• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 29, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kendell - I see you logged in a couple of days ago ...

Get back in here !!

Was on road getting parts for a cub and found another one. So I purchased the 123 with a Blade on the front. Did not have a 123 so I do now, need to restore. Wife is not happy again! She will get over it I hope. The blade hanger is home made I believe. Can someone send me a picture of correct front blade attachment?

226915.jpg

226916.jpg

226917.jpg

226918.jpg

Joe: Welcome to the world of Narrow Frames! Remind your wife that the 123 is the model that introduced the hydrostatic drive to the International Harvester Cub Cadet family and that everyone that belongs to this cult should have one. Tell her that you even know of a Nova Scotian that has one! Tell her that sometimes they have to be taken apart like a "real tractor" to be worked on:
226921.jpg

If all else fails, tell her you got it to practice on before buying her the 125 upgraded version.
happy.gif

Joe, it looks like someone used a mule drive as the basis for that mount, which is actually an approved method. However, there should be a sub-frame that goes back to the lift rock-shaft. Here's a few photos.

226923.jpg

226924.jpg

226925.jpg

226926.jpg

226927.jpg

Troy, WELCOME!
WELCOME.gif

I'll see if I can find time to take some measurements this weekend. It'll likely be too hot to do any actual work so I may as well take some measurements. Is it the parts in your old (I assume it's an old photo because of the 2009 date stamp) that you need the measurements for? The brackets in your photo appear to be the same style as the cab I have for my 125.

Kraig already mentioned it, but using the mower mule drive as a blade subframe mount (like in Steve B's 100 pic) was approved and described by the original IH literature. If non-quik tach subframes without mule drives were used, there were little links available to provide the proper geometry between tractor frame and blade subframe.

Kraig, got a pic of those little white extension links?

Craig - There's no mention of links in the online manuals.
1a_scratchhead.gif

Frank - You're taking it for granted that she'll let him talk to her ...

Craig, as requested.

I suppose I should mention this... the manual only lists the 70 & 100 but it would also apply to the 71, 102, 122 and 123. I should also mention that I've posted photos of two variations. The previous post shows a narrow frame Bolt On version that is shown both off of the tractor and installed on Steve B's 100 with the mule drive. The second version is a narrow frame Quick Attach version that is bolted onto Scott Harris' 122. Either version of blade sub-frame is fine to use.

226929.jpg

226930.jpg

226931.jpg

Kraig, Kentuck,

IH called 'em "extension brackets" in Kraig's excerpts below...

While I'm at it I should also make mention of Scott's use of the clips to attach the Quick Attach version of the blade sub-frame. Scott made his, which he modeled after actual Cub Cadet clips.

226933.jpg

226934.jpg

Kraig, all:

Does anybody know where those clips originated, with the CW-36 snowthrowers or with the deck mule drives? They work on both, IF your weld nuts in the narrow frame holes aren't busted out!

Craig, the 70/100 brochure that I have scans of (scanned from the brochure in your collection) shows the clips in use on both the mower deck mule drive and the CW36 snowthrower.

226936.jpg

226937.jpg

I see my post got some discussion about mower blades. Sorry I didn't get to respond until now. I would like to thank everyone for there input. My last question would be can you turn a 44C deck in to a mulching deck by plugging the discharge? Is it safe?

IH made a mulcher plate for their mowers, but I was not impressed with the outcome. Im sure the deck was designed to work as a mulcher like todays mowers.

Since the 100 is the current topic, thought I would post a few more pics of mine.

226939.jpg

226940.jpg

ROB F. - I made a block off plate for the discharge chute on my 44A & 50C deck to mulch leaves and used it many times. It does make the deck pull harder since it's doing more work, and I wouldn't recommend it for mowing tall grass because of that.

Far as being "Safe", I guess if you hit a rock or stick anything can happen. Since it can't get away from the spinning blades they will hit it more times than if the discharge wasn't blocked.

Guess it depends on what you mean by "Safe".

Mulcher plate -
Used the IH one on the Original timed deck. Works okay in the fall with the dry leaves. Only so many leaves fit however before the deck gets slugged and slows down.

Kraig - My literature binder is dusty! Glad you got the scans so everyone can enjoy
happy.gif

Ray Leo - Nice meats on that 100. 10.5's?

Latest posts

Back