• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 30, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
Well Iowa has one less 127!
biggrin.gif

29667.jpg

And Travis had another one of his FREE PARTS DAYS today, I'll save ya the misery of showin pics though. LOL

Does anyone know where you can get bigger tie rods? My 782 has lots of play and they are pretty bent. Anyone make better tie rods, or is there a model that has bigger ones that will bolt right up?

Also I am debating on getting new tires. I'm thinking about Ag's instead of putting back on the turf tires. I've seen some people post pics of ag's on there 82 series but I hate how wide they look. Do older cubs have narrower rims that will work on my 782, so as to get narrower ag's? where do you guys like to get your ag tires from?

So Tedd and I headed out early this morning for Freeport...

29678.jpg

Got to hang with Matt G (and father and grandfather), Kevin D, Glen E and Wes H.

Sorry ya couldn't make it, Tom, it was a gorgeous day. But hey, at least it was work and not a wedding, right?
lol.gif

I've got some video clips, but since they were taken with a phone they don't translate well to MOV or AVI files. So if anyone here wants to take a peek and can handle a 3GP file (latest version of Quicktime will work, as will most cell phones with video capability), let me know. Got a nice driveby of Kevin on his Ferrari-as-International...

Jim -

Try McMaster

Matt G. -

bash.gif

So we got a couple gallons at the Road Ranger @ 2.25 (since the guage was gettin' low) and headed for the Wally World in Belvidere @ 2.19. Ah, the games we gotta play...

Well, I'm as red as Kevin's Ferrari!!! OUCH
How are the rest of ya????

Man I have never seen so many Deere puke at the dino .
roflol.gif

The IHC stuff kept the dino guys busy and racking up the numbers.

I was already red before this. I hid in the shade most of the day though, because I'd look like this otherwise:
explotar2jr.gif

It was good to see the skeleton crew in Freeport today. Lots of dead Deere at the dyno,yep yep. Matt,I look like the firebomb,it's a-gonna hurt tomorrow!

I was at the small local show today. One of the local Cub Cadet collectors showed up with a Bachtold weed mower made for the front of a narrow frame. I had never seen one before, very cool!!!! (pics later)

Spent some of the weekend working on the 782 deck. New front tires caused it to run downhill a bit.......draw up the front hangers some right????....15 min. and I can mow with it....WRONG!!!! Forgot that the front eye bolts were already bottomed, so zero adjustment there. Further inspection revealed that the "pickle fork" on the subframe was almost rubbed thru and that the cross shaft on the tractor was the same. Fixed those, still not enough lift, so I used the Big Steve "bend the pickle fork arm" trick with the torch over at the farm.......I'll put that back together tomorrow and go from there (pics for Kraig first though).

Mowed with the 149 today...for the first time in 2 months. Still was only cutting weeds and a few shaded spots, but the ragged appearance was bugging me, so the lawn got clipped. Most Cub Cadet action I've seen in a long time!!!!

Hey Steve - can't wait for the picks of the weed mower. I never even heard of Bachtold. Got any more details?

Well, I'm off to the Great Brooks Oregon Steam-Up tomorrow. Taking the 169 along. Only chance it gets any run time is this show. Boy it's a shame living on the Left Coast with no yard for a tractor. Doug "The Bucket Loader" Barnett is already at the show just awaiting to load up that bucket with another tree stump and let her rip thru the parade (hehe).

Jerry Bliler from Spud Land Idaho supposed to be there tomorrow. Gotta see Jerry and do some Cub catching up.

And ole Red Neck, er Bob Necker just can't make it from Big Sky. I'm a guessing the State Police won't let him in or something. They closed the border in '04 and sounds like same again for the '05 show. Sure would'a thought the Neck could'a found a back road in, or even just rolled on down one of those mountains and made it. I just don't know what's up with the Rev anymore.

I'll post again after the show. Sure do miss the East Coast shows and all the Cubs back there.

Hydro Harry (Has Returned)
Still Got the Yeller 'n White FEVER!!!!

Matt G -

I have the full version of Quicktime (along with VideoDub and Multiquence), so I can convert it to anything. The point is that a 176x144 video doesn't translate well to folks playing it back at 640x480
wink.gif

Matt G -

I tried AVI last night and of course WMP doesn't open it at its intended resolution. It looks like a big mass of blocks moving randomly around the screen - it's UGLY
lol.gif

I'm not sure it'd even look good at 320x240!

Hydro Harry,
NICE HEARIN' FROM YA"!!

Bryan,
Don't laugh, the wedding is in the planning!

Tom H. -

Yeah, well it better not be at the end of September!
lol.gif

Latest posts

Back