• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 30, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbedell

displayname
Roland Bedell
Brian:

Charlie is right...

Here is an air flow diagram for the K Series Kohlers

63194.jpg

You just may have to pull the sheet metal off and do an inspect and/or massive cleaning.

thumbsup.gif

yes believe it or not leaded gas... we have a 300 gallon tank buried up at the camp and slowly over the years its been getting used up.. between the willies jeep, the gravely's and the international its slowly on its way out

@Roland: yea that main inlet is completely shrouded by a perf. "can" if you will that extends out about 8 or so inches (im sure you what i speak of)

does that grill on the actual motor just come off by way of those four screws?

im willing to bet the thing is plugged up... at the same time tho i think we might find a dealer/shop to give it an overhaul over the winter just for good measure, but ill definitely be checking this stuff out next time im up at the camp

thanks for all the advice thus far folks!

Brian:

Yup on the screen screws.

I run unleaded fuel in my 1450 and have NO problems. I blow out my cooling fins before every start up. I am amazed by what comes out after just one mowing job.

I suspect for the years, if no one has cleaned the fins, it maybe hard to blow out, in that it maybe grease and dirt impregnated and actually become hardened. The best way is just to lift the motor and pull off the shrouds. Then you can actually see what is inside. Clean it all up. Degrease the fins to prevent or minimize future plug ups, then put it back together. Your Kohler will breath a lot better for it.

Brian E - Mice like to build nest in there too
sad.gif

Paul F - If you want a less aggressive saw - turn it over ;) Feel free to send me a full size pic of that if ya want to, it's sweet lookin!

And just in case you don't know how to find my email address, It's in my profile, Kinda like where yours IS going to be.
err.gif

The loader has been lacking power. Thanks to a good friend, who donated a 147 roller to my collection, I have a good starting point for a rebuild. I pulled the engine, tore it down, and delivered it to the shop tonight. The crank needs to be ground and the shop will check the the condition of the bore. I should have it back in a week or so.

Thanks again Charlie, my loader thanks you too!

63211.jpg

63212.jpg

luthor... can't be the wrong s/g or s/g pulley...tractor has been in the family since new, and the s/g rebuilt once. i suspect, beyond the positioning of the crank pulley, that the mount for the s/g that bolts onto the block may be misaligned... is there a specific way to measure that or just use a pry bar and socket wrench and straight edge?

roland... unfortunately, the tractor is almost 3 hours away in the hands of my father (very capable ex farmer type) but isnt too savy with technology and barely has internet... so pics are hard :/

on a related note, some few years back, i remember seeing a pdf version of a repair manual for the 1x9 tractors... any idea where those might be found again??

Well, I sent my connecting rod out to Miller Small engine in Columbia MO, to have it bored out to fit bearings.

For those who have missed out, the crank in my K321 was wore to 1.485" (should be 1.500") so a .010 rod was even out of the question.

Brian had my rod back in about a week... I think it turned out pretty good. It's going to the machine shop in the morning to get the crank ground to match. we'll see if he made it right or not.

Here's the goods.
63220.jpg

the oiling hole was relocated to match the rod. I'm conviced the old hole will only hold oil and provide better oiling.
err.gif

63221.jpg

Oh, here's the rest of my 128 "resting"

If all goes well, I'll be mowing grass this weekend.

63225.jpg

63226.jpg

I really do believe that today's production of Cub decals are darker. Kinda of expensive also but you got to deal with it.

I had to laugh when I got my decals everything was there except the 1000 # decal's and my Dealer had somebody make that one. Got extra numbers in the shipment tho (1450's 1650's)plus the right side decal for an 1863. Go figure!!

Kraig: Problay be going to Steve's in the next week to 10 days. I'll get top and bottom side pictures for you. It was a very good looking job that he had done.

Took quite a few pictures of a 706 Int. NF last night can you see my next project being formulated? Oh yes!!!! LOL

Pops

Pops,
Sounds like you're planning to step WAY up on the power curve in tractors!
As I recall from my kidhood, the 706 was one SWEET tractor!
I hope you share your upcoming project progression with us over on the 'red power' or 'larger relatives' forum.....

(Psssst,,,,so Pops, are you leaning toward a 282 or the 310 diesel, gas or LP-powered 706?
whistling.gif
)
Ryan W
beerchug.gif

Ryan, I have a feeling that Pops might be planning a custom narrow front Cub Cadet.
63231.gif

Ryan: I really enjoy your enthusiasm 706 was one of my favorites also but (laughing) I want to make a Cub Cadet look like a 706 and have for a long time.

Someday I will be joining "red power" when I get a 300 NF bought!

Now before "Digger" slaps both of us up besides the head back to regular programing!!
old.gif

Pops

RYAN - Nuess D-310 is the ONLY way to fly on late 706's & 756's. Guy that rebuilt the POS 4010-D of Dad's had a 756 with an M&W Turbo kit on it that would walk away & hide from almost ANY 4020-turbo around. It'd run right around 140 PTO HP... He did R&D work for M&W....it was His job to "Break Things". Also at the time was largest Stieger Tractor dealer in the nation.
NIC B. - Is that the Alcoa forged rod? Looks like Brian did a little better job on Your rod than He did mine. For the $$$$$ I spent with Him I wasn't overly impressed..... Almost wished I'd have gone to "DENNY'S CARB SHOP"
rofl.gif

Latest posts

Back