• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 28, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Putting my new 100 back together with new parts and the posts on the new voltage regulator are a little different from the old ones. If anyone has a quickl wiring diagram for a 100 itd be greatly apriciated. mjs

There ya go Bryan!
The dumba$$'s can't get it right now so maybe if we give them more money to cover expenses in the land of 10,000 taxes, it would straighten them out!
NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was thinking we could have the Plow Day Fund Raiser in Illinois. The Illinoisans could use the proceeds to open a Minnesotan Refugee camp. I suspect we will be flocking over to borders any day now.

BTW, If anyone is heading this way you may want to pee before you cross the border. Apparently we can no longer afford to keep our rest areas open. They have all been shut down.
rant.gif

Any one have any tips for a first time user of a blade for moving/spreading a pile of dirt? I have an original blade for my 122 that I got with the tractor and hooked it up for the first time today. I have some clevis pins on the way from NAPA as one of you posted in the archive to make a new lift rod. I have chains for the tires as well w/wheel weights. I remember the first time that I used a tractor with a FEL(which was not too long ago), and the fellow that was with me taught me some basics that probably would have taken me a while to learn on my own.

BTW- what is the proper adjustment of the lift rod for height with the blade lifted to the highest/lowest position. Which holes do you use on the lever(upper or lower), and I believe that there are two on the blade as well. I am going to thread the rod to give me some flexibility also.

Thanks,

Chad

Howdy Fellas,
Two questions that you guys will laugh at--but I'm gonna ask anyway.
1) Some of the pan seats I see have vent holes in them. Some are obviously solid except for the bolt hole, or the break in the seat. IHCC I know had the solid seat on the Original, we also had similarly designed seats on our H, M, and Super M's but when were the Holy Seats made, and on what CC models were they installed?
2) Did both the 70 and 100 have the narrow and wide front/rear tire options from the factory? I am assuming the Original only had narrow tires available. Thanks for your worldly knowledge

Bart,

If you scroll down the page, the pan seat discussion just happened. But there were never any Cub Cadets with the "holy" pan seats, they were only the solid ones.

And for your second question the 70 and the 100 had only narrow 4.80/4.00-8 tires but the rears had the option of the narrow 6-12 or the wider 23X8.50-12 tires. The wide front tire option, the 16X6.50-8, wasn't available until the 71/102/122 was released. And you are right the original only had narrow front and rears. Hope this answers your questions

Kevin "D",
I have to disagree with you on the wide fronts on the 100. When i was a young lad my ol' man bought a spanking new 100 with wide fronts and rears. Don't have the paperwork to prove it, but I know what I know

Tom,

Your right, I just did some further reading and they had both the wide and narrow fronts. Good call
thumbsup.gif

Charlie,

Thanks for the info...I wish I would have had that before I put the blade on, cuz I had the lower bracket off the tractor and had to put it back on!

I guess they don't have any info on the adjustment of the rod because it was a fixed and non-adjustable rod. Any recomendations on the height-uppermost and lowermost-of the blade. I am pretty sure that you want to be able to put some down pressure on the blade, just not sure how much.

Also, any hints on operating the tractor with a blade/speed, angle of blade. Just some general tips for operation.

TIA,

Chad

Chad M.
Put the front tires on a 2x4 and adjust your lift rod to fit. That way you will have a little down travel/pressure and still have enough height when you raise it.

Tips?
Well that is a relative term, LOL
BUT, first starting out, take small angled bites/cuts on the pile and go slow. THEN!!!! After you get used to it and it's limitations, Drop that sucker and do what ya gotta do. Blades are great for just about anything if you use them for what they are intended to do.

I just recently got a rear blade from one of our sponsors and I tellya what, that sucker is COOL!

Man! I just had the best laugh I've had in a while.
Although a little off the wall, it must work.
Start out with a nice lookin 107 right!
28971.jpg

Then it gets interesting to say the least.
28972.jpg

28973.jpg

I HAVE A CONNECTING ROD ON MY SHELF, IT IS STAMPED 47 059 04 I CANNOT FIND THIS NUMBER IN MY BOOKS, DO ANY OF YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT IT IS? THANKS FRAN

Charlie ...that brings a wholr new meaning to the term ELECTRIC LIFT

Charlie,

That thing is movin alot of dirt...I bet those AG's help. I tried it today without the chains and I can say that they are a must. I just tried to cut a path in my garden which hasn't been used yet this year. Tires were a slippin along with the clutch at times. I broke one of those pins off of the drive flange. It had one of them broken when I got it and when I replaced the teaser spring, I welded it back on. I think it may be an aftermarket flange(The original was in the shed when I got the tractor and was bent,but the pins never broke off!). Is welding them ok? Does anyone use a creeper gear with a blade, it seems like it would help(1st seems a little fast)?

Chad

Help! I am not much of a gear head, so be gentle. My beloved Original is leaking Oil out of the right rear tire, I am guessing that I have blown a seal or something. Is this something I can fix myself or should I call in the pros.

Todd "W",
Man I hope it ain't oil leaking out of the tire! :cool: I'm sure you mean onto the tire. Not a big deal to fix. Take the axle carrier of and replace the oil seal on the trans case. Shouldn't more than a hour or so.

Latest posts

Back