• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 28, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbaker

displayname
jeff l baker
I have hooked up the motor mount on the back of my 129 for a EZ VAC system.
I am wondering if this is correct???
any one have one hooked to a wide frame.

I had to shim it washers because the top hole on the mount plate bolts over the frame verses down below where it goes to the rear end

259990.jpg

259991.jpg

Melody S.
It was actually a small test to prepare for the move to a dedicated server to make things faster and easier to handle that went terribly wrong,LOL

BUT, I know where and what I did wrong, so it won't happen again, I hope!

So hopefully by this time next week, we'll be pretty much hack proof, or as much as we can be.

And buzzing along at warp speed to make the forum a little better place for the time being.

Cubs are a lot easier to work on than servers and software!~!~!~!~!

I bought this 108 (and some others) this week, notice anything different about the hood decals?
259993.jpg

259994.jpg

Paul B,

Looks like someone took the fiberglass shroud panel off a 109 and put a new 108 decal numbers over the original decal.

Paul: From older discussions, wasn't the 147 the only decal saying HYDROSTATIC ?
1a_scratchhead.gif

looks like someone put a manual shift kit on your "hydro" there Paul hahahaha
beer2.gif

The 129 and 149 also had the word Hydrostatic under the numbers but the 169 did not. The 129 had a red stripe above the number and both the 149 and 169 had a blue stripe above the number.

Ron: Point well taken. Emma (and Penny) and Gracie say "Ya, but we were first!).
259999.jpg

260000.jpg
cubwinker.gif

3 days and 3.2 inches of rain calls for some sort of outlet.
bash.gif

Paul - boy someone sure went to a great effort to make up a nice incorrect decal overlay. By the way, I also noticed the mule drive bracket is unlatched from the fixed mounting bolt on the sides of the frame. Better check the QA latch.

Charlie - I was trying to get on yesterday as well and kept getting an error in the address. Glad you got it fixed.

Paul, I don't think anyone really answered you correctly.

The colors are correct, BUT 108's are not hydrostatic. .

109,129,149 should read hydrostatic under the number, 169 did not have the word hydrostatic as Ron mentioned.

Now Jeff - did you really read Paul's question closely? Your answer is not correct either.
Paul asked "notice anything different about the hood decals?"
And the correct answer to that is "no, the hood decals appear to be correct".
"However, the dash decals are not correct. In fact, someone has changed the 109 numbering to 108".
And as a final note - It's a nice looking 108 (Hydrostatic wantabee).

Harry,
The tractor, or at least the hood/dash, was repainted at some point and the decals replaced, but I don't know where the decals came from, but they are printed that way, and are not an "overlay". I know the sub frame is loose, the rear lift arm that is suppose to straddle the cross bar is up on top of the bar, and I guess the only thing holding the deck/subframe on is the belt.

Jeff,
I am aware the 108 is not a hydro. Wonder if the decals were cheaper than the correct one's were.....

Paul, you have probaly forgotten more about cubs than I will ever know,, I was trying to be the star pupil today, but as Harry pointed out I failed to read the question correctly,,,lol

First off I wanted to say hello,I'm new to this forum and just bought my first cub loboy,the belt off rear pulley that goes to deck has broke.thanks for any help.

William Wells,

Welcome to the forum. The main page of this forum is dedicated to IH Cub Cadets made before June of 1981, which is different than the Farmall cub. They have a topic section called IH Cub Cadets larger relatives. Try posting questions regarding your lowboy in there. You could also try our sponsers (Nice colorful boxes on top of the page) to see if they have a replacement belt that would suite your needs. Hope this helps, glad to hear you bought some IH iron.

William

The sponsors above are you friends. You can also check a local Case IH dealer.

Jeff,
No problem, and I'm old enough that forgeting thing's is "legal".
lol.gif

Had a different experience mowing with the 126 vs the 109 this evening. I was clearing a place for a camper out of a hay field. I first cut a spot with my mighty fine MF50 diesel. Then I got the 126 out and one of my Boys got the 109. I don't think I've ever had a mowing deck on ANY color tractor clog - but tonight it happened. The 48 inch deck on the 126 would clog. The grass was heavy and dew had started settling on the grass, so it definitely wasn't normal mowing conditions. The 12 hp had plenty of power for the deck - mowing in 1st gear. The 109 was a different story. The tall, thick grass challenged it - BUT, the wide deck opening on the 44a deck work great! Makes me wonder if IH didn't have some feedback on the 48 inch deck clogging when they came up with the later 44 and 50 inch decks.

One problem reoccurred though - going great guns with the 126 and it died. Cooled down, restarted and back to the barn under it's own power. I'm going to have to deal with this. BTW, I was browsing the FAQ's earlier today and there was one on the problem/symptoms I'm having with the 126.

Latest posts

Back