• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through July 24, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
So I was doing my daily order the other day and stumbled across this thing, I never thought to check Cub Cadet, LOL
307253.jpg

Attachments

• 307253.jpg
    307253.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 128
  • 307253.jpg
    307253.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 142
I will also pay it forward and make them door prizes at the Blunier plow day this fall!!!!!

I spent a little shop and seat time yesterday. I picked up a 1450 that is in decent shape. Needed to add an under carriage and deck so I do some mowing. Takes about an hour and a half to mow so I got a good idea of how it runs and handles. No problem with the transmission shouldn’t need to do anything to the trunnion, although it’s going to need a little work done to it. Not house broke (cork gasket) also will want to do the motor mount cross bar and my front axle channel mod to take out some of axle movement.

307261.jpg

307262.jpg

Attachments

• 307261.jpg
    307261.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 139
  • 307262.jpg
    307262.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 138
  • 307261.jpg
    307261.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 144
  • 307262.jpg
    307262.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 140
Charlie--
You have another one of those ubolts to make a pair? I would buy them if they are correct for my application.

125 update: Well, at first today I figured I'd be on the k301 engine clean-up, and gasket replacement. Being thankful to Kraig, Charlie, and the "correct police", I have safely removed the wire harness, to begin the harness inspection and terminal cleaning process. Furthermore in mind, installing the "correct" factory IH light switch. On first glance, the cloth-like wire insulation looks pretty good. I seem to suspect a caution toward this cloth stuff. The voltage regulator turns out to be new aftermarket. In trying to be correct, I happen to have an original voltage regulator on hand that will replace the new one! Things are looking up for this 125!

Too hot for cubs.
And this is in the shade!

307265.jpg

I think it is broke, it has been around this point three days in a row!

If I were only at Charlie's house!

Attachments

• 307265.jpg
    307265.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 127
  • 307265.jpg
    307265.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 146
Marty-

You got that right! It's HOT! I've been working on the 1200 I posted pics of yesterday. I have a big squirrel cage fan and made a gallon of tea so it's been almost bearable.

I called the owner to give him an update. He said he had the carb rebuilt 6 months ago. I've dealt with a bunch of carbs and the bowl gasket was way older than that. It appears the "mechanic" just cleaned everything and put back all of the old. The fuel line was full of dry rot cracks too. Maybe he just didn't notice. I also found 3 of the 4 engine mount bolts missing. I haven't gotten to the ISO rails yet. I'm sure they will need some attention since it's only been 37 years.

I guess it's hard to find good help these days.

Hello. I have a cub cadet # 1450 with a 14 hp kolher (K-321) I'm having a problem keeping it running. After 30 minutes or so, it shuts down, and will not start until after it cools off. I changed the coil, points, spark plug. Still doing the same. Has anyone had this problem and would you please tell me what to install on it to stop this.
I sure wish you would take time to help me and email me. Thanks

Got one of the last pieces of the 126 installed today. The missing IH decal for the rear of the fender pan. It was a big hit at the Spring Valley, MN last weekend.

Finally dried up enough to get some mowing done. Got the "swamp" done and started for the house and the smoker just quit moving. Towed it to the shop and up on the table for now. Too darn hot to mess with for now. Will crank up the fan and the AC in the AM and pull the tunnel cover and see what's up. Suspect broken or missing pin as I have no hydraulics either. At least I hope that's all it is!

Keep cool

Jerry G.-

Have you checked to see if it's still getting fuel after it shuts down? 30 minutes is longer than this problem should take but it's something else to eliminate. I've had them shut down like that because the tank wasn't "breathing" well. Also, the condenser is just as important as the rest of the things you've already checked/changed.

Jerry G.
I'm with Wayne on the condenser.
QL's are notorious for them going bad because of the location they are located in, Hot and shaking all the time, LOL

Jerry G.

Quick test to see if it's fuel or ignition related is to pull the choke when it starts to happen......if it helps, think fuel, if not, think ignition.

Good advice on the condenser.......

I didn't need 2 more 1x2's nor will I have time to do any work on them this summer but, going to pick them up in the morning.

307271.jpg

307272.jpg

Just called the guy, took them sight unseen.

Hope you all had a good weekend.

Bill

Attachments

• 307272.jpg
    307272.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 136
  • 307271.jpg
    307271.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 136
  • 307272.jpg
    307272.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 145
  • 307271.jpg
    307271.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 128
Bill R -

greenthumb.gif
greenthumb.gif

Attachments

• greenthumb.gif
    greenthumb.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 128
  • greenthumb.gif
    greenthumb.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 129
  • greenthumb.gif
    greenthumb.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 125
  • greenthumb.gif
    greenthumb.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 125
Bill R--3pt lift on one and hydraulic lift on the other! Looks like a score to me!!!

Today we worked on the steering for the Mule! I broke the steering box last fall while returning from the BC II plow day. That 100 is one of my favorite plow tractors ever. My son Judge is about to have his 6th Bday and he was bugging me about getting his tractor fixed for his bday. So...I dug into my parts bin and pulled out a manual box saved from a low hour cyclops parts tractor. I chose to make this upgrade to make it steer even easier. The cyclops tractors have tilt wheels. This is accomplished with a CV joint located about 10" up from the steering box. Judge and I made the appropriate measurements to create a factory length steering shaft. Then we took the two steering shafts to my favorite fabricator...

307280.jpg

My uncle Roger! Judge got to wear a helmet and "watch" welding for the first time.

307281.jpg

He thought the whole process was super cool and can't wait for the reassembly of his tractor!

307282.jpg

Tonight I'm going to epoxy the steering tube to the box. Tomorrow night we will set it up, adjust it, and install it! The mule will be back alive!

Attachments

• 307282.jpg
    307282.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 140
  • 307281.jpg
    307281.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 129
  • 307280.jpg
    307280.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 124
  • 307282.jpg
    307282.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 131
  • 307281.jpg
    307281.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 129
  • 307280.jpg
    307280.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 128
John N. Nice looking 1250. Congratulations!!!

Bill R. You may not need the two additions however think of it more as a rescue mission.
happy.gif

Joshua S. Of course we'll need pictures when the Cub gets up and running.

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 122
Josh S -

Birthday coming up, observing fabrication/welding, and his "own" IH Cadet!!!

Wow Judge is Very Fortunate, and Super CooL

307292.jpg
greenthumb.gif

Attachments

• greenthumb.gif
    greenthumb.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 126
  • 307292.jpg
    307292.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 124
  • greenthumb.gif
    greenthumb.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 133
  • 307292.jpg
    307292.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 127
Charlie, or anyone that knows-

What exactly do the snubbers do mounted on the front of the rails in an ISO system? I've installed a few through the years and have never really figured it out. I'm tired of scratching my head.

TIA

Back