• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 21, 2019

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gerry,
greenthumb.gif

Found a Vermeer trencher on a Cub 147 today. Think it is a 147 A model. Anyone know about these?

OK guys, I need help. I am working on a CC 127. My brother-in-law put a new wiring harness, new voltage regulator, and a new key switch in it. It has several issues but I started with the issue of the battery not charging. I assumed that was an easy fix, just polarize the voltage regulator. I tried that and smoked the voltage regulator. OK....it's an electro-mechanical device so I attempted to fix it by replacing the wire that I thought I had burnt. When I hook the battery up now, it rolls the tractor over without me touching the ignition key. Next I suspect either the wiring or the switch is the culprit. I have checked and double checked and they both seemed ok. So, I ordered a new voltage regulator and installed it. The tractor still rolls over when I hook up the battery. The problem is not the solenoid. It appears voltage is feeding through the regulator to the starter although I am surprised that it will carry enough current without smoking something else. Any ideas? Please!

Tim, there are at least two versions of the voltage regulator, are you sure you have the correct one and that it's connected up correctly?

326003.jpg

326004.jpg

Back