• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 30, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Am I correct in assuming the the thrust button on a braked PTO is made of metal to hold the wavy washer and retaining ring?

A picture of the back side of the brake shoe and how it attaches to the rockshaft would be much appreciated also.

Thanks...

Richard

Richard T.
We have a cool feature shown above in the Parts Lookup button.
If you will click it and enter 169 into the model number box, you will find a neat pick of what your looking for, including part numbers.
63271.jpg

Charlie, I've got manuals and am familiar with ALL of the buttons at the top of the page...
deadat30.gif
bubbly.gif
Thanks for putting that info. up though.
I just wanted to know what #14 was made of,,,,, probably not fibre. It looks like metal in the Pic. I'll know in a few days when the parts arrive, I was just curious.

Charlie, what paper did you get that from? Make sure you send that one to Leno for Headlines...

Jason,
Beats me, I just found it in my old pics folder the other night, It's probably 4 or 5 years old by now, LOL

I have a cub cadet 126 that the clutch slips when doing down steep hills. Is this normal for gear drive cub cadets? If so, is there anything that I can do to help the clutch hold better? To give some reference, the brakes can stop and old the tractor in these inclines. I had the clutch apart a couple weeks ago (teaser spring broke) and the pressure plates and clutch disk looked very good. There was no warp age in the pressure plates. However, I could not tell if they were cupped any. I have a fairly hill piece of property that I would rather cut with the riding mower as opposed to using my push mower. So far I have been avoiding the inclines that cause the clutch to slip and the tractor to speed up.

Thanks for any ideas or info.

cscannon

Christopher: Make sure your clutch is adjusted right. If I remember right the adjustment is 9/32 from the pedal arm to the pedal stop. Tighten the nut on the clutch release rod in and measure as you go.

Pops

Latest posts

Back