Archive through June 14, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Donald - The USofA gets a lot of it's oil from Canada soooooo it's YOUR CRAP that we're dealing with !
tomato.gif

$1.26 a liter ?
At that price my 2 liter of Dr. Pepper would be $4.56 x 6 per week x tax would = $29.
Think I'll drink gas , it's cheaper !!

Dave R,
I beleive .$98 of Canuck money will buy $1 US.
To keep this on topic, I traded 2 blue and white off topic mowers for a model71 with an excellant deck,3 point and recoil start on the weekend. I also got a QA42A thrower for the 1650.I'll post some pics later.

Hey there KenTUCK - I was a wond'rin, since you were gone so long did you have to re-register so you could post?

And what's the story on that E15. I saw something about it being sold already in Minn for $0.80 per gal (yes that's 20 cents per quart, and NO I don't know how many liters or parts of a liter are in a qt). It's supposed to go in the cars/trucks marked FlexFuel.
Please correct me if I'm wrong?

And why are you using Ethonal in your Cub?

Hydro Harry
Old Cubs Never Die (they just play 'possum around KenTUCK)

HARRY - Your not thinking "E85" are you? 85% ethanol and 15% gasoline? It's been around for a couple years and required a "Flex-Fuel" vehicle to use. This new thing Ken's talking about is 15% ethanol and 85% gasoline for use in all our cars & trucks that have used 10% ethanol and 90% gasoline for years.

My opinion it's not worth worrying about. I went to Kwik-Trip and bought six gallon of 91 octane pure gasoline today, 5 gal for the 982 and a gallon for the chain saw, leaf blower, and weed wacker. Too bad they don't have #2 diesel for my truck! ;-(

Dennis - maybe it is E-85. Is it 80cents a gallon in Minn?

KenTUCK - where ya at?

Charlie - $50 bucks? That sounds like hi-way-rubbery.

Hydro Harry
Old Cubs Never Die (and they run on pure gasoline, like the white gas sold by Amoco)

Is it difficult to change out the rear seal in an "O"? I cannot imagine that it is that big of a deal. Everytime I run mine around the yard it leaks fluid out the left side of the rearend after I park her back in the shed.

Timothy - I'm thinking it's just a bushing not a seal.

Hydro - I had to try a couple times to get it right to sneak back in here. So far nobody knows I'm here 'cause I've not caused any trouble yet ... it's not dark yet
angel.gif

i have tried the impact wrench, screwdrivers, and even loosening the bolts which are welded. The screws are so badly rusted/stripped My next step is probably just to cut the bolt of and go with all new screws/bolts. But however i do like the way cub cadet welds the bolts fast to the metal.

Brandon W.-

You need to heat them with an oxyacetylene torch...that works every time. I don't know how some of you guys do anything without one.

Latest posts

Back