• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 28, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i just recently finished my puller and was unsure on how i should make the hitch i dont really want to make a ajustable, and would like to use a stock hitch if at all possible. thanks

Clint,to be commpetitve you will need an adjustable hitch. You always want the hitch height to be as high as allowable. I pulled with a stock hitch, then got an adjustable and there is a huge difference in the pulling ability.

I know a guy who has a couple pulling hitches he(me) can part with. Shoot me an email.

Also we like pictures!

154178.jpg

thanks for the awnser and im getting persuaded to make an ajustable by everyone i ask. ill get pictures as soon as i can
bouncy.gif

im lookin to hitch to make a hitch like this because of how easy it will be to build but i am not sure how i should mount it on my tractor
154216.jpg

CLINT - Do a search on Midwest Supercub. They sell proven adj. hitches ready to bolt onto any CC. LOTS of other good info in their on-line catalog also.

Clint,

That is exactly the style hitch I have, or have a few of... See the For Sale section of this website.

This hitch bolts to the top 2 bolts on the transmission rear and also 2 of the 3 bolts that hold on the actual Cub hitch.

Tip your tractor forward, take out the top 2 bolts, then take off the 3 bottom bolts and the Cub Cadet hitch. Then using one of the bolts from the top, you tighten it into the bottom middle hole. Next you use the longer bolts to secure this pulling hitch to the tranny. Make sure you have a lot of threads(long enough bolts) in all 4 holes to secure this to the transmission. Tractor pulling puts a lot more stress on these. I used grade 5 bolts that were probably 1 1/4 inch long(I don't remember the lenght). Just make sure they are at least as long as the bolts from the Cub Cadet hitch and that they are grade 5 or grade 8.

I tip the tractor forward to help not have a leak when I take off the Cub Hitch. I normally do this by backing it up the ramps onto my trailer.

Ok guys now thati have my hitch and im all ready to go to a pull this weekend but the last thing i need to know is what gear you would recomend pulling in for 950 pound class 1050 and also 1150. Im using stock gears in my transmission and was planning on going in third and think that i have enough power but i just wanted another opinion on it. thanks. cant wait to go to the pulls this weekend.
bouncy.gif

Clint, 2nd will be your best bet to start with If you can start the sled in 3rd you'll be REALLY straining your drive train. Don't see what horsepower your runnin but till you get a feel for things start slow. Go back to the June 15th entry. Thats my 12hp in action. Mick

thanks mick and nice tractor. ill let you now how my pull goes with my new big cub.
animatedihbear.gif

Clint,

I agree with Mick, start in 2nd gear and depending on how much power you have after the 950 class then you can decide to stay in 2nd or go to 1st.

Also use a bugee cord or something to lock your shfter into gear. A tight bugee cord wrapped around the tunnel and over the shifter will help keep it in second.

Go get them! Have fun! TAKE PICS !!!!!!!!!!

Kyle, I agree I love those tires! Oh, I don't have them anymore. Let me know whow they work for ya! This is a close up of the Non Cut ones.
154273.jpg

This is a pic with 24x12x12s
154274.jpg

Going to pull for the first time. 105 Hydro in lawn stock class. Was in the general forum got some help but came to this page to get more input.... So I should have around 100-150 pounds to play with. Was told to get it on the back. So I shouldn't worry about getting it on the front somehow???? Any help is great.TIA

Joe,

If you are pulling with a stock hitch your front won't lift up much. See the next pic. This is at 1000 pounds and almost all the added weight is on the back ~approx~ 150 pounds worth hanging off the rear lift. This has a pulling hitch in it set at 11" high which is about an inch higher than the standard hitch. During his pull the front was light but did not come off the ground.
154278.jpg

The front Z casting on your 105 weight approx 42 pounds so it has plenty of weight up there. Your body leaning forward or back tranfers weight very well. Most club rules state you must be on the seat but you can slie forward or back, left or right as needed.

So which is ideal in front of the rear tire or behind the seat?? Or does it really matter?

Oh and yes your butt must stay in contact with the seat here too. The big thing with the weight is for my son. They have youngster class and he is 6 so I have more weight to play with for him...

Joe, the weight on the back help counter act the heavy nose, kind like a teeter toter on the grade school play ground. We would have put more on the back if we could fit in on. I see we put 90 in front of the wheels, and I see we failed to put any under the seat. The 90 in front of the wheels also help keep the front down. This day we had 3 or 4 Cubs pulling in the off the lawn class, we ran out of weights and were swaping from one tractor to another. Here's a pic of me carrying wights from one to another.
154295.jpg

In this stock lawn class you'll need most of your weight at the rear axles. If it were me I would put as much in the back plus wheel weights. like this one.
154296.jpg

But this one with narrow tires pulled the furthest. Plus most of the weights were in front of the tires.
154297.jpg

Here is a pic of the 122 pulling in the 800 pound class. It had only 4 weights on the back.
154298.jpg

Thanks Vince I think I will build a mount for the rear lift like you did. I have two weeks to do it so I have time
thumbsup_old.gif
. Thanks again. I will post results and pics.

First off gang I am so glad to see your families involving the younger ones. Many of us guys stand and applaud the little ones as they pull!

This is how we keep the sport alive and families stay closer! Priceless.

Many of us have agrued the weight on the rim or hooking it to the back. My thoughts from a gray haired man is this; get the tires to bite as good as they can with weight then balance the tractor with weight to the front and weight on the rear.

Always remember different tracks take different combinations and that friends makes it fun.

Pops

Vince, got to use them once now on a track that got a bit too much rain the day before & was a bit slimy, they didn't work quite as good. We'll find out this friday & Sunday how well they do (if mother nature doesn't tell us to stay indoors)

Latest posts

Back