• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 03, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dtanner

displayname
Donald Tanner
I`am getting ready for the trip in the Am (5 am lol) to bring home number 11 Cub Cadet. That must bring a smile to Charlie ( more parts orders). I dug out my Cub hauler and now its in the shop to get the ice and snow off. I rely don`t need to haul that around. I bet that snow and ice is heavy .7" deep over 14' should be some weight. Later Don T

222048.jpg

The bowl retaining bolt broke off when I removed it from my carburetor. This thing is in hard shape, not sure how well berry's carb cleaner works but I will give it a try.As for the busted
bolt I will cross my fingers.
1a_scratchhead.gif

Donald-

Why don't you hook up the trailer and use your loader to get that snow/ice off? That would make for some exciting cubbing. Aren't things going to get a little moist in that garage?

Just curious. And have a safe trip....with pics.

Don T
Getting ready to pick up another Cub on a Friday morning
thumbsup.gif
, have a safe trip and don't forget to have an extra cub of coffee
coffee.gif
if your leaving that early. So that's the secret to the wife letting you get another one...leave before she gets up
rant.gif

let me try to jump start the forum

Today I recieved a OEM piston and ring set for my k301, I only had time to slide in the piston and finger tighten the rod cap nuts.

I did take a few pics but I have trouble shrinking them and now I am at work so maybe tomorrow.

When I am finished it will be dropped into a 149 which will be a 129 with hydraulic lift. It will be come a mower with a 50 inch deck

bash.gif
"Somebody help me". I have an electrial problem that has just about beat me down. I'm rebuilding a 108 and installed a used wireing harness. The wireing harness looked to be in good condition and I carefully inspected it before I installed it. The battery is good and the cables are clean and well attached. All conections to the voltage regulator, solenoid, charge meter, switch, and starter have been cleaned and well attached. I have changed out all switches and volt.reg. off a good running 149. When I turn the key, nothing. I've jumped across solenoid and the starter spins just fine. The switches and volt. reg are not attached to the tractor, just hanging over the side of the frame. What am I overlooking.

TG Willie,
You may want to check your pto safety switch,Just a week ago when I got my 128 it would not turn over.
When I pulled back further on the PTO handle it turned over,readjusted the switch to make it closer to the lever and all is well.
Don T you might as well throw some warm ones on there to make them cold...

Lewis, I've put jumper wires on both safety switches, no luck.

How are the contacts on your Ignition switch?Did you test your switch?

I tried four different switches, two five post, one four post, and the last one, a three post off my good running 149.
bash.gif

Okay...
Did check your starter solenoid?
Sometimes a bad amp gauge will give you the same symptoms.
Either way it turned over by jumping the starter solenoid so I suggest check all your wiring for shorts,wait a minute it is too cold for shorts!!

T.G. From your symptoms I would bet that it is the solenoid. Tap solenoid lightly with hammer a few times, give it an attitude adjustment and see if that changes it.

Not down here in Texas. 81 today and nights are mild and nice. Just that time of year.
dizzy.gif

Jeff Baker, you're doing exactly what I did. I had a 129, put hydraulics in it, and then a 14HP engine K321 which needed a new piston. Must be a parallel universe. Do you own a Honda motorcycle, Polaris snowmobile and a Chevy Silverado too?

Brian J, yes to the silverado, no to the others but son has a kawasaki kx125.

I see you have a shredder is it the 59m and how well does it work on the 149 or 129

I hope to have the engine in by next week, I am only doing piston and rings as money is short and I did not see much more needed.

About a year ago I asked if the lift cylinder would lift a tiller and snow blade at the same time. Well I tested it and No it would not. Curiousity got to me...

Mike LaMar

Well the wife can`t say much about another Cub. last week we bought a front load washer and dryer and a new electric stove (glass top) with a convection oven and steam clean (
1a_scratchhead.gif
) whatever that is. I know this Cub has a hydro problem and I will be taking the hydro apart to see whats up. I think from my questions that the charge pump is not working.The trailer melted off in a few hrs and is now much lighter . I`am all set with straps to keep the Cub in place for the ride home here. I`am a little curious to see what kind of paint job he did to the tractor
clappy.gif
. I got an email today about a Cub that I saw a few months ago ( 125 with the hyd pump). Seems no one bit on his asking price lol. I`am going to let him stew a few days till I answer him this time lol. I might catch up with Lewis P if this 125 comes down on the price. I do want to find a gear drive 16 hp yet and might build one if one soon don`t come along. Later Don T
thumbsup_old.gif

For T. G. Wilie (Twilie) from Wanted To Buy area !

"Somebody help me". I have an electrical problem that has just about beat me down. I'm rebuilding a 108 and installed a used wiring harness. The wiring harness looked to be in good condition and I carefully inspected it before I installed it. The battery is good and the cables are clean and well attached. All connections to the voltage regulator, solenoid, charge meter, switch, and starter have been cleaned and well attached. I have changed out all switches and volt.reg. off a good running 149. When I turn the key, nothing. I've jumped across solenoid and the starter spins just fine. The switches and volt. reg are not attached to the tractor, just hanging over the side of the frame. What am I overlooking.

This will get you some answers here
thumbsup_old.gif

Charlie, mine lifts tiller,snow thrower and blade by them selves but not two items at once. Do you think or know that it should be strong enough to lift the blade and tiller at the same time?? Not that i need to but was wondering

Tim, that got it!!!!! That solenoid was on a tractor that started just fine three days ago. Thanks Lewis and thanks Tim. I wish I'd done this yesterday.

Latest posts

Back