• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 18, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank God I live in the State of Illinois, and not the State of Chicago!!!!!!

Several years ago, there was a state tourism promotional campaign which used the phrase "Just outside your own back door, there's a place called Illinois." I have it on pretty good authority (a buddy that worked for the main agency involved in the campaign) that the original words were "Just outside Chicago, there's a place called Illinois."

SB -

I'm not sure you can blame it on Chicago - I think the fair majority of the tollway system sits outside the city limits. With their posh, futuristic HQ in Downers Grove, I don't see a lot of Chicago influence on their board...

Steve, Bryan, and Bruce,
I think you can put a lot of blame on that no good piece of John Deere,
censored.gif
, Govener Blow
banned1.gif
. The truckers are REALLY taking it in the shorts on this one.

Tom H. -

Please, tell us how you feel...
lol.gif

Yes, we're definitely taking the Rod up the a$$ with this gov.

Sigh, whatever happened to the good ol' days of Jim Thompson?

Speaking of tolls, it'll be interesting to see what happens on the Skyway now that control is passing from the city to a private firm.

What really P---es me off is that he raided the Highway fund ($$ to build roads(like 53 north)/my bread and butter) to fund every other dead beat state agency.

Well I sure as hell didn't vote for him!!!!!

I can see why you're pissed Tom...I would be too!!

53 North will never happen in my lifetime.
<font size="-2">... as long as Long Grove is around. :)</font>

I think you guys just need to accept the social engineering that your neighbors voted for.
clappy.gif

SB -

You're from outside Chicago and ya didn't vote for the Dem? Duhhhhhhh...
lol.gif

Jeff E. -

Or as long as we have a store there
wink.gif

Actually, Long Grove could stand to have a highway go near it, it needs the traffic, it needs a nearby motel, and it needs these nouveau riche to get the **** outta town! They don't like the downtown district because we "disturb" the flow of their BMWs, Hummers and yahoos that dress up like they're in the Tour de France every weekend. I'm sure they'd just as soon rip the covered bridge out, too.

If you ever wanna see a bunch of pompous a$$es, just drop in on their "architectural committee" sometime. Sheesh!

OK, I guess we better put a cork in it. We've gone well beyond what's allowed even in the Sandbox
lol.gif

Bryan- Thanks for posting the toll info. Looks like we need to take senic routes around Chicago.

That photo I posted below of the Rodeo hauling the Cadet Spirit of 76 Lawn tractor was taken when I sold it to Art Aytay. Well I bought it back and last night I hauled it home again. :eek:)

Kraig-
Technically it isn't SOLD yet since I have yet to see any.......um........MONEY!!!!
roflol.gif

<font size="-2">Remember, I know where you live, and if I can't get in the shed, then I just take the whole damn shed!!!!</font>
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Here's a pic of my "Binder Finder"
1997 Ford F-350 7.3 'Stroke 78,xxx miles 4x4
Shown here pullin my "Odd-Job" 122 Which pulled my 169 rebuild frame on the trailer for power washin..Side gate on the trailer was there when I bought it and it is the best part of the deal..
24566.jpg

24567.jpg

Tyler...It's clean now...All my snow is melted and 54 degrees here this morning..It'll be a great day for a wax job...

This one is mine for right now, sellin'er though because she's too long to be kept here at NCSU, too many people running around carelessly here in their little Hondas and Toyotas. Pulls what I do have good though (no Cubs here yet, my eyes are open though).

It's a 1995 F-250 XLT 4x4 SC LB, she aint a PSD though, its got the good ol' 460 gasser in it.

board-post.cgi

Latest posts

Back