• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 02, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya know!
Sometimes it pays to ask, Hey! is that thing For Sale.
biggrin.gif

Needless to say, I have a BIG GRIN on my face right now.
87363.jpg

87364.jpg

Brian, here's more info that should settle your questions.

87366.jpg

87367.jpg

87368.jpg

87369.jpg

87370.jpg

87371.jpg

87372.jpg

87373.jpg

Charlie, nice find! Dual hydraulics, nice cast weights (don't let Art see those!) intact tail lights. Looks like a decent 1450.
thumbsup.gif

James-
A 54GT will physically fit both. I have my doubts on how well an 1100 will run a 54GT. I run a 44GT on my 169.

That is what I wanted to know, it would be mainly for the 1650 but that one is a work in progress. Would I need the carrige or the mule drive for the 54gt or could I use the one for the 44A?

I have a 682 and don't know a lot about the attachments what do I need in order to hook a plow to my tractor

Anthony

Charlie...
thumbsup.gif
Ya ask that around here and all ya get is "nope...gonna fix er up one of these days" and all the rest have been snatched by scrappers who sit on a ridge top with 200x spotting scopes lookin for scrap to haul.

Just back after getting the cable back in service. Arrgggg... a couple of days without the net gives me the jitters... Anyhow, thanks for the advice on the 44A deck guys. The "lacing" as Kendell put it is only bad in two small areas where it even put a hole in the skin,,, but thats on the trailing edge, the upper skin is salvageable for sure. The "plate" is good to go also. Would I like everything to be NEW.... yes but a repair will have to do. I plan on using ,,,,,,,, gulp,,,,,,,, JB weld to fill and mate the plate to the skin. I'm also going to drill and use about 8, 1/4" bolts with fender washers up and down for mechanical attachment. I've "tweaked" all three spindle locations to flat,(BFH) beat the front of the deck out and straight edged the thing and used two by's and my weight to try to get it flat. (do not try this manuver after several cool tools)
uhoh.gif

And Kendell, to answer your question on cleaning the deck with water, which I would never do, I'm going to do the holes in the cover before all is said and done,.........when I first looked at the tractor it lived under a very makeshift shed and the deck was the repository of every rain that came thru for at least 30yrs. Pics. tomorrow. And if there is any good reason not to proceed with my plan of attack.... fire away.

James-
Just going off memory (because my stuff has been in storage for 2+ years), I believe I used the regular 44A/54A carriage & mule drive. Keep in mind that you'll need to change out the larger (5/8??)pulley on the deck for the smaller (3/8??) pulley.

NEED HELP

The 12hp in my loader tractor acted up today and has me stumped as to what went wrong.

Motor was running fine and I was traveling across the back yard back to the house when the motor startes spitting and sputtering.
Will only run decent at idle, try giving it more throttle and it sputters and will cough gas out the carb with the air filter off.

I check the gas flow, no restrictions.
I checks the points, plenty of spark and with adjustment of points can not get motor to run any batter.
Spark plug is good.

I even changed out the carb to eliminate blockage in the carb, still no difference, will only run decent at idle.
Will fire right up on 2nd or 3rd turn of the motor.

This motor was overhauled last fall and has not given me a bit of trouble until today.

WHAT could be causeing this, and how do I fix the problem.

Lonny B.
Remember a few years ago I had the same problem.
I changed the condenser and it fixed it.
Might be worth a shot/fix.

Thanks Charlie, I'll give it a try tomarrow after I get up.
Right now I am stuck here at work for another 8 hours.

Richard:
Welcome back..
Wasn't trying to rain on your parade - just stressing the importance of the spindle deck being strong enough - I couldn't tell how bad it was from the pics. And don't get me wrong, I'd rather bring back a deck from the "dead", even if it does mean a little filler in the pock marks....
thumbsup.gif

Lonnie :
With the price of gas, better hang a spit cup under the carb..

Anybody know a real close paint match for the white brinly plows?? many thanks, dustin

Charlie
I have a set of wheel weights like those on the 1450 you posted the picture of, but don't know what brand they are, do you know?

Well, not a good start. Fired up the 100 and the driveshaft came loose from the creeper. Bent the drive shaft and dented the frame right under the steering tower. At this point. I'm looking for some direction and advise. As always, neither of my cubs would be running without this forum. Thanks in advance, Greg

54GT Decks

RE: Fittment of 54GT to tractors made prior to the 1862/1864 style Cyclops with fender mounted fuel tank.

The 54GT is NOT a bolt on deck for xx8/9, QL, or 82 series tractors. The 54GT is made for tractors with significantly more ground clearance and the subframe hangers reflect this. The mule drive is different and will not directly snap on to the QA hooks of an xx8/9, QL, or 82 series. I know this because I've been there, done that, and bought the T-shirt!!!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif

I was able to successfully mount a 54GT deck to one of my 782's with several modifications.

1) Mule drive was swapped out for a 44/50C style to get it to hook on (you could also replace the QA bail/latch with one off of an 1864).

2) Hangers were a combination of xx8/9 and 82 seris offset and adjustable links...just keep trying till it works.

3) Front deck skin "lip" behind right front wheel needed to be heated and rolled up to clear the front tire in a hard right turn.

4) Center pulley was replaced with "speed up" pulley off of 44/50C deck due to the small clutch driver on the 82 series engine (1864 is much larger). This corrects the deck speed.

5) New belt from NAPA

Even with these modifiactions, the deck will only lift to about 4-1/2" and removal REQUIRES a floor jack...it won't even come close to sliding out the side.

The 54GT BARELY fits front to back on my 782, and if I would have taller front tires (like some brands of tires are) or Firestone rears it flat out would not fit.

Now the good side!!!!!

If you can get a 54GT to fit your tractor (I'd say 16hp is MIN. to run one "at speed") they are one hell of a nice cutting deck!!!! Throw a set of Gators on it and watch the grass fly...with pool table like appearance when you're done.

87375.jpg

87376.jpg

(The deck isn't running, Emma just wanted a ride)

BTW, my new ZTR has a 54" deck on it (exactly the same as the GT54 except for the hangers), and that's one of the big reasons I bought it......it is a NICE DECK, and I don't even have Gators on it yet!!!!!!

I just don't anyone thinking a GT54 is a bolt on for any wide frame....doable, at least in my case, but not without some skills in working with IH decks and subframes.

Paul B.
I sure don't.
I'm going back tomorrow with the trailer to bring it home, and I'll what the numbers are on them and see if I can find out.
I don't have them on the weights page, or the other 10 sets I have not loaded up yet, but I'll get that page updated soon.
thumbsup_old.gif

http://cubfaq.com/wheelweights.html

Back