Archive through June 09, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bryan,
Everytime I see that pictue I think it sould have a caption saying "I'm so damn cool driving this machine. Don't even think of asking if you can take it for a spin!"

I also heard that they are planning a "For Fun" L&G tractor pull at the Lake County show.

(Message edited by thoffman on June 11, 2005)

Anybody know of a material that can be used to fabricate the fiber washer between the bearing and lower bearing housing on mower deck spindles? I guess they are there to seal the bearing and maybe a hard gasket material might work. Maybe it's a bad idea.

Bill G,
I guess I'm dense today, is what your lookin for in this pic?
28595.jpg

Took a little road trip this morning to see the turn coat John L. LOL
He said this thing was corrupting his JD's!!!!
28597.jpg

28598.jpg

And here we go again, Just about the time you think you have seen it all!!!!!
28599.jpg

28600.jpg

I wonder how long it really did work before it FINALLY gave up!
clappy.gif

I have a 128 that needs the front pivot pin replaced and get the front end tightened up a bit. I think it was Steve "B" that posted his fix, but can't find it. Anyone out there that can post a few pix or has any info on the bolt size???

Charlie, I'm the one that was dense. I put the washer in the wrong place. It's the Friction Washer in the picture.
Since they are easy to break I thought it might be worthwhile to make them if the right material is used. I have at least one deck that doesn't have them.
Thanks for the picture,
Bill

Thanks Charlie, I wonder if it would be a ggod idea to take a grinder or lathe if I can use the one at work, and "Notch" it a bit to hold some grease? I think I would also have to cut the head of the bolt off to clear the oil pan.

(Message edited by thoffman on June 12, 2005)

Kraig Mac,

Thanks for the info on the front pto for my '67 122...I replaced the wear button and it works perfectly.

Are there any parts available for the fuel sediment bowl? I need the gasket for the bowl and some "packing" for the fuel shut off valve? It smells up the garage pretty bad even with the slight seepage it has. Also am looking to rebuild the carb, as it has lots of play in the throttle shaft.

BTW, below is a pic of her

Thanks,

Chad
28608.jpg

Chad,
You could use some thin string for the packing, always worked well on the ol' F-12's and get a gasket, but when it's all said and done most likely better to just get a new bowl assmbly..

Guys I need some help, trying to get the two connectors on the left side of this picture.

28610.jpg

The only numbers my dealer could find were the upper numbers (729-0177) and (729-0131)

When I orderd them they were just the plugs without the connectors. Can you get the connectors to go in the plugs or can you get the complete plugs with the connectors in them somewhere? Any help appreciated.

Richard C.
729-0177 & 729-0131 are the only one's still available from dealers. The other are NLA, but I seem to remember someone getting them from McMaster or C&G and while back.
Those other numbers are missing from the list.
28612.jpg

28613.jpg

(Message edited by cproctor on June 12, 2005)

Tom,

Just looked on the CC speciality site...I didn't realize that the parts were that cheap and I found the throttle shaft repair kit too.

Thanks,
Chad

Chad,

Use 2 or 3 1/8" rubber o-rings in place fo the packing on the fuel shut-off pet-cock.

Cub Cadet 1450 started fine this AM. Parked and shut off to load cart. Five minutes later Cadet wouldn't turn over to restart. Happened once before and after a few trys started normally. This time no joy. Ignition works. Brake is depressed, PTO switch is off all as required. When turned the starter clicks and hums but no turnover on the engine. I'm thinking perhaps brushes or that the starter motor is frozen/missing teeth. I haven't done anything in the hope 1. it will start or 2. a repair guru can hear the problem to identify a solution. Without hearing it I'm looking for ideas or a place to call to get me on the right track. I'm in Western PA. Help please I'm stuck and don't know what the problem might be. Before I search for a new starter motor (cost?) I'd like to know that I'm replacing what needs replaced. I'd hate to buy a new starter motor if all I need is brushes..

Steve,

Thanks for the info.
BTW, in your post on the 3/4" grade 8 bolts for the pivot pin. Where do you get those and the slotted nut. Do you recall the length and the thread pitch?

Chad

QUESTION:How do I adjust the governor? It seems as I take on ANY incline the engine really labors at least with the deck spinning. The slightest bit of thick grass and she really sloooowwws down.
replaced gaskets on case breather and put and end to the smoke. Replaced fuel bowl gasket, no more drip. Both cut from 1/8 inch cork sheet.

this questrion has probably been answered earlier but i couldnt find it in the faq. what is the setting for the clutch pedal on a 1200?

Gary- Be sure your battery has a full charge. Not enough power to engage starter.

Latest posts

Back