• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through June 07, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jerry B., sounds good on the sprayer. Appreciate the tips. I may get by the salvage yard this week, to scout for atv racks.

Allen, my property is up on a bluff about 200 or so feet above the upper St. Croix river, as Charlie said, if I flood out we are all in trouble. Here's a photo I took back in about 1993 from a friend's airplane. The trees around the house are a LOT bigger now.

87530.jpg

Here's a more recent photo from the town of Somerset website, I outlined the little bit of my property that made it into the photo.

87531.jpg

My neighbor's pole barn, the white roof in the lower photo has several old F series Farmall tractors in it. The RR bridge is ~185 feet above the river level and where it meets the bluff the tracks are about 15 or 20 feet below grade in a cut.

My pto brake shoes hole is wallered out a little and its letting the fingers jump out of their slots any you guys ever weld a washerover the hole to repair this problem

I have a 1450 Hydrostat won't start. Before I could n't get it started it was mowing fine until I scraped a large rock. After the scrape the the PTO started adjusting up and down on it's own before it stopped and the blades quit. I stopped the mower and shut it down. Now it won't restart. I thought maybe there is a safety feature that I have triggered. I took of the mower deck and looked to see if I could notice any damage underneath both the garden tractor and the deck. I don't see any but I'm not really sure what to look for either. If anyone has ideas before I take it to a local service place, I would really appreciate it.
Thanks in advance! Lauri}

HELP!!! I have bored my K301A 0.020 over, and to the 5/7 thousandths that the specs you guys gave me said to. My boss/machine shop owner said that the piston feels really loose in the bore, and he says it'll prolly beat itself to death if left like it is. the manual said for K301A engines with the style A piston like i have, 7/10 thousandths was the suggested clearance, but upon further investigation, 0.010 over is obviously a new piston size, and 0.007 is almost as big. He used to rebuild Kohler and Briggs engines, as well as Harley's, as he still does(Harly's that is, he hasn't had ant small engine stuff for ten+ years now...). Are these the correct clearances(piston ring) or do I have to go to 0.030 over?
Thanks Glen

I live on a ¼ to ½ mile mostly level gravel private road that gets pot holes fairly often. We used to have neighbors who drug it with his tractor and rear blade once every 6 months. Now this is no longer an option. I have been thinking about getting a rear blade or box scraper for my 126 to drag the bad spots in the road every few months so it doesn’t get too bad. Does anyone had any experience using an older NF cub for this kind of work that they would like to share? Also, does anyone have any options on Brinly and/or Agri-Fab rear blades and box scrapers and gravel driveways? I am not looking to do all of the road work with my Cub, just some periodic maintenance that will keep the road in better shape for longer.
My 126 has a creeper and 3 pt sleeve hitch. I also have two sents of wheel weights. I would probably need to get some ag tires.

Thanks for any advice.

cscannon

Glen:
Page 11.3 in the Kohler manual gives you the clearance requirements for the various style pistons.. I'd show that to the boss.(BTW - typically, you figure the bore needed, but then get the piston BEFORE boring the block...)

Latest posts

Back