• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 01, 2017

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dtrend

displayname
Don Trend
Digger, David. This must be an odd one. No hole on either side. My k301 has a hole like the one in your picture. It will be a challenge to drill a hole in the proper place.

Doug. There is a half moon slot as you've described. But with the starter/gen in place, I don't know how you could use a timing light to see the mark. Also, I'm not seeing a TDC or a BTDC mark on the flywheel. I think I'm going to pull the engine to clean up the flywheel and see if it's marked.

315104.jpg

From another site.

Attachments

• 315104.jpg
    315104.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 154
  • 315104.jpg
    315104.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 138
Doug, that's kind of hard to see. Is the line at the 9 o'clock position the BTDC line?

Thanks. But I'm going to have to pull the engine to clean and put a paint mark on the flywheel. Then, maybe I'll be able to see it with a timing light.

The timing sight hole for the K321 is on the bearing plate almost directly behind the s/g mounting bracket. Unless the "S" mark has been addressed with a cleaning and marked with a light color it will be very hard to find because of dirt and rust. I just refreshed a K321 that had the s/g bracket removed. I replaced both main seals so the flywheel had to be removed. I cleaned the S mark and even made it a little deeper (bolder) with a cold chisel. I then painted the mark area with white and the mark itself black. Once reassembled I centered the mark in the bearing plate hole. I then go around to the other side of the rear of the engine and make two marks, one on the flywheel screen (turns) and one on the flywheel shroud (stationary) right at one another. This also puts the mark on the points side. This becomes the timing mark and once the s/g and bracket are mounted it'll become obvious as to why. I will say the screen itself has to be "healthy" and mounted firmly. I've done this a bunch of times and it does make timing easier. I've done this on several K301s too just remember what I said about the firm mounting. Obviously the screen can't be loose for this method to work properly.

Hope this makes sense...

315113.jpg

Attachments

• 315113.jpg
    315113.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 146
  • 315113.jpg
    315113.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 157
Steve B. VERY NICE!!!!!
happy.gif

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 145
1a_scratchhead.gif
Can anyone post a pic of a narrow frame gear drive tractor with the shifter off and looking down into the trans.?
Gotta friend that says he no longer has reverse in his 104. I figure it has something to do with the linkage. Right?
Thanks!

Attachments

• 1a_scratchhead.gif
    1a_scratchhead.gif
    774 bytes · Views: 159
Shultzie,
Do a search for shift fork, You'll find tons of pics and info.
315117.jpg

Attachments

• 315117.jpg
    315117.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 159
  • 315117.jpg
    315117.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 147
Can someone help me out with the year and month of this serial number 112447.

Latest posts

Back