• If you're having trouble logging into your account , you can Reset Password
Kirk Engines, Inc Cub Cadet Used Parts CADET CONNECTION Cub Cadet Specialties Cub Cadet Specialties

Archive through June 21, 2019

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Forum:

kide

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Gerry Ide
Charlie - did you show him?

rvanmersbergen

displayname
Ray Van Mersbergen
Found a Vermeer trencher on a Cub 147 today. Think it is a 147 A model. Anyone know about these?

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
Ray M.
Search the forum for Vermeer. ;-)
326001.jpg

twthompson

displayname
Tim Thompson
OK guys, I need help. I am working on a CC 127. My brother-in-law put a new wiring harness, new voltage regulator, and a new key switch in it. It has several issues but I started with the issue of the battery not charging. I assumed that was an easy fix, just polarize the voltage regulator. I tried that and smoked the voltage regulator. OK....it's an electro-mechanical device so I attempted to fix it by replacing the wire that I thought I had burnt. When I hook the battery up now, it rolls the tractor over without me touching the ignition key. Next I suspect either the wiring or the switch is the culprit. I have checked and double checked and they both seemed ok. So, I ordered a new voltage regulator and installed it. The tractor still rolls over when I hook up the battery. The problem is not the solenoid. It appears voltage is feeding through the regulator to the starter although I am surprised that it will carry enough current without smoking something else. Any ideas? Please!

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
Tim, there are at least two versions of the voltage regulator, are you sure you have the correct one and that it's connected up correctly?

326003.jpg

326004.jpg