• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 31, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had my clutch part yesterday to replace the work throwout lever and measured the spring while I had it apart. It was 0.190" in diameter which was what others posted. I can't find the threads to confirm. How do I find old posts?

Sorry about continuing the dead horse beating.I couldn't resist.

Charlie et al -- Sorry for the rules violation and thanks for the reminder
shame.gif

Terry D -- I replied to your email message and included a link.

Looking for some insight on installing a 14hp kohler
into a 126. From what I have seen there is two ways to do so. Notch the frame like the 146 or install the fly wheel, bearing plate and cover from the 12hp to the 14 hp. will installing the parts from the 12hp to the 14 harm the motor?

John: It seems to me this question has been asked and answered before, but I can't remember when. I want to say that Dennis Frisk had some insight into your situation.

I would notch the frame and be done with it.....
lazerburn.gif

john g,

you could also build a small flywheel 14... do a search on it....

He has searched a small flywheel 14hp. That was part of his question...

He was asking if it would harm the engine.

My opinion is no, it won't as long as it is properly balanced. It will just get bogged down a tiny bit easier because it doesn't have the big flywheel to keep it turning.

John I have a 104 with a 14 with a 12 flywheel and it works great. But as Nic said it does bog down easier than I like under heavy load.

JEFF B. - As much as I am SO NOT a member of the correct police... I could NOT bring myself to notch the frame on my 72 to fit a K321 in it.

The only words of caution I was given about a small flywheel 14 hp Kohler was to try not to pull it real hard in 90 degree temps. Short bursts of higher load are O-K, just nothing for long periods of time.

LUTHER - My K321 isn't quite stock, but as long as I have it running half throttle it WILL accelerate. And that's the one thing a small flywheel 14 will do. I put the BIG flywheel back on the 12 HP and what was a real nice running 12 HP Kohler became an absolute slug. It would still lug the same as before, not any better, but wouldn't accelerate or pull any more. From everything I've read, you can not tell the difference between a heavy & light flywheel engine on a dyno, they don't make any more or less HP, they accelerate faster (light FW) or slower (heavy FW).

Example would be when breaking the 14 HP Kohler in, was trying to put some load on the engine, yard was damp, couldn't get ANY traction, so finally pulled the 7000 pound FARMALL M I was using as a tow weight into the frt yard and got on the driveway.... was about half throttle in 2nd gear.... both tires spinning, gave the engine full throttle and in a heart beat it was at 3600 RPM, both tires still spinning. A stock K321 Kohler with the stock flywheel would not have accelerated that fast.

Doug W. I converted the 106 to hydraulic brakes using calipers from a atv. I was able to mount those to the stock carriers and use the stock rotors. rear master from atv/motorcycle the key id to get as much as you can, hoses,fittings etc.

Latest posts

Back