Archive through March 03, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Greg:
Doesn't EVERYONE have a stove stored for future shop use??? (gonna build that powdercoat oven one o' these days
whistling.gif
)

186286.jpg

186287.jpg

And as we discussed a long time ago, it's not clutter, it's "possibilities"..
Charlie:
It probably also flew under the radar...(or just missed the left ear).
clappy.gif

John-
Check your email. There's a big bundle of pictures there for ya.
happy.gif

Lip-
I thought you told me the <font color="ff0000">"Stairway to Heaven"</font> was behind that cedar door???
guitarist.gif
buttrock.gif
icon_jam.gif

<font color="0000ff"><font size="-1">There'a a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold...
icon_jam.gif
</font></font>

<font color="000000">Coincidentally, I was playing the intro to that song about an hour ago. Of course, as guitar playing goes, I'm not slow & I'm not fast; (you got it) I'm halfast. I know, I should heed the sign in "Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure" (No Playing Stairway to Heaven!")</font>

i dont know if ive shown this one yet, its my restored 1966 123 and unrestored condition Haban Sickle-Mow. i finally dug it out to try and get it running again, all i need is a better battery and mabey a different starter-gen. the one on it is kind of ify on condition because it was never really tested. it doesnt turn the engine over very fast, but i have extras. gotta love having 2 parts tractors lol

186295.jpg

186296.jpg

186297.jpg

186298.jpg

186299.jpg

<font size="-2">please excuse the craftsman lt-4000, i have sinned by getting a different brand lol
186300.jpg
</font>

Kendell - I really appreciate those stove photos; I showed them to my bride to help her understand that I'm perfectly normal. Sadly, instead she now has doubts about you, too! Although she's pleased that mine is on the ground floor - she has a better chance of getting rid of it while I'm not looking... It's my own fault for sharing her garage instead of building my own. She located the 147 I bought last Summer, so there's hope that she realizes I need more space for "our" treasures!

First question
I am starting a new topic, Is this is proper way ?
It appears I have a ported transmision, Can I cap off those ports?
And it appears that there has been a heated discussion on HyTran. IS this only available at CIH dealer ? There is not a CIH dealer near by.
I looked at sponsor links and did not see oil.

To the person with the ported transmission question. I recently restored a 169 with ported transmission and it had plugs in the ports. As you may or may not know when the 169's were made IH was short hydraulic valves so some of them came without hydraulics but they all had ported transmissions and they just put plugs in them.

KENDELL - Those elec. ovens work better for curing powder coat when they're sitting upright. Take up less floor space too. One word of advice however, speaking from experience, normal kitchen ovens are TOO SMALL. They work fine for small parts like engine tins, but CC frames, hoods, wheels are WAY too big!

ART - Is that your 70? Looks nice, with the timed deck which even has the VERY rare discharge chute hoop-thingy. Looks like the mulching plate is installed too! And I agree 100% about SUMMER.

Not to get too far off topic but since Kendell brought up the "Mighty Mackinac Bridge", The Mich. IH Collector's Club sponsors a tractor ride across the bridge every fall. There is a minimum speed req't so no Cubs or CC's allowed. But from what I understand on windy days You can REALLY feel the bridge sway in the wind! And at tractor cruising speed you have a LOT of time to look down thru the steel grating in the center lanes to the water and ships below.

I don't have the answer to this question, but I'll raise it for the benefit of those who might not realize they should ask. What type of ports are we talking about plugging on the ported hydros? NPTF, SAE O-ring, 37 degree JIC, etc.? I'd hate to see someone stuff a pipe plug in a SAE port because they didn't know better. Jerry

Just when I thought I might get some nice weather and start the spring clean up . its snowing here this am. about 2" and falling pretty good.I might have to put the blade and chains on my 149 and have some fun.
1a_scratchhead.gif

I'm not certain that you can just plug the hydraulic outlets. When the 169 was shipped with the plugged ports but with out the hydraulic lift when the lift was installed there was a cone of some sort that was to be inserted into the pump and one spring was removed and replaced in a different location and a different spring was placed where the first was removed from. Hope that made sense.
dizzy.gif
Well never mind my ramblings, here's the page from the 169 hydraulic lift manual that covers the springs and such. Also a letter explaining why some 169s were shipped without the hydraulic lift.

186302.jpg

186303.jpg

Jerry M., looks like they are 37° connectors and O-rings.

Don T., It's been snowing here in So'Eastern Mass for 2 days but little to no accumulation! No seat time for me, but, I'm not really complaining! :cool:

Well, the 149 was not in the condition I expected it to be in and my lower offer was not accepted. However, he had a running Model 126 with a 48 deck that he was selling reasonable. I picked it up. My question is, will the K301 directly replace my K241 in my 100 if I was so inclined. Nothing wrong with my 241, just wondering.

i'm just curious to know how much a 123 hydrostactic sold for back in 1967?

Brian Moir
Since 10,12,14 Ks are the same block just bored to that hp. That should make oil pans changeable I would think. so yep it might fit.

Peter-According to Ken Updike's book "Farmall Cub and Cub Cadet", the list price of a new 123 hydro sold for $1082.

Mike Frade
I`am all ready to mow grass lol.This is getting old here ,My lawn still has about 10" on it in most areas. We just got 3" this am.It seems I`am waiting for parts here and have an Original that i`am sanding wile I waite for Parts.I`ll get er done i`am just slow.retired and picking my projects one day at a time.lol
coffee.gif

Peter, the 1967 price list is a gap in my documentation. The closest I can get is a 122 in 1966:

186309.jpg

On the other side of that, here is the order form from the 125 that my parents new bought in 1969:

186310.jpg

A 123 was built about 1967? My folks bought a house about then, I think it cost 6000. Dad was making $5 hr as a mechanic at the case delership in Erie. He got hired on at the harvester works, I think he made $8 there. That was huge money at the time.

Latest posts

Back