• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 27, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marty,
I guess I'm not the first one to break off that bolt. You called it
clappy.gif

Tim,
It was my every week, regular use tractor. I lucked out getting the 122 which made it easier (time wise) to rebuild the 125.

I got few of the Cubs out yesterday. One of my 2135s, the 122 and both of my 104s. Not shown are the other 2135, both 123s, and the 125.

192967.jpg

192968.jpg

Have you guys ever heard this one?

My brother-n-law, he was a black belt in karate. Then he joined the army. The first time he saluted he killed himself.
Henny Youngman

HARRY - A tool or gauge in a toolbox in the shop is worthless. Of anyone here I would think DATA to make CC's & Kohler engines last longer would mean something to you!
With a hydro, and increase of head or oil temp is corrected by just a slight movement of the hydro lever to slow tractor speed. Gears drives are slightly less easy.
I've never run a turbo diesel anything with a working pyro like Dave R. but thats why I want duplication of temps measured, EGT is an instant change, head temp a few seconds longer, oil temp comes up in a minute.
Once you know whats "normal" You can tell when things are "Not Normal". Data, Information.... It's why things last so much longer now. Typical tractor engine life used to be 2000-4000 hours. Now it's 6000-12000 hours. Oils better, filters are better, and the engines themselves are much better

Matt,

Thanks for the info on the LED light. I'll see if I can find one.

Norm

Rainy day, today. Yesterday was too nice, I guess. This isn't cub abuse, is it?:
192971.jpg

First mowing of the campground this year. The tired old 123 chugged along for over 5 hours - and used over a quart of oil! I like the 42" pin on deck for high grass - it doesn't plug up easily.
smile.gif

Oh Oh, Dennis - I think we disagree...

I'm not disallowing the need for DATA (see my profile, LOL).. but I'm not so sure that a <u>stock</u> Kohler operated within normal operating parameters, with proper maintenance needs a bunch of gauges (but then, I know that 55 MPH on my F100 is about 39 PSI on the Pontiac engine, because we've got an oil pressure gauge, but no operating speedo, so you can see where I stand on gauges
clappy.gif
)

Of course, that all goes out the window when you start operating at the edge of the design envelope, especially with higher compression on an air cooled engine.

SO, here's something - if you were going to run just ONE gauge, what would it be?? On my 129, it's a Hobbs hour meter.

I have a 127 with an electric lift. My question is whether or not the shaft should be lubricated. I see no place to add lube or oil but the shaft does appear to have lubrication on it. There is a seal that appears to be in good shape and the unit seems to working fine. I just thought if it needs maintenance I ought to get on it.

GERRY - Already got amp & hour meters on all my CC's. So IF I CAN PUT JUST ONE MORE GAUGE ON them it would be probably a dual cht and oil temp gauge. I'd really like a tach but with the governor set for 3600 FL & about 3800 no load it's not really needed. Would be nice for setting speed with a GD when spraying however.

NEVER going to convince me that it isn't possible to over-heat a stock CC. You surely looked at Jeff D's pics correct?

Also drove a lot of cars & trucks where the speedo didn't work, but the oil pressure gauges did. My first car, '70 Nova with a tired 307 would hold 35 psi @ 2000 rpm when first warmed up, say 160 deg. coolant temp, but after running 65-70 mph for 3-4 hours was lucky to hold 25 psi. But strangely water temp was still about 165-170 deg. THATS the kind of info you get with gauges installed and monitored like Dave R. described.
Consider it SPC for your engines.

Back