Archive through June 26, 2018

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the spacer shims yesterday and mounted the deck up this AM.
95% of the looseness is gone, I suspect the remaining 5% is inherent to the bearing assemblies.
Cuts better than it ever has.

Now, if I could just get the 128 to hold a set RPM's with out wandering all over the scale requiring constant attention to the throttle lever...
Tension on the cable is tight and I set the governor according to the book. Must be something I overlooked.

David S-both the throttles on my 1450 and 149 shimmy down while in operation,I trace my problems to the throttle lever being lose on the bracket under the dash just my two cents

I got the pins out on the clutch drive plate, would it be ok to use 3/8" X 1-3/4" instead of 3/8" X 1-1/2" ? That's all I could find at the store . I don't know if it would be a good idea to cut them down or not. What do you guys think. Thanks

Ethan, I don't believe its a cable issue as it is tight w/a capital 'T'.
Just seems like it wants to run away RPM wise every so often, like a governor issue.

Springs in wrong holes maybe, but they are like shown in the manual. Governor arm spring in 3rd hole from the bottom and second hole down on the other end of the spring in the short arm.

David S,

Sounds like you have the spring in the right place.
Have you checked to see if the governor arm is adjusted correctly?

I think you are supposed to move the arm all the way to the right, and turn the governor shaft all the way to the left and tighten.

If that don't work, I would guess a governor issue.

David S-I agree with Marty if all’s well with throttle cable then the governor is suspect

Jonathan, I don't think it would hurt, but if you do, check rotating clearances before you run the engine. Just rotate by hand and watch

Jonathan S.
Longer pins will not hurt a thing, as long as you really got spirol pins with more than one roll to them.

Digger.. Yes they have more then 1 spiral , just like what came off it only a lil bit longer. Also picked up a 2pc split locking collar for the driveshaft. thanks again guys.

Latest posts

Back