• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 30, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
Wayne, me thinks that Glen may be going for this look with his Cub. And if one is going to make it look like it they may as well make it function like it.

228202.jpg

228203.jpg

I told the wife we needed to take a trailer with us this morning to go garage sailing. Good thing we did! LOL
228205.jpg

228206.jpg

Looks like the 129 has lights and both rear caps
and was the snow blower last mounted on the 127 ?

Charlie the lucky dog strikes again....

Hey all, Ive got a wiring gremlin thats got me stumped...i hooked all the wiring back up like the wiring diagram says to, and when i put the key in the switch and turn it to the ignition setting, my starter generator begins turning the engine over before i even flip all the way to the start position, i pulled off all the wiring again, triple checked to make sure the solenoid and switch werent stuck, and also checked the continuity with a volt meter...it all checks out like it should...what could be goin on?

On another note, Kraig...thats pretty much what I had in mind, but im just fertilizing thoughts for now, thank you for posting during your kitchen remodel, I really appreciate it.

Glen, pull the cover off the regulator and see if either of the relay contacts welded themselves together. Think a couple other guys played this game in the past year.

Allen, ill try that, the exterior of my VR isnt pretty (until i painted the cover) but the insides looked pristine, however ill take a look at the contacts...could it be anything else? maybe something stuck in the generator itself or a switch? im trying to rule out all the possibilities

Yup, contacts are free and clean...so that means its something else. back to the drawing board
facepalm.gif

Charlie,
Nice to keep one eye on the road and the other must be trained to find yeller tractors.What's up with the bigger tires on the 129.

Glen,
You need to check the wiring diagrams that are in the FAQ'S

Lewis, ive actually got the revised wiring diagram for the whole tractor in my hands currently..so far everything looks right but still trouble shooting....ill get it figured out eventually

Nice find BTW Charlie

I have gotten tired of sharpening lawn mower blades for my 5 Cub Cadets. Does anyone have any experience with the Oregon Blade Sharpener or any of the others? They are a bit pricy.

Fixed it, needed a new STA-CON, it was loose and touching the contacts on the ignition switch and messing with me.

The 108/128 all of the sudden wants to start acting like the ACR has quit functioning. The battery is almost new and reads 12.85 volts sitting still. I can (by hand) turn the engine a little past TDC and then it starts fine. It will actually turn and turn until it starts after that. If nothing is done it just won't turn over. It's just "dead in the water".

Has anyone ever experienced this and what could be going on? This has been a very dependable tractor and has always started.

Any ideas?????

Wayne Shytle

Just a thought is the ground to the starter gen making a good connection? The brushes in the SG could be worn and will ark and cause the sg not to turn . Can you switch it out with a running working SG ? Sounds like a SG rebuild is in order. later Don T

Thanks Don-

The s/g is the first thing I thought of but it seems to be working fine. The belt was loose a little but after tightening showed no change. It acts just like an ACR not working but like I said before, if I turn the engine just a little by hand it turns over and starts fine.

I never have a normal problem.

Dave G I ran an Oregon blade grinder for several years. The power was great, it really cuts downthe time it takes to sharpen a set of blades. If you have to sharpen alot of blades it is the way togo.

Dose any one know what type of hydralic oil the hydralic pumps that are mounted on the side of the old nf cubs use plese and think you
happy.gif

Wayne if the starter gen. checks out o k then i would check the timing. The points could have slipped a little.
Good score Charlie. Has the snow all melted yet ha ha? We have had over 100 heat index for a few days.The 650 mile yard sale Michigan to Alabama starts next week and the traffic is already getting congested. Next week you can average about 20 mph on highway US127.
Started to mow the lawn Friday with my 169 and it wouldn't start. The solenoid would click like it was working. so I disconected it and tested it and it tested good. Put it back on the tractor and it didn't work. So i hooked a voltmeter from the mounting bracket to ground and it showed 8 volts. Cleaned the mounting bolts and installed a ground strap and that fixed the problem.

JESSY GORDON

I think they (the pump) will work fine with just 30 weight engine oil.
old.gif

Latest posts

Back