• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 30, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here ya go Tyler,
29722.jpg

Charlie,

You're right, Supr Lok and Supr Lok II were DMI's pet names for their clamp on dual rims (I checked my old DMI literature). Suprised the name didn't have "Tiger" in it!!!!!...everything else seemed to!!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

BTW, DMI (now owned by CNH) is located about 10 miles straight south of the Roanoke, IL Plow Day field in Goodfield. Neat place.

My dealer was busy today, so I didn't quite catch what he said. I think that he said that the red arrow piece is the only N.L.A.

Can you check that or will your computer program let you??? Thanks Charlie, Tyler

29725.jpg

Tyler T.
From what I could find out #7 is NLA, #19 is still advailable for a small sum of greenbacks.

Hey Steve - thanks for posting the pics of the Bachtold weed mower. It does look a bit dangerous but probably perfect for fence rows. I also liked "Big Steve's Pickle Fork" adjustment. Ain't torches wonderful when used correctly. Now if I could just find someone on the left coast that has one maybe I'd get my 169 all set up to use.

Well the Great Brooks Steam-Up show was another great one this year. Got to see Doug "Bucket" Barnett and his stretched 106 bucket loader. And his 149 with side-kick rider. Steve Johnson and the Oregon Garden Tractor group had a great showing of tractors, probably 100+ machines including lots of crawlers that you never really saw on the east coast.

Sure wish ole Necker would'a made the show. Guess there's always next year.

Tom - great to be back posting again. Lots of catching up to do if I can ever get the time.

Great seeing all the activity on the Forum including all the regulars and great sources of specs and details.

Well, as my great friend Arnie, from south CA states - "I'll be back".

Hydro Harry
Hydros Forever

Doesn't someone in WI make that part?
wink.gif

Thanks for the info. Why did the discontinue #7?? that is stupid because that is the only really essential part.

(Message edited by tturner on August 02, 2005)

Tyler -

It may come as a surprise, but as far as <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> Cub Cadet parts are concerned, MTD is in the business of providing service replacement parts, which are parts that generally break or wear out over time. They're not in the business of providing parts for those that want to cobble together something that wasn't originally on their old tractor.

As with most things that are NLA, it's probably a business decision. You may very well be the ONE person that wants to buy #7 this year. Not worth paying warehouse space to keep ONE on hand just for you, let alone have to pay someone to cycle count it, inventory it and generally keep track of it. To have a jobber make one because you wanted to order one from MTD would mean it'd probably cost you $75
wink.gif

Charlie -

Not to mention the fact that they'd REALLY like to put ya in the seat of a 5000 series instead...
lol.gif

Someone in WI HAS made a portion of #7 in the past......I know the guy who added the other portion and put it in a 149..........
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

The whole assembly is easy to make if you have the tube portion of #7 and some old hyd. lift parts laying around........BTDT

STEVE B. - I was hoping You'd post on the dual hyd system You made! BRYAN - You forgot the most important part of Manufacturing Service parts.... Making them, cycle counting, paying Inventory taxes on them while waiting for someone to order it.... Then when Someone DOES order the part the person in shipping CAN'T find it... so an emergency Order has to be placed with ZERO lead-time to get ONE part ASAP to fill the order. Happens daily here. And every place else I've ever worked too for that matter.

Dennis, Charie, Bryan, and others,
Sounds like someone needs more Lean Manufacturing. Maybe a JIT system could be implemented? Then everyone could be satisfied.
thumbsup_old.gif

Has anyone ever attended a Sneaky Pete's Garden Tractor Pullers event? http://sneakypetespullers.com/ I was thinking of driving down to Zubrota, MN next weekend to check out the festivities.

(Message edited by tcbusch on August 02, 2005)

can anyone tell me how i would test the coil to see if it is good or not,i have a 62 original,i picked up about a month ago,i'm getting no spark,and don't know how to go about finding the problem,the motor turns over good,just won't fire,or maybe i should be looking for some other part electrical that isn't working?please help

Jeff,
Remove the spark plug and rest is against a good ground, like the head or something. Remove the wire from the coil that goes to the points cover just below and right of the carburetor. Turn the key on. Take another wire and ground one end. Tap the other end against the coil post where the wire you just removed went. This will ground the side of the coil that would normally be connected to the points. This should cause the spark plug to spark. If you still don't have spark then make sure you have 12 volts to the other post of the coil. If you don't have 12 volts to the other side of the coil then you have another problem like a bad switch.

i forgot to mention,after trying to start it for a few minutes,the coil gets very hot,is this normal or no?thanks

Jeff M:

Here are a couple of Diagrams to help you diagnose the problem:

29737.jpg

29738.jpg

Latest posts

Back