort we were able to assemble quite a nice library of digital documentation. I spent hours scanning in stuff that other members would mail to me. Craig Carney and Steve Blunier have quite the personal libraries of Cub Cadet and IH stuff as do others, but those two really got things off to a great start. BIG thanks to them and all for generously sharing their printed documentation and making me look good as the Keeper of the Photos.
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
The Correct Police were in full swing back then but not to nit-pick peoples restored Cub Cadets, but more as a fact finding force.

Edit (actually a bunch of edits to clean up a rambling post): Sorry for the rambling, I got carried away.
blush.gif

Congrats to the Forum for the 20 years! It used to be the Bob and Bob show, then Bryan and Bob, Now Kraig and Charlie hold the reins. Always a top notch crew and doing their best to ensure the knowledge is preserved and passed on. And thanks to all the members for sharing experiences and knowledge.

All but the biggest piles of snow I pushed up a month ago into shady locations have melted, but about dark it started snowing on the east side of Madison, supposed to have 4-6 inches by morning. Ground was practically bare for the 4th time this winter. I'm about ready for spring.

Lots of good memories of the forum. I joined up spring of 2000. Bryan invited me up to Dan's for his kinda surprise birthday party for Dan. Was Bryan, Me, and Jim Steele. We had another get together a year or so later, I think just Dan, Bryan, and me, Dan did a welding job on Bryan's mower deck and we raced slotcars! Then there were the plow days. I used PD#1 as an excuse to buy my first pair of Firestone 23 degree lugged tires. Made it to three at Blunier's, and two at Travis's.

These little yellow & white or red tractors have been the catylist of several friendships I'll have forever! That's the neatest thing this forum has done.

Two more names just came to mind that provided me with a bunch of literature to scan, Rich Patton and Robb Kruger. Robb didn't have much Cub Cadet stuff being a John Deere guy, but he had stacks of Brinly documentation. Rich sent several sizable stacks of Cub Cadet documents over a couple of months.

Denny, I found what I think is your first post:

By Dennis Frisk on Wednesday, May 10, 2000 - 03:53 pm:

I saw a post here for a $1200 Cub Cadet in 1964 Dollars. I wonder how many attachments he got with his? A NEW model #70 and 38" deck was less than $800 in 1965. The Cubs may not have been the best tractor of it's time when comparing features, but the early IHC ones were "Fix-able" You didn't have to have the factory parts to keep them running. You could weld parts up that wore out. Most of them got abused terribly. I would say one fourth of them got shut off about 2 seconds after cutting the last blade of grass in the fall and spent the winter right where they coasted to a stop. That's why the tractors we are looking for are all rusty, faded, and have the seat covers cracked to pieces. There is a market out there for a durable fixable tractor like that. I think the price could be competitive with the Junk brands if enough middlemen were cut out of the transaction. I think a CC 100 for $3000 and a CC 123 for $3500 would sell and be profitable.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

Wow, here I thought I would take a look at the site tonight since a little bird blew in my ear the other day reminding me of the 20th anniversary and there is my mug, yikes. 20 years, man, where did they go? I remember trying to find someone at our corporate office to scan a photograph of the crawler so we could email it to Bob for all to see. Technology has certainly changed! Now I am retired, spending all of my time in the shop, enjoying life and getting all of the projects done that I was wondering if I ever would. Happy anniversary guys and keep up the good work! That picture was taken in 2001, my 40th birthday. Also, the slot car track is always ready to go if anyone is ever in the area!

Back