• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 05, 2017

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jason M., good to hear that you have it up and running!
thumbsup.gif
Thanks for the update.
happy.gif

Attachments

• thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 116
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 129
Earl F. I may have a 100 blank panel on my frame pile with a oouple of small holes drilled already. You can have that so you would mount both lights without ruining your good panel. I still haven't checked the shed for tires but I'm pretty sure that I have two 23x8.50x12 tires for your 105. Just need to take them off the rims.

To help eliminate grill vibration take some neoprene gasket material and place that between the frame and the cast iron grill. Make two holes for the bolts. It helps immensely.
happy.gif

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 125
Steve B., that's a big 10-4 on the 169 and vibrations. Almost painful on the butt isn't an overstatement!

Mike F - did you finish the beast so it starts easily and runs good now. Didn't you put a David Kirk balance kit in it. I did in mine but haven't run it yet. I'm expecting it to be better than it was, but honestly it wasn't really bad with the original balance gears.

Oh that's a nice offer Marlin! I'm going to have to try the neoprene trick. I need to go borrow some tires off the 1450 roller. I think it's got good tires, maybe. I got a set of fronts waiting, just need to go switch them out. Dad and I have been spraying the wheels and such with penetrating oil for months now, so I hope they come off OK.
Jason M. Good to hear on your 124!
Waiting on this crazy winter to turn to spring, either going to get 5 inches of snow or nothing this Sat. Hoping for none.

Jason M. Congratulations on getting the engine done. Would you have some pictures that you could post?

R. Keon. You'll have a treasure chest of knowledge with Myron Bounds.

Earl F. Give those parts soaking with the rust remover a gentle tap with a hammer every few days and then respray. I did that years ago on a stubborn gear that wouldn't come off the shaft on a Starline manure spreader. Even with a pulley puller on tight and the only heat was a propane torch the critter wasn't budging. I started tapping at least once a day on the sprocket firmly but not beating on it. Respray and see if I could get the puller to help. After a couple of days.... BAMM.... the critter finally came loose.It actually made a loud snap sound and the puller went flying. Also, put a couple of strips of the neoprene between the fenders and frame. The same type of neoprene used as a replacement for the hydro cork gasket. It does remove a lot of vibration. I've even place a strip between the hinge and grille housing on the 1650s. The 125 gets the same treatment this summer when I finally have a chance to do some much needed maintenance on the little fella.

Fancy's awaiting his daily "Bunny check ride" before I go to work. It's been a daily morning routine for over a year now.

Does anyone have a picture or dimensions of the 2ea. 711-3001 bushings that connect the drive shaft to the booster fan on a model 303447 B&S Vangaurd. They are no longer available and I will need to fabricate a pair.

Nick J.
Since the guys over on OCC have invested almost 30 post on your dilemma, I think it's best to let them handle this one for ya, since they have invested so much time in it.

Latest posts

Back