• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through June 29, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paul Funk -- could you provide dimensions for your homemade clutch spring tool? I could probably guess from the photo, but would like to make one for myself and want to "make sure" before cutting. I tried your email address in your profile, but my message bounced back.

Thanks for the info on the Kohler site. I downloaded the file so now I can start sorting thru the pages. It was a long wait as my dialup speed is only 46.6 kb...
Regards,
Bill

Bill K.
You might want to check out the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) listed above. There's tons of neat info there.
thumbsup.gif

Jason H.-

Every time I am faced with a worn out driveshaft I usually just go and buy an $8 piece of steel and can get two driveshafts out of it.

Matt, Thanks, yes I know but I really stink at drilling centered holes in round stock. I either don't have the right tools or I don't have the right learnin.
deadat30.gif

Maybe someone could post a driveshaft making tutorial.

Jason H.-

My dad made me a tool to attach to the drill press to drill the holes, it's really simple and works every time. I'll attempt to write something up tomorrow and post it.

Jason H.

I have had good luck using a drill press with a drill press vise.

Place a drive shaft with a good hole above the new blank drive shaft. Then guide the correct size drill through the good hole and it will be lined up exactly centered on the blank shaft. When you get both shafts lined up square and centered clamp them solid.

Then you can drill the hole through the blank shaft knowing you are centered and squared up. Now it depends on how good your drill is and your drilling speed.

Kind of a cheap and dirty method but works for me.

Guys thanks.

Rich I never thought of that. Silly me has not gotten a good drill press vise yet

Matt thanks I will be looking forward to seeing the tools you use.

Ken That sure is a nifty little bugger, and priced right too. I think I am going to order one and one of their Wilton versatile drill press vises. I never knew about that tool website either. Thanks for the link.

Kraig, got any brochures for a Johnson Loader? I'm going to look at one tomorrow and would like to see what they looked like new.

I just purchased a used 127. The rear bearing is missing on the generator and though it is charging, it makes noise. I looked at a rebuild kit which looked like it contained front and rear bearings and a set of brushes. Is that correct? Is there a way to buy just the rear bearing? If there is, where would I find one? A junk one off a core would be sufficient if I could find one I guess.

Huh, I honestly thought the elcectric lifts were strictly narrow frame stuff, other than the S/G sised pumps... I figured that you had a choice between the Armstrong lift, and my favorite, the hydro. Learn somthin new every day dont ya...

If you are going to make a drive shaft be sure to use stress proof steel and be sure it's straight. It's a little more $ than CRS and works great.

Richard C. is right! It's no problem to make a drive shaft for these tractors, just take your time and use the old shaft as a guide.

James W.
There's a button above that says parts Lookup.
Click on it and enter in 127 as the model number and you will find this.
61781.jpg

61782.jpg

61783.jpg

We have sponsors to buy parts from that can get you anything you need.

Also, wants ads belong in the classifieds section.

Hi..new to the board, I have been following the forums for a while..Great job. I am big cub cadet fan and have seven cubs around the yard.Thanks for a great forum..Heres a picture of my 149 W hyd.lift deck
61788.jpg

I'm in a bind anyone help me out
sad.gif
? I have a 125 and I only got 5lbs of pressure, so I fugured I'd pull the head off, maybe a valve is stuck,(I was cutting grass with the machine 2 weeks ago) while pulling the head off I had a bolt that wouldn't come out, ended up stapping it off, tried to get it out with a easy out(screw extractor) and snapped that off. so I got ticked off, put everything away had a couple beers and went to bed. just wondered if anyone could give me any idea's, to keep things moving a little smoother. have a nice day! thanks

James W:

First, Welcome to the Forum...
61791.jpg

As another suggestion, once your tear down the S/G, remove the old bearing and take it to a Bearing Supply Shop. I am sure they can find a replacement.

thumbsup.gif

Back