• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 29, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HI RAY! You calibrate your sprayer the same way I do! I normally pull mine with the 70.... to keep this somewhat on topic!

I put my ATV sprayer in my oldest smallest cart and C-clamp the spray boom on the back but I like your semi-mounted sprayer better. The boom material and nozzle clamps are even the same, but I have four nozzles on 20 inch centers.

CRAIG - The cast iron end 38" & 42" decks also had block-off plates.

Dennis -

Yup. 473422R1 to be exact! Got a NOS yellow one tied to the deck at home, just never tried it to see how well it works...

Craig,
I think they are 12's. Can't remember.

Dennis,
HEY, got a pic? I only put two nozzles on mine b/c I didn't want to buy a bigger pump. BUT, the pump is starting to leak between the head and the body so I might need to go to F and F to buy a new one. As it is, I get about a 60" spread. 4 nozzles would give me less seat time. . .
sad.gif

Kraig and Craig,
I've got to figure out how to hang my CW-36 onto my 100 this fall. Those clips sure look like deck hangers. Any chance they're the same part?

Ray, deck hangers (actually called Lift Links) are slotted.

226945.jpg

Kraig,
Thanks. Well, looks like another welding project.

Ray -
The clips are convenient but not absolutely necessary. Four 1/2" bolts and two 1/2" nuts will do the trick without any clips. Add more nuts if your frame weldnuts are MIA.

The CW-36's older cousin the BB-36 required four 1/2" bolts to mate it to the original cadet...

Ray - Nice 100. That must be the tractor you spoke of when I bumped into you on the train. Nice goin'.
buttrock.gif

Thanks Craig,

Hey Mike, where are the pics of your Cub? We need pics.

Note item "C" from the 1969 Cub Cadet parts and accessories. It looks like they were available for the original's "timed" deck the "cast iron" (which we had) and the first version pressed steel ones. I think I can afford one!

RAY L. - Wish I had some pic's of the sprayer. I might hook the sprayer up this weekend....if I get a Cubbie to run!

Let me just say I REALLY hate Onan engines!

Here's the page from the Accessory catalog that Tom was trying to post:

226951.jpg

Would everyone look in sandbox and give me some advice! My wife wants a divorce!!!!!!!!!!!!

After everyone gets through helping Rodney out, you can set me straight. I'm trying to get an older (Series 2) 42" mower deck running. All the spindles appear loose before they're disassembled, but once I get them out, they seem to be fairly tight.

But even if I wanted to replace the bearings, I can't figure out how to get the spindle apart. So my questions are two:

(1) How do you get the spindles apart (see photos)?

(2) How can the play between the spindle (bearing) housing the spindle cup(s) be eliminated?

Photos of the spindles I'm attempting to work on:

226957.jpg

226958.jpg

226959.jpg

Respond in your own time.

Thanks in advance.

I have a delima. I currently have a non running 149 that I'm planning on restoring and making into a workhorse. Recently a 147 with deck, snowthrower, and tiller popped up on craigslist. It's not currently running. Would any of these attachments work on my 149? If the guy isn't willing to seperate would you be willing to pay $800 for the whole lot? I wouldn't mind another tractor, but need to justify the purchase.

Electrical is not my strong suit. I pulled the rearend out of my 123 last fall to replace the drive shaft change Hytran fluid and filter etc. When I put everything back together I noticed the top of the coil looked as if it had swollen up and out of the body of the coil. I replaced the coil with a brand new one from Stens, and when I hooked it up it immediately started getting warm and even though I had fire to the coil I wasn't getting it to the plug. The plug wire and contact at the coil and plug seem good. Any ideas?

Latest posts

Back