Archive through March 03, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BRIAN - Donald's correct, except the stroke on the K241 is shorter, the oil pan doesn't have the deeper sump for the oil pickup finger on the rod cap. The K241 pan is flat on the bottom.

But a CC spec K301 should drop right into where a K241 just came out of. K321 should be a large flywheel & cooling shroud engine so would only drop into a WF tractor.

Dennis:
Plan on the powder coat oven was(IS) to strip the oven elements and controls...Son-in-law built one that's about 5 foot high, 3 foot deep and 6 foot long, using corrugated steel, (double walled with fiberglass insulation in between) put it on casters and gutted a stove for the elements and controls.. Works great! I think I could do the same and it'd be big enough to put a Cub frame in..
lazerburn.gif

I have two rear ends on my Ken Birkey loader.
One has the ports for the hydro lift which was used for the power steering. The other has the ports plugged. Ihave the proper plugs to plug the ports that were used for the power steering,
I checked the charge ports and found that all four looked the same. I did not look for the cone however. I felt I had two options . Plug the outlets or connect them together. Any opinions? I found my Hytran only 23 miles away

Is it possible that I am in the wrong section?
I have a limited knowledge of Cub Cadets. It appears that loader was made out of a 1450 and a 1650. Guess I will have to look for ID's

When painting the rearend should we paint over the breather plug on top? at least thats what i think its called.

Ronald H.
Technically no.
you really oughta post over in the Cool IH Cub Cadets Not OEM but better'n' new section, but your close enough for now.
clappy.gif

We won't beat you up to bad here.
biggrin.gif

Thank you Dennis. I might put it in my 100 just to get in the garage before spring. The rear end has the external disc breaks. Any difference between my rear in the 100? Basically, besides for the grill casting, hood, dash upright and fenders, is there anything that won't fit on my 100?

What is the difference in the parts manual of a 1250 and 1200 other that hydro gear

Ryan, thanks for posting that.
happy.gif
I have Ken's various Cub Cadet books (signed copies even) at home but don't have any electronic files with that info.
bash.gif

Ronald H., that would be Kelley Birkey that built the Cub Cadet based 4x4 loader.

Latest posts

Back