• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 22, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A note for the last post: I made it this way so if I want to put the utility box back on I just remove the ball and the top bolt and the box goes right on.

Pretty neat piece, Bob.

Don't forget that you can edit a post within 30 minutes of the original post.
smile.gif

Bob P, Good to see you posting again. How did your Haban sickle bar project come out. I think it was last year. You inspired me to get mine put together. I mounted mine on my 125 and use it quit often this time of year. Kraig, where was that mow in. That would be fun! Of course getting together with other people with tractors is just fun.

Ok, so a guy emails and ask for PTO and linkage parts for his 149,HE THINKS.
240425.jpg

He's not sure which PTO he needs so I tell him to send me some pics of the tractor and the PTO.
240426.jpg

240427.jpg

Needless to say there's gonna have to be a phone call or two in his future.

Charlie "Digger" Proctor

That PTO set up must have given you a good giggle lol. Wow I`am amazed what some people will come up with .
1a_scratchhead.gif

Charlie, I wonder if the owner is any relation to old Joe...?
happy.gif
Any idea what that big rockshaft up front is for?

Melody, that was Mow Day out east back in June 2002. I have a bunch of photos that were sent to me by 5 of the people that attended. I believe it was in Connecticut. Here's some info I have on it from from an email from Kenny Weimann that he sent me a couple days after the get together:

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

Let's see if memory serves me:

Joe Motuzick (event was at his grandfather's (now uncle's) vacation property)

Ken (Nasty) Blankschein (No tractor)

Colin Brown (restored 129)

Kenny Weimann (Spirit of '76)

William (Bill) DeTurck (who came all the way from Pittsburgh area, 7 hours)
(two Originals, one with dual wheels) might of had 3, not sure.

Dave Chester (147)

George Hannigan and Son (169 and Wheel Horse Charger 10 hp)

Art (no last name, college friend of Joe Motuzick's) Had about 7 various
Cubs.

Rich Julian (86 with Haban Sickle Bar)

Russ Tolles and son with friend (just visiting from Orange show)

Fred Dickess with his father in law Doug (129 he got from auction for 130
bucks, nice)

I think that's it. About 15 people, maybe more.

Email Joe Motuzick to keep me honest.

Kenny<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

YES! Another 109! lol. Whatchya gonna do with it? Restore/refurb? or just run it the way it is?

Thank you, Charlie.

If I am not careful, I might get this 1250 done to the point where I just might be proud of it. Parts are either in hand or on the way. I'll be getting the engine cradle to the welding shop for modification and the steering box cover/bolt to the same shop for straitening early this week. Next is the front axle squeeze and repair the drive shaft. I think I have those jobs figured out.

Thank you so much, everyone, for the support. Without the detailed FAQ lessons, and the PDF of the service manual; and above all, the support and encouragement I get here, I wouldn't have a clue as to how to proceed. One great thing I have noticed about the 1250, so far, is that for as rugged as the machine is constructed, it is rather simple to repair. I am hopeful that I'll have this thing presentable for the Rollag show, August 31-September 3, 2012.

The only things that should be green and yellow are the NDSU Bison. GO Bison!

ANDREW - The correct answer to that question is "Maybe" with a disclaimer of "It Depends".

Not all 26-12.00X12 tires are the same size. A smaller brand/style of tire has a better chance of fitting that other larger barnds/styles. The Firestone's on my 982 run small, and I've seen them fit on CC's without modification. But the tires get really close to the lip of the fenders... so no running tire chains on them, and if you're like me, you rest your hands on the fenders sometimes, DO NOT curl your fingers around the lip of the fender... the lugs on the tires will hit them with very painful and possibly great bodily harm.

Well got the 1650 back together. Had the cross shaft for the governor gear unscrew from the block and take off 6 teeth. Tried to fish the gear out but didn't work. Had to pull the crank and cam shaft out of it but running good again . Can't stop these old machines

Matt,
Look's too big(tall) for an 800 engine, and the air cleaner is the wrong shape for an 800, should be oval.

I would like to see more pictures of the front of the engine AND tractor. Trying to figure out what all that extra hardware does.

Paul-

Yeah, you're right. I must not have been completely awake yet when I first saw the picture
blush.gif

I wonder if it's out of a JD or something...didn't they use an AQS engine with a taller air cleaner housing?

Melody

The Haban is still in the shed protected from the weather. It's been a real whirl wind around here and I haven't started the restoration. Ultimately I thought it would be a nice show piece for my restored 71 but thats not completed either. I have restored some other color tractors to different specs for people and done many repair jobs for people. I have a red tractor (frame up resto) thats waiting on decals to complete that project.

Let's see if I can make this legal.

In this photo the grill is missing on my 126 but I have it and it's not completely flat. Whats the best way to restore it without damaging the fins? If I remember correctly these are hard to find so I don't want to screw it up! This is a real question! I removed it with the little spring holders and put them up so they would not suffer further damage.

240452.jpg

I have had the pleasure of working on 60's Bolens, Cubs, JD's, 70's Bolens, WH's, 80's WH's/Toro's, 90's Bolens/Gardenway and 00's many others. I must say, overall not one of them beat the strength and durability of the narrow frame Cub's! DISCLAIMER: I haven't had a wide frame so I can't include them! There are different parts of each that might be nicer separately. I believe my favorite thing on any tractor is the rocking foot pedal driven hydro trans. Overall the Cub's have them beat! I'm still amazed every time I remove the rear cover off a trans. The precision and durability is just awesome!

Kinda got on a rant there but I needed to say it!

Back