• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 10, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've used the choke to limp the 125 closer to the garage myself when I've run out of fuel. I usually only get about 10 feet closer though. Many years ago my #2 125 would run fine for about 30 minutes or so then would spit and sputter then stall. Choking it would help for a short while. After it sat and cooled down for 10 or 15 minutes it would start again and run for about 15 minutes then do it again. It ended up being the condenser. Sooo choking helping does not always indicate a fuel issue. Just saying...

Thanks to all that replied. My gas cap is vented, but I'll check to see if it is clogged. I'll also try the chocking tonight to see how it reacts. If I still have problems, I'll swap out condensers with the 149. I don't think it is a timing or gap setting issue since it starts and runs fine for a short while. Is that a safe assumption?

Choke got the 656 and the planter back to the end rows last night so I could wait for the fuel cans to show up near the gate and not 100yds out in the field!!!!

IH 263 cid GULPS fuel pulling a 6 row planter in soft dirt!!!!!

The "get hot then die" problem is always a fun one to troubleshoot.. If it keeps doing it, I'd carry a spark tester with me (maybe clipped to the engine already) and swap the plug wire to it as soon as I could... The other usual suspects are a fuel flow problem, an exhaust valve sticking open (not always apparent on a K motor with the ACR working, as they spin fairly fast and are already holding the exhaust open a little..) and plugged cooling fins... If it starts and runs fine after setting a little, it's probably not an internal (rod bearing seizing, no oil, etc.. ) problem... You can whip this one, we know ya can!!

Steve B.
1a_scratchhead.gif
bash.gif
bottom.gif

Sorry, that was in code....to decode, subsitiute the following words.....

656 = 582
Planter = mower
endrows = shed
263 CID = 16hp Briggs
6 row = 44" deck
soft dirt = tall grass

Gerry - Thanks for the encouragement. The pressure is on now. I'll find out tonight but the lack of fuel appears to make sense. I have MMO mixed in the fuel to clean the engine (when I get it running decent). Since I have a sediment bulb, I'll check the wire mesh filter for a plugged condition. I've been spoiled with this tractor since I bought it used in 1976.

Brian J,

If you don't find a fuel issue, check your points and the timing to see if it is off. Improper timing can cause a lack of power.

sediment bulb, i hear old timers call them that all the time. i wish mine had a light inside.

Latest posts

Back