Archive through March 02, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was fun last summer. Gee, about 3 months and we can do it, again!
wave.gif

115483.jpg

We got about 8-9 inches and about 18 inch drifts overnight. This is too much fun, to call this work!!
115488.jpg

115489.jpg

Todd:
We got about 5 inches on this side of the bay. After working 16 hours, I plowed (bladed?) my driveway and the street in front of my house. (No pics, I was home alone).
After I was done, I broke my port side spindle (Knuckle assy) where the drag link hooks up.
No steering. It was tough getting it back into the shed. I had to keep kicking the wheel to steer. Luckily it was in the back yard so that none of my neighbors saw.

Brian L., sorry to here that. I heard the shore got more accumalation than over your way. Usually, we don't get snow unless the storm comes across the bay from Baltimore way. My father got five inches in Belair.

I recently saw someone post the instructions on how to install a front blade on a CC 100. Can someone direct me to that post or post it again? Thank you!

Jim C. I had a vacuum setup very much like Dennis F. has for several years. Later I adapted a collection system from an OT manufacturer. The first system had the blower mounted on the trailer tongue, the other one was mounted on the tiller mount. I also have a small yard and both of those monsters were always hung up on something, probably operator induced problem. I now have a Peco Vac and am pretty well satisfied with it, the single bag is not really easy to empty but it does beat the other two ideas for use in a small space.

Does anyone have any advise on trying to use the dirt plow in pasture sod? We have it mowed off VERY short to chew up the bulk of the grass. Will be using the original as it's the only one with rear lift here.

Jerry,
I've got a shot at a plow, but when I stopped by his house Saturday there was a gate closed at his driveway and he wouldn't answer his cell phone. Maybe next week. It was even a Fair Grove address.

You know I wanna be there at the "ground breaking ceremony" right?

Don't forget to read Brinly's setup instructions

Jerry B.
I think your gonna find that sod plows a lot easier than you might think. And the furrows look cool too.
clappy.gif

115504.jpg

115505.jpg

115506.jpg

Charlie,
Only thing I see that could be different... you're plowing black dirt and Jerry will most likely be plowing rocks with some sandy dirt scattered throughout...

Cory,Lyle--

Yes it was nice seeing the snow for a day, but I'm so glad its gone. Rather push that good old red clay around with the 1250 & blade. I moved out of "Cheesehead" land over 20 years ago-- dont't miss the snow one bit!

good morn guys. we had a mess here, some snow then freezing rain and then rain . Most of the snow here is gone. drive is mostly free of ice also,first time all winter.The po that had my 129 (first Cub ) built a home made leaf clean up unit and was happy with it. i will post a shot from the shop confuser later. But i will have 1 of these this year for cleaning up my yard. i know it will make my life better and did i saw i hate to rake leaves.Check this out and see what i`ll be getting this spring. Later Don T
http://www.cyclonerake.com/index.htm?gclid=CM3d0eTfhpkCFQwDGgodlFKjlw

Jim Cartwright; I have A Ez-Vac i use. It quick attaches to the tractor.Five minutes on or off. four H P engine, pull start. Zip side bag. You could use trash bag to bag but would be hard to lift out. Got some mulch blades for the 44 deck and it works very good. Just have to empty often.
115512.jpg

115513.jpg

One more picture. I tried everything i could and it still went wide. Sorry.
115517.jpg

On the vacumn- Has anyone tried to take the much smaller impeller from a ztr to a cub? Would eliminate the extra motor and the large chute attatchment. Would need to figure out an extra pulley.
dunno.gif

Got to get this figured out before Charlie uses the poof button me.
115522.jpg

115523.jpg

The brackets for the vac are under the axle. The ones visible here are for a wheel horse vac. TRl.

Latest posts

Back