• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 28, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmoore

displayname
Bruce Moore
Kurt, Bryan, other experts:
Regarding the pan seat, I have seen pans with no holes and pans with round (not slotted as on Kurt's new toy) mounted on restored Cub Cadets. Were each of those offered on different models or at different times, or is the solid seat the only "correct" one? I'm not planning a restoration, just curious. My 72 had a newer seat on it when it was given to me (free with the purchase of only one house!), and it will probably stay on it.

Jeff W,
Since you did not mention what tractor and what deck your tryiing to match up, Go here, snatch the number and any place can cross the number for ya.
http://cubfaq.com/belts.html
Of course if you have the info handy, the sponsors above will have the belt you need too.

TERRY - You Missed My Dad's place by maybe 10-12 driving miles, and about 6-7 miles as the Crow flys. Intersection of I-74 & I-80 then east on US Rt 6 then south. Maybe picking up the CC70 Dad bought brand new in '63 this weekend. I need another CC REAL bad.....three isn't enough ;-)

Bruce M. -

Of course, people can do whatever they want, but this is the ONLY pan seat that came on an <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> Cub Cadet (Original, 70/100, 71, 72, 73):

http://www.mcmeen.net/CubCadet/Original/Pictures/DCP00348.jpg

There should only be two holes - one for the bolt and one for a drain. Infer from this what you will
wink.gif

I suppose I should point this out as well - there's a "ring" stamped into the center of the seat as well - so if that ring's not there, it's probably not the right seat, either. Dan Hoefler is the only one that I know that will reproduce that ring when he repairs cracked seats.

Gov,
Was welding the pan seat at work the other day and noticed the stamped ring that you just mentioned. Any reason for it? Maybe just how the die-maker designed it. . .
--Ray

Ray L. -

How 'bout as a stiffener...

BTW, great book
wink.gif

Bryan,
or, to "seat" the pan seat flat on the bracket that centers it on the loopy seat mount. . .

Yeah, those Yellowstones are huge. There's a Missabe Range web site where you can download a whistle to one of them.

Ray -

Now THAT'D make an intersting ringtone
wink.gif

Yeah, I suppose a flat surface for all those spot welds would be a reason, too...

Jeff,
The belt for the 48" mower deck for your 102 it is a 3/8" belt and is 75 1/2" long. The part number for it is IH-489397-R3. The cub cadet part from your dealer is around $21. Hope this helps.

Kevin

What to do when you get an itch to plow some ground and the next plowday hasn't been scheduled yet?
Well I got the itch to play in the dirt today,
28921.jpg

28922.jpg

28923.jpg

28924.jpg

hey its only soybeans, not like this stuff over here.
28925.jpg

28926.jpg

and when I get tired of playing in the dirt I can always go back to this project.
28927.jpg

Lonny,
I'd love to do some "Dirty Work", but it's been so dry here I think you would need dynamite first.

Tom,
Just last night we had 1&1/8 inches of rain.
and the only wet spot in the soybeans was on the northwest corner of the bean. This happens to be one of the low spots in the garden and is wet for a couple of days after it rains.

Travis was just telling me about his 10" of rain in the last 2 weeks up in N Central Iowa.......

This is what it looks like when you only get 3/4" of rain in the last 2 full months (Central IL)!!!!

28929.jpg

28930.jpg

Corn is short, getting ready to tassle in some spots and it has been over 90 deg. every day for a week...supposed to hit 99 deg. tomorrow, If we don't see some rain real soon the corn isn't going to be to good this year.

...I don't even bother getting the 782 out to mow anymore, just gets the tractor dusty.....I guess those goofy tall weeds can just stay that way (something has to look like it' still growing!!)

(Message edited by sblunier on June 28, 2005)

...yup, like walking on corn chips!!!!! You can see last weeks' footprints too.......not good.....
sad.gif

Earlier this spring I was worried that I would have to reseed the lawn. It was looking real bad. Brown and bald. But now it looks great. Full and think! Plenty of green grass here.
28934.gif

However,
You Illinois guys are looking a bit dry.
28935.gif

Now thats dry, guess I shouldn't complain about it raining every week ( one or two days, usally on the weekend) while others are not reciveing life giveing, crop growing, well filling, rain.

Steve,

Sounds like you have the same weather we had in Wisconsin last year. It rained all spring, the farmers couldn't get nothing into the ground. Many farmers didn't get a crop in. Then we didn't get any rain all summer except for maybe a few sprinkles. Corn and bean were terible, some farmers just chopped or worked there crops back into the ground because there wasn't nothing to harvest. But I heard you guys in IL has the best crops ever.

Heck I think I only cut lawn 3 times last summer! Otherwise it was brown as can be!

Steve, my lawn looks about as bad as yours except mine still has all the tall spikes sticking up. I have not had the 129 out of the shed in over a month to mow. We got about an 1" last saturday night which is making green sprouts coming up in spots but I am still afraid to mow it. I will see what happens the next few days. The weather guessers are predicting rain with scattered storms for tomorrow night and thursday. Luckily I have a well or my water bill would be awful high trying to keep the garden growing. My wife picked the 1st green beans and peas today. Earlier in the month was the strawberries. They were good but the season only lasted about 2 weeks, which usually lasts about 4.

Yes, that's us...right in the middle of the big brown (fitting color) dot in the middle of IL.

Wes,

I have a well too...you can see it in the 1st pic....I'm getting a little worried about running out of well water. Makes you think about how many loads of laundry you should do in any given day....a little bit at a time/over time keeps the well in as good of conditon is possible......

Latest posts

Back