• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 26, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Allan,
The article did say he was hauling scrap - so maybe that was a junk alternator he had thrown into the trailer. You can also see the s/g on the ground next to the tractor.

Terry, From the article, I was able to get a phone number for him... I can email it to you or anyone if needed..

Luther
After you split the 124, it is much easier to handle, or work on, the creeper if you take it off the front of the transmission - just 4 bolts and its off.

Thanks Wayne. Got it apart and ordered parts. Pictures later.
Luther

Regarding that accident - WOW!!! I hope he's alright. One has to be VERY careful when driving any kind of equipment on the highway, and use the same level of care (if not more) than when driving an automobile.

It's lucky, though, that his Cubbie is as tough as it is - a more modern lawn tractor with plastic and cheap stamped metal might have folded like an accordion, and his injuries might have been worse.

allen this is where id start if i where him
war.gif
poof.gif
flame.gif
bazooka.gif
animatedihbear.gif
and now to my cub when is too much oil burning too much i need to make it thru the summer and do the rebuild in the winter, i use about a qaurt every 3 acres of cutting on my stock 128

Jeff...All the Forums horses and all the Forums men ain't gonna put that Humpty Cubby back together again!
shhh.gif

As for oil burning...someone recently put 40wt oil in their tractor and cut back on smoke. Then there is thick stuff (motor honey?) you can get at a car store that might help.
But remember this is only good in the Summer...got to drain it for winter use with the proper oil.

Ive never tried this but I was told once by a used car dealer that he used synthetic oil in cars that burnt oil because you couldnt see it burning, I dont know if its true or not but maybe someone could try it in a cub and post the results...i might try it in the 125 next oil change, its time for a rebuild anyway..

Northern Maine -- Saturday Night -- Deep Doo Doo.
Story: I spent a lot of today getting 123 (Yorkie) to the point that I thought she was ready to go to work (because I've been thinking she's going to replace 149 (Fernando). I've changed the hydro oil and filter. Part of this was she sat for about a week with no rear cover or hydro oil. Backed her out of the CubHouse this afternoon, drove her around back and hooked up to a disk. Started forward, moved about 10 feet, and lost forward motion. Then, no reverse. Throttle up, no help. Throttle down, inch forward. Slowly got back inside (and this up an incline). Linkages are working properly. Relief valves aren't stuck.
Where'd I lose the pump pressure? It seems to come and go. (Trans is full, double checked, added to . . . )
Is it too much of a coincidence for 2 relief valves to go bad at the same time? (No leakage).
I'm going to have to split this tractor, aren't I?
That's OK, that's one of the reasons (initiaton with 105 nearly 10 years ago) that attracted me to these cubs. Sometimes I wish that my initial attraction had been to the Wide Frames!!
1a_scratchhead.gif

Don T:
beerchug.gif
Don't call -- post. I'm outa here
bubbly.gif

Frank i think there is a valve in there that controls all the pressure,lol I would check the pump pressure before i take a fit lol. Later Don T
1a_scratchhead.gif

Frank C ,, if the charge pump relife valve is sticking and not letting the pump build pressure it can give that effect. I think i seen a post that you should have ??
1a_scratchhead.gif
800 lbs pressure at full throttle. someone corect me please, but i know thereis a port to check the pressure. Later Don T
old.gif

(or just a glob and a suction problem)
banned1.gif

Frank; One of my 127 s done that very thing. It would reverse pretty good and it ended up being a roll pin broke at the rear of the driveshaft. Someone had put the wrong pin in it.

I have a 129 and I am rebuilding the front PTO clutch. I find that when I reinstall it on the engine, two of the three conical set screws can be run all the way past the bearing on the end of the crank shaft and drop behind the clutch plate. The bearing seems to be in good shape.
To counter this problem I did the following: Screwed all the set screws in just far enough to clear the bearing. Install the clutch on the bearing. Turn each screw four complete turn so they are behind the bearing. The screw that didn't drive all the way through took only two turns to bottom out.
Is this OK? Should I do something else?
Your thoughts are greatly appreciated.

On the Cub v car. Hope the gentlemen is doing
well. If he was that close to the edge of the
road/curb, why was the honda that close? Cub
looked fixable. Wonder if the honda was totaled?LOL.

Adrian:
Nor a pressure washer......
clappy.gif

I'm cutting that "driveshaft" out... we'll see what the input shaft looks like
uhoh.gif

Back