• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 27, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brendan B. Not too bad looking little Cub. Thank you for the pictures. I may have some extra parts for that little critter if you need. I'd have to check what I have.

Mike W. Neat pic. Thank You.

Found out that I have to wait another week to bring the 1650 home. The gentleman made plans for this weekend. Oh, man.... waiting is hard to do sometimes.

I can said that one thing has not changed. I & DW have the same <font color="0000ff">FORD </font> Windstar
Thanks for the Pic Kraig.

Richard C:
On August 28, 2005 you described/showed the four 1 3/16" holes made in your 44A mower spindle cover to blow out grass clippings, etc.. While I'm waiting for a new pulley for my 50C deck to arrive I'm thinking about putting in a garden hose adapter to flush out the cover, or more likely, drill holes like yours and use compressed air to clean. Are you and Roland Bedell satisfied with how this modification has worked out? Is there anything you would do different?

Roy N.-

DO NOT use a garden hose to clean your deck, there isn't much paint under that cover, you'll simply accelerate the decay of your deck. I just rebuilt a 50C that had a lot of damage under there. There is a plate that bolts to the top of the deck skin under the spindles, and if water gets under it, it's likely to stay there for awhile. I always use compressed air to clean my decks.

There were also some great one liners following the photo sequence of Frank W. and Ken W. as I recall.

Charlie-
<font color="ff0000">A</font><font color="0000ff">L</font><font color="ff0000">I</font><font color="0000ff">V</font><font color="ff0000">E</font> and <font color="0000ff">K</font><font color="ff0000">I</font><font color="0000ff">C</font><font color="ff0000">K</font><font color="0000ff">I</font><font color="ff0000">N</font><font color="0000ff">G</font>.....
wink.gif

Thanks

Hi everyone.

I'm well,thanks. It's been an incredibly draining and busy 2 1/2 years since the boys were born. Anybody with twins or multiples can attest to that! I've been checking in from time to time,when there's time,just lurkin'. It looks like everything is going well here,I hope tonight finds everybody in good health and with a reasonable amount of remaining sanity. We did fire up my brother's "D" the other day to mow some weeds. That was the tipping factor in returning to the forum now. That motor just freaking ROCKS!
TTFN

Oh yea,
For you guys having problems with set screws. This may be the reason, well that and your Cub is 40 years old!
61715.jpg

Here's one for a quieter 100 too.
61716.jpg

Boner,

Good to see you back man!!!!

Roy N.
I highly recommend the holes in the mower deck cover. I've used them a couple of seasons now and always blow them out with air after each use. At the end of the year you can pull the cover off and it will be as clean as when you started. Before I added the holes I used to remove the cover several times a year and clean my decks but I would still get rust from the dead grass packed in the corners.

As far as water goes it will do more damage than good.

My 100 has that silencing mod. but I don't think it's as quiet as the 73 with the button style muffler I have. I also have a 38" deck that was butchered for the sake of wider tires, damned shame

Richard,

Thanks for the advice, and I'll go with the air hole route. I also noted back in 2004 you were going to add bolts to the inner plate near the hangers and between the spindles of the 50" deck. Did that help with preventing dirt and adding strength?

Roy

Roy N:

I mirror Richard C's experience. Richard cut round holes in the cover, while I cut rectangular ones. None the less, the principal is the same.

thumbsup.gif

First Post! Recieved a basket case 1450 Cub awhile back. I would like to get this Cub back in useable condition. Right now I am trying to get the engine up and running. It was supposedly rebuilt before being boxed up. All the accessories are not in the boxes of parts. It appears to have had a breakerless ignition but there is no trigger module or anything on the flywheel to pulse it. This engine has a tag on it but some of the numbers are missing. What I can see is K321XXX, 6026XXX, SR# 64006XX where the (X) indicates missing numbers or letters. Are there any pictured of what these components look like on the engine?
Thanks in advance, Bill

I'll second the opinion that ANY water hose action on these cubs WILL produce more rust under the bolt heads & nuts and at all metal joints & body seams than if you simply wet-wipe them off. I ONLY use an air hose to blow off then MAYBE a wet rag - but NO hose action.

Henri C.,
Although the button-style muffler may be quieter, I'd guess that it is more restrictive to exhaust gas flow.
Personally, I'd rather have a less restrictive muffler and wear ear plugs than choke off my Kohler's power-making ability.....
Just my humble opinion,
Ryan W
beerchug.gif

Back