Archive through June 25, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
<font size="+1">ATTENTION</font>

Off topic material to follow !

Here are a few pics of one manufacturer's solution to the often discussed, of late, possibilities of fluid cooling within the confines of a small Kohler powered tractor.

I had to dig way back in the depths of the shed and drag a light along so please excuse the photo quality.

Interesting PTO clutch set-up. If any of you guys have worked on one of these you know what fun they are ! !
<center>
19902.jpg

19903.jpg

19904.jpg

19905.jpg
</center>

Howdy Fellas,
Hope everyone is planning on posting all of their pictures of the RPRU. Great fun just to see the photos

Question--I have a model 1 tiller with original gearbox/bracket. Would the newer model tillers mount to the same unit, or do I need to get a later model gearbox/bracket to go with tne later made tiller?

Thanks in advance. You guys are a great help.

Bart M. -

Depends on what you define as "newer".

Newer as in those made by MTD? No. Not even with new mounting hardware. They're not made for these tractors.

Newer as in the <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> model 2 or 2B? Checking the CPE-2 parts book, I don't see why not.

Newer as in the <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> model 1A? Definitely.

Those familiar with Little G-
I see the Little G garden tractor club is lining up 3 houses down from me. Wonder what all makes of garden tractors show up . .. . . . . then again it is called <font color="119911">Little G</font> for a reason
happy.gif

I was a member for a few years, got tired of Cubs being an "also mentioned" model within the club.

I suppose www.ihcubcadet.com appearing as the main topic of a recent Little G newsletter was a fluke.

Once Dan H. started showing up, Cub Cadets got a whole lot more respect. Sure there's a lot of green, cuz Little G pretty much started with a JD bent - duh
wink.gif

It's like saying JD's are an "also mentioned" at Plow Days. Of course, it started as a Cub Cadet only event...

Only thing I can do without at Little G are the Maid-Rites. Ewwwwwww...

BRYAN - You could always take some WHITE CASTLE's to Go.... :) Sorry.... Couldn't resist....

Denny -

Hmmmm - a great idea! And they're building one nearby that's kinda on the way!

Mmmmm - sliders...

Can I get the part number for the electronic module on a 1000? How much are they to replace?

thanks,
Dave

David G.
If your talkin about the Regulator assembly that has 3 terminals and mounts with two screws. It's PN/ KH-25-755-03

They will run you from 40 to 58 bucks, I'm sure one of the sponsors above can set up up with one.

(Message edited by cProctor on June 27, 2004)

David G:

If the 'electronic module' you are referring to is the voltage regulator (mounted on the right side of the engine's flywheel shroud) it is Kohler part number: KH-25-755-03 Regulator. That is the only thing 'electronic' on a QL that I know of...

They are held on with 2 bolts that thread into the shroud. Just slide the wiring connection off, unbolt the old one (or unbolt it first..which ever is easier), and replace it...takes just a minute or two.

The one I bought last summer was a over $30 though.....

Is the 'clock' messed up? When I started typing Charlie's post wasn't there. I didn't think I typed -that- slow....LOL

(Message edited by bcook on June 27, 2004)

Thanks for the welcome guys!!

Looking forward to learning more about Cub Cadets from you folks!

Hopefully I can add to this board also...and not be too big of a PITA.

I got to see #261 twice today on its way through Tiskilwa to and from Bureau JCT on the old Rock Island Line. I've only seen #261 once before and it was moving about 60 mph the first time. Today it was only doing about 20 -30 through town. What a sight! Here are some pictures of the monarch. (note the Amtrak engine in tow behind the coal tender car).

19913.jpg

19914.jpg

19915.jpg

19916.jpg

Jared:

#261...Is it Oil or Coal fired?

They have to ruin a great photo with that diesel stuck in between a beauty and those Heavy Weights.

Not a true Cub question but it says Cub so here goes.

Does any body know where I can get the torque and head bolt seguence specs for the 60 cid engine in a Lo Boy 184. I purchased a cd a while back with it but misplaced it and want to finish my rebuild job this week.

When I pick up the throw-out bearing ($125) for the 184, the Case IH dealer is supposed give me a price for a 12" rim that mounts 26x12x12 tires. The rim is on one of the Compacts that was in their show room. Could not find it in catalog so he was going to get me the price. Appear to measure 11" wide. I know every once in a while somebody wants to find a wheel to mount 26x12x12's. I am afraid it will be high since it is a dealer item.

Just wanted to let everyone know that the phone # at Dads were the Business was based has been changed without me geting the proper notice from him to get a seperate line out to the shop. So for right now there is no phone number for Urschels CCC hope to have it back up soon.

Had a great time at Red Power and enjoyed talking with a lot of you.

Bryan-
I was wrong, only ones that shoed up were Red tractors. But I did get an earfull about certain customized tractors and how the "paint color is too orange and he might as well blast them all down and get the right color" . . . I gave up, some folks believe that even after 30 years their paint hasn't faded.

In the parade was a 100 that's VERY similar (at least to memory) to Big Steve's 100 as far as retaining the manual lift, but uses a narrow frame hydraulic lift unit to operate a 3-point hitch. In this case it operates a 3-point from a Sears tractor.
19921.jpg

YAY! 261 runs 50 yards out my back door Tuesday morning.

looking for any info on mounting a brinly spring assist on my cc 70 3 pt thanks in advance

Had a great time at RPRU.....talked to many new and old faces.

Enjoyed the time with Paul Bell, Jim Chabot, Hugh Simon, Glen E., Pat I, Mark P., Hank Will, the Sell Brothers, Nick G., Urschels, Mike M., Brad D., Julian Stahl, Nick Q., Kelly B., and everybody else I'm not remembering off the top of my head.

The show was perfect...great weather and a good selection of things to see. There was some good tractor pulling action on both Friday and Saturday (including a 660 that didn't know it couldn't pull against 1466's --- the Garrett twin drive 400 --- a HOT 560 ---- a 5 year old on a GT puller that got the biggest crowd response all day --- and some typical 1468 V-8's that crapped out WAY before the 436/466 motors!!!!!).

Cub Cadet numbers were good, but possibly a little short on "long time" forum members. Tom Peters had a nice display, and the collection of pre-production Originals owned by Paul Bell, Jim C., and Harold Schram was impressive. Getting to talk with Harold was a highlight...a great "living resource". Jim C's family was there and Danny and Steven III had a good time.

Several of us had a very nice conversation with Hank Will, glad I finally had a chance to talk with him in person (and twist his arm about showing up at PD this fall
happy.gif
happy.gif
...didn't take much twisting)

Touring the show grounds with Steven III was a BLAST!!!!! He was really into everything and smiled the whole time. Dad's (Bob's) new people mover mad for a great way to tour the show, especially in the evening after it quieted down.

Like I said before...a very enjoyable weekend.

(Message edited by sblunier on June 27, 2004)

Latest posts

Back