• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 28, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thankfully my schedule doesn't permit constant cutting of our grass to putting green standards, so it's stayed fairly green. It's getting a bit crispy around the edges, but the hardier grasses are staying green, as is the clover and other weeds
wink.gif

Plenty of rain here in west central Wisconsin. I think some of it followed us west to the Rocky Mountain National park which is in that brown spot in Colorado and then it followed us to the Grand Canyon. On the way home through Iowa, just north of I think it was Ellsworth, IA, we drove through some of the heaviest rain I've ever experienced, I couldn't even see the wipers moving! All the rain makes for really good strawberries, so good that a gray fox was eating them, I watched him eat them until my wife made me go chase him out. I had to put up additional fencing material as the fox was slipping under the deer netting and the deer figured out that they could break through the netting. :eek:(

Here around Madison We hadn't got ANY ran in June until last Friday night, then We got 1/4 inch Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday AM so about an inch around home. I mowed a bit of the yard Sunday afternoon late. First time in two weeks. Had a LOT of big brown spots scattered in areas of crabgrass about an inch taller than I mowed the last time. According to the paper We were about 3 inches short of percipitation for the year thru Friday night.

Bryan,

The green you see in my pics is clover.....about the only thing still growing in the yard.

In may the grass in my pics was "5-day" grass.....mow it every 5 days so it doesn't get away from you...........now it's more like 5 week grass!!!!

To let you know how spotty the rain is usually what Travis gets we get here in Waukon cause he is southwest of me. He got 10" last weekend we got 2.95 in my gauge .

Well here in the desert we have to mow a couple of times a week, thanks to the irrigation we get every two weeks and the warm nights. Without the irrigation I would probably have cracks in the ground equal to the Grand Canyon.

28938.jpg

Actually there was green grass and trees in the picture but by the time you crop it down to 50 k there isn't much quality left.

Richard,

What did you attach your sunshades to? It doesn't look like they attach to the fenders... If each tractor is different, I'm more interested in how you did the 782.

Awfully dry here in northwest Indiana too. Got about a 5 minute thunderstorm last night, but that mostly ran off. I've never seen the corn look so "spikey" as it does this year.

Kevin L., let's see if this link will work for you, this section of the forum might still be locked down. There is info there on Richard's custom sun shade that is on his 782.

Custom Cubs

Since it's been too hot here to get any real work done outside, I've been finishing up a project for the Mini-560. I've about got it done.

28940.jpg

28941.jpg

I don't have a "real" PTO in the Mini so I can't check it out, but I think it should work.

Paul, looks great! Is that made from parts from a Haban or something else?

The "Cool IH Cub Cadets Not OEM but better'n' new ! ! ! " section looks great! Thanks to everybody who worked on it.

Kraig, it's from a Haban. I don't remember the number but it wouldn't fit a Cub Cadet!!! I just made a frame to bolt it to so I can reconstruct the original if I ever needed to.

Hello All
I have a 782 with the iron rear and a sleeve hitch. I ran into a guy who has a model 2 tiller for sale.I think my tractor needs the model 2b,because of the 5/8" belt. I looked in my IH parts book and it sees like maybe pulley on the rear angle drive, and the belt is the only difference? I also wondered if I can use my mower deck idler setup,or do I need one specific to the tiller? Could anyone straighten me out on this?
<font color="ff0000">um, yeah, this part is poofable...</font>
thanks John
p.s. I hope this photo cools you off a little
28947.jpg

Use your mower mule drive, they expect you to. Check on the availability of the pulley before you cut the deal, otherwise go for it.

True 2B tillers are few and far between, so your method is probably the best way to get a tiller on your 782.

ok, another Q about my '68 104. I have the sevice manual and it tells me how to adjust the 42 inch deck but I need more out of it as it still appears a bit "nose down". Also the blades are slighlty tilted forward to the deck itself. Is there something I can do to get the front end of the deck up higher?? Anyone experience the same thing? I am out of adjustment on the two forward bolts. I do have it level side to side now though. Thanks in advance. TR.

Tim,

Take off the subframe. There is one "arm" that extends back, ending in a "fork", to the tractor's rockshaft.

Using a torch, heat the arm to cherry red about mid point, then using a Cresent wrench, bend it up in the air about 1-1/2". This will effectively raise the subframe's front mounting "horns" relative to the deck, while still maintaining your parallel scissor linkage.

Readjust the front eye bolts so that the blades are level fore/aft, or possibly 1/8"to 1/4" forward, and enjoy your mowing.

Latest posts

Back