• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 15, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JT, If ya try lookin for weights and can't find any,,,,,,,,I think Charlie bought them ALL .
lol.gif

Dean S.-

What do you mean, turf tires and chains won't do any good??

Let's see...I plowed with a 125 at PD10 with turfs and chains, and spun less that many, many people with lug tires. In the winter all I run is turfs and chains, with no problems. Heck, I've only got one pair of lug tires for my 4-5 working tractors...

I can't afford them so gonna cheat, got a stack of model A flywheels 4' tall. Just knock the ring gears off 4 and I got 300lbs. May even paint them yellow.

Digger:
I found a pair of weel weights that fit my 1450 "Free",each weighs175#. Have to bolt from inside of wheel. They definitely keep the 1450 planted to the ground. One thing that has amazed me is that I have not broken an axle pushing snow or plowing with it. I have been using them for over 3 years.

My 149 needs a tune up, and I want to do it which will be a new experience for me. Do I need a special tachometer and/or timing light to do the job right? Any recommendations? I've got my dad's tach and light from the 1970's when I worked on his car, but I don't know if these are suitable for working on a Kohler engine.

Digger,
It looks like the 26's make the rear of your tractor sit pretty high. Does that make it uncomfortable to drive? Seems like it would kind of "dump" you out of the front of the seat.

Jim T.
Actually I had already had myself tilted forward quite a bit with the tall seat bumpers.
59329.jpg

It helps the back ya know.
I'm going to add some 18's to the front to level it out a little. The whole purpose is to get more gorund clearance while following those GUYS with 12" plows from Illinois, LOL
They like to gang up on use low slung guys sometimes ya know!
biggrin.gif

Jim,
26-12-12 Firestones on rear and 3.50-6 tri ribs on front. Even at this amount of rake, it does not give you the feeling of being dumped out of the seat on this tractor. I know this pic really belongs on the pulling section, but wanted to show that 26-12-12's can be run on the round fender tractors without modification. It may not look like it, but there is about 1/4" of clearance between tire and fender.
59332.jpg

Kirk L.-

That might be fine on a pulling tractor, but you don't dare do that to a working tractor. Practically anything that sticks to the tire will mess up your fenders pretty bad I would imagine, with that small of a clearance. Plowing would be a disaster.

Latest posts

Back